Liam moore

578 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Liam moore

by NathStPaul » 02 Feb 2022 23:55

Zip
NathStPaul Liam Moore fan boys out in force.

Are you a Dai Yongge fanboy OMA?

No I want them all hung, drawn and quartered.

Liam Moore obviously has something to say so he should say it rather than getting whoever does his social media to type him up a generic statement full of waffle and bullshit. You can be fooled by him and take his word for things but I choose not to thanks. Sure he'll pay for the bus up to Stoke if you want to go watch him?

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 03 Feb 2022 01:38

NathStPaul
Zip
NathStPaul Liam Moore fan boys out in force.

Are you a Dai Yongge fanboy OMA?

No I want them all hung, drawn and quartered.

Liam Moore obviously has something to say so he should say it rather than getting whoever does his social media to type him up a generic statement full of waffle and bullshit. You can be fooled by him and take his word for things but I choose not to thanks. Sure he'll pay for the bus up to Stoke if you want to go watch him?

+1

It’s staggering that some of our fans appear to want to act like some kind of massed collective of psychotherapists towards the player who wanted to leave twice and only stayed because he was paid more money (allegedly) than anyone had ever been paid at our Club previously and whose performances declined in quality and consistency almost as fast as his loyalty and leadership.

I understand that our owners are not beyond reproach in all the financial nonsense of recent years but Liam Moore’s contract and performances were and until now very much part of the ongoing legacy of the financial nonsense. A big problem.

As I said recently, the victim flag will be flying as soon as he leaves.

Poor Liam, I bet he has had a terrible time. At least he has managed to leave this horrible Club, with its horrible nasty abusive owners; expecting him to have standards of performance, leadership, commitment and (dare I use the word when referring to a modern day footballer) ‘loyalty’; particularly when times are tough and after he had been given responsibility, recognition and vast amounts of money.

How dare they make such demands…

As I also said previously; I really liked Liam Moore, at Leicester and after he first signed. He looked a class act.
I thought he would become one of our greats.

It’s sad it hasn’t turned out that way.

His recent message has some merit and some humility but it is also a thinly veiled complaint and doesn’t acknowledge what the owners did for him personally and the sums invested in the Club as a whole and therefore his statement is not balanced and not truthful.

In the owners’ eyes, and in mine; Liam Moore let us all down; more than once.

That doesn’t make him a bad person but it is important to look at this honestly. He has let us down and therefore I have zero loyalty to him and zero desire to ‘understand his point of view’.

Deeds and not words.

I expected more of him.

Good luck to him at Stoke, accept if ever he is up against us.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 03 Feb 2022 03:17

The capitalisation on this thread title is really starting to bug me now

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Feb 2022 07:04

I’m quite interested to see what his side of the story is if it eventually comes out. Solely for the entertainment though. Already long moved on from him

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Feb 2022 07:11

Liam Moore

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Feb 2022 07:59

Personally, I think he’s been decent for us at times and he’s normally managed to keep himself off the injury list. Not fussed that he’s gone but the way the other players have responded to him would suggest that he’s well liked. Maybe he said to Pauno “Zonal marking isn’t working and you and your coaching staff don’t know what you’re oxf*rd doing and things won’t improve until you listen more to us players”. Who knows?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Feb 2022 08:07

blythspartan Personally, I think he’s been decent for us at times and he’s normally managed to keep himself off the injury list. Not fussed that he’s gone but the way the other players have responded to him would suggest that he’s well liked. Maybe he said to Pauno “Zonal marking isn’t working and you and your coaching staff don’t know what you’re oxf*rd doing and things won’t improve until you listen more to us players”. Who knows?

Entirely possible but it’s heresy to suggest this sort of thing on HNA. You’ll upset peoples’ feelings.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 03 Feb 2022 08:27

Uke The capitalisation on this thread title is really starting to bug me now

In fact it bugs you so much that you have to get up in the middle of the night (UK time) to post on Hob Nob about it!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Feb 2022 09:23

If his input to sorting out the defence was ‘zonal marking isn’t working’ then he deserved both that article on the official and to be booted out of the club. And fined.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Feb 2022 09:34

Millsy
blythspartan Personally, I think he’s been decent for us at times and he’s normally managed to keep himself off the injury list. Not fussed that he’s gone but the way the other players have responded to him would suggest that he’s well liked. Maybe he said to Pauno “Zonal marking isn’t working and you and your coaching staff don’t know what you’re oxf*rd doing and things won’t improve until you listen more to us players”. Who knows?

Entirely possible but it’s heresy to suggest this sort of thing on HNA. You’ll upset peoples’ feelings.

It's also possible he danced the grim fandango in a pink tutu while having sex with an effigy of the queen, but I don't see anyone suggesting it.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Feb 2022 10:16

Snowflake Royal
Millsy

It's also possible he danced the grim fandango in a pink tutu while having sex with an effigy of the queen, but I don't see anyone suggesting it.

8)

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 03 Feb 2022 10:32

morganb
Uke The capitalisation on this thread title is really starting to bug me now

In fact it bugs you so much that you have to get up in the middle of the night (UK time) to post on Hob Nob about it!

Hadn’t gone to bed :lol:

And a bottle of 19 Crimes and a couple of whiskies…

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Feb 2022 10:34

Snowflake Royal
Millsy

That’s definitely better than mine :D

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Feb 2022 21:03

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Feb 2022 07:45

genome Apparently very good today for Stoke :lol:

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/303296/liam-moore

Good. That should help “persuade” Stoke to make it permanent ( or at least a season loan ) for next year.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 06 Feb 2022 08:32

genome Apparently very good today for Stoke :lol:

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/303296/liam-moore

He has something to play for - namely a new, super-doopah contract; once he gets it, it will be interesting to read the Stoke fans' opinion of him 6 months later..............................................

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Feb 2022 09:43

Part of the reason he's been so shit here the last few seasons is because he's watched a very promising career go down the toilet.

He needed to move to a fresh challenge 2 / 3 seasons ago for his and our good. Instead he hung around to squeeze every last penny out of us gradually getting worse.

I suspect he's damaged his ability to get back to his best consistently after that. And I reckon after a while the pleasure at a new challenge will fade, especially if Stoke aren't in the top 6 or even fall down towards relegation, and it will see him fall apart again.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Feb 2022 09:09

I think he is one of those players who can appear better than they are when you first watch as well. All the lunges and shouting and stuff look impressive to start with

Anyway, good luck to him, hope he has a good end to the season and moves on

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 Feb 2022 09:20

Snowflake Royal Part of the reason he's been so shit here the last few seasons is because he's watched a very promising career go down the toilet.

He needed to move to a fresh challenge 2 / 3 seasons ago for his and our good. Instead he hung around to squeeze every last penny out of us gradually getting worse.

I suspect he's damaged his ability to get back to his best consistently after that. And I reckon after a while the pleasure at a new challenge will fade, especially if Stoke aren't in the top 6 or even fall down towards relegation, and it will see him fall apart again.

He should have left when Brighton came in for him. Just take the £10m or whatever the figure was that Brighton were offering and have done with it and move on, it may have left us in a better position overall, even now with FFP.

He is a good player that I'm disappointed to see go, but circumstances were such where he didn't really show it in the last 18 months was just pretty average overall with some good moments, but some bad moments as well. He certainly hasn't been performing to the levels that we were paying him for, but at the time of his bumper new deal it wasn't like he didn't deserve to earn that much, he was probably operating at top Championship-lower PL level, hence the interest generated in him.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 07 Feb 2022 09:23

Hound I think he is one of those players who can appear better than they are when you first watch as well. All the lunges and shouting and stuff look impressive to start with

Anyway, good luck to him, hope he has a good end to the season and moves on

Thing with Liam Moore is pretty common, when they're new, you see what they bring to the party, when they've been here a while, their party tricks are old-hat, and their faults are starting to grate.

How many times has a new player featured in the end-of-season player of the year awards his first year - and "goes downhill" every year after that?

It's a very rare player that can stay at a club more than 3 years and still be as popular as they were after the first season.

See also Josh Laurent, Andy Yiadom, etc

578 posts