578 posts
Crowbar6753

Re: Liam moore

by Crowbar6753 » 15 Jan 2022 21:27

Our 150th Anniversary is going pretty well so far.... :oops:

fred sharpes nose

by fred sharpes nose » 15 Jan 2022 21:27

Has this anything to do with the racism thing posted elsewhere ?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 21:27

NathStPaul
Zip Presumably Josh Laurent will become captain.

He's off in the summer. Would rather we give it to McIntyre as he is more than likely to be here for the next couple of seasons. Maybe Laurent being the on field captain until McIntyre is fit.

TMac is barely ever fit.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 21:28

fred sharpes nose Has this anything to do with the racism thing posted elsewhere ?

It may well do.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 15 Jan 2022 21:29

Pepe the Horseman Obviously we've all got some strong opinions on Liam Moore, and would've been best for everyone if he'd moved on a long time ago, but the timing of this stinks. Can't help but feel he's being thrown under the bus to try and deflect the blame away from Pauno.

This is how I interpret it too.

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 15 Jan 2022 21:30

Zip
NathStPaul

He's off in the summer. Would rather we give it to McIntyre as he is more than likely to be here for the next couple of seasons. Maybe Laurent being the on field captain until McIntyre is fit.

TMac is barely ever fit.

What is more concerning than the next captaincy choice is that Liam was one of the very few players contracted beyond this season… Not that he is going to be a loss following this news but hardly ideal to lose yet another of our what, 8 or 9 contracted players?!

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Jan 2022 21:30

Zip
NathStPaul

TMac is barely ever fit.

Club captain's don't necessarily always have to be, its more about the message it sends out. Local boy being the captain of the club wins the supporters over. Trying to think about it from the owners perspective more than anything.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Jan 2022 21:31

NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman Obviously we've all got some strong options on Liam Moore, and would've been best for everyone if he'd moved on a long time ago, but the timing of this stinks. Can't help but feel he's being thrown under the bus to try and deflect the blame away from Pauno.

Fcuk him imo. If he's actively looking to move when we are deep in a relegation fight with a limited squad and after the amount of money we've paid him, then he deserves all he's going to get.

Yeh don't get me wrong, not in any way sticking up for Liam Moore, I can't wait for him to leave, just think the club are trying shift the blame away from Paunovic, and it seems to be working.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 15 Jan 2022 21:32

Zip Then do the decent thing then Liam and rip up your contract. You have been paid handsomely over the past 5/6 years.

The problem is who will want him? His wages are far higher than his actual worth. Perhaps he can be loaned out for the rest of the season with some of his wages being picked up. No way anyone will pay £35k a week to cover his wages or even half that amount.

Trouble is with him going on loan is, we cannot replace him as he is still one of our players in the eyes of the EFL. Surely by stating he does not want to stay at the club he must be breaking his contract terms? If so surely we can rip up his contract and say goodbye to him? Serves him right if he can't find another club, or has to make do with a smaller pay packet.
Last edited by The Royal Forester on 15 Jan 2022 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Jan 2022 21:32

Pepe the Horseman
NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman Obviously we've all got some strong options on Liam Moore, and would've been best for everyone if he'd moved on a long time ago, but the timing of this stinks. Can't help but feel he's being thrown under the bus to try and deflect the blame away from Pauno.

Fcuk him imo. If he's actively looking to move when we are deep in a relegation fight with a limited squad and after the amount of money we've paid him, then he deserves all he's going to get.

Yeh don't get me wrong, not in any way sticking up for Liam Moore, I can't wait for him to leave, just think the club are trying shift the blame away from Paunovic, and it seems to be working.

Yeah its a smart move. Like I just said to Zip, can see McIntyre getting the club captaincy in an attempt to get supporters back on side.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Jan 2022 21:34

We can all knock Liam Moore (and please carry on) but the sad thing is someone will pay a couple of million for him and put him on the same amount he's on now. He will have the last laugh.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Jan 2022 21:36

This isn't really gonna make it any easier to shift him is it?

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 15 Jan 2022 21:37

Also, while there is a humorous side to us receiving no offers for him as of yet, the bloke is seemingly devoid of any drive… What’s stopping him from refusing to leave and seeing out his ridiculously high £35k p/w contract at our expense?

He’ll be 29/30 come the end of his contract with us and I’d imagine would quite comfortably find another club the season after to take him on say £6-10k…

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 21:38

Pepe the Horseman
NathStPaul

I don’t think so Peps. Moore is only a part of the problem and I think we can all recognise it goes a lot wider and deeper than just him. Let’s be honest. The club didn’t need to give him such a lengthy and lucrative contract. It’s the club’s stupidity.

The timing of this after another defeat and the worst week in our history is certainly suspect though. However for his sake and the club’s he just needs to go.

The season of hell just keeps on giving.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 15 Jan 2022 21:39

Zip
fred sharpes nose Has this anything to do with the racism thing posted elsewhere ?

It may well do.

The OS post says he asked for a move months ago, but basically no one has come in for him.

He also move back to Leicester in the summer

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 21:46

McDermolenko
Zip
NathStPaul He's off in the summer. Would rather we give it to McIntyre as he is more than likely to be here for the next couple of seasons. Maybe Laurent being the on field captain until McIntyre is fit.

TMac is barely ever fit.

What is more concerning than the next captaincy choice is that Liam was one of the very few players contracted beyond this season… Not that he is going to be a loss following this news but hardly ideal to lose yet another of our what, 8 or 9 contracted players?!

Yep and some of the others contracted next season won’t want to play in L1 as in Joao, Puscas and Ejaria.
Meite might stay but you would think offers would come in for him. Southwood may agree to stay. McIntyre too. We would be starting from scratch and under a transfer embargo.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 21:47

NathStPaul We can all knock Liam Moore (and please carry on) but the sad thing is someone will pay a couple of million for him and put him on the same amount he's on now. He will have the last laugh.

Bullshit. He's not remotely worth his wage. His choice this summer will be one final year with us in L1 on his big wage, or a Championship pay cut. The rejection of Brighton's offer was a bad call for us, but bad for him too. With the right career decisions, he could have been a lower PL player.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 21:57

Moore “incredibly shocked with the statement released tonight”
Dear God we are a club in a free fall. Some posters on here who I would ordinarily agree with don’t think we are in a mess. I have never known us to be in such a bad place as this. It’s very disheartening to see the club like this.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 21:58

Before everyone piles in...we're fans, to Moore it's a workplace. I once had a toxic workplace in a middle management role and put my all into making the best of it and protecting my team. I did as good as job as realistic for 18 months, but eventually broke and quit. It felt awful and my mental health was shot. After looking after myself and moving on, I now probably earn more money than my cnut of an ex boss because I'm in a workplace that gets the best out of people.

Moore is not allowed to quit. A bad decision was made for all parties a few years ago and he has tried to be our leader and captain since. Maybe he has broken. I think he still cares for the club, but it's broken with rotten culture, and there's a limit to what an individual can take.

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 15 Jan 2022 21:59

Zip Moore “incredibly shocked with the statement released tonight”
Dear God we are a club in a free fall. Some posters on here who I would ordinarily agree with don’t think we are in a mess. I have never known us to be in such a bad place as this. It’s very disheartening to see the club like this.

Can see a slanging match coming from this - only benefit is we might get some home truths from both sides of the argument given how we’ve had silence from the club prior to this statement tonight

578 posts