Liam moore

578 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Liam moore

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 22:52

Reading FC Statement Our club, together with its manager, is intent on selecting players in the first team squad who are dedicated to giving their absolute all to Reading Football Club..

Unless you’re Danny Drinkwater, of course.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 22:52

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal I feel like at this point we should just cut our losses and start a Phoenix club.

Was thinking about that if the doom predictions prove true (I don’t think they would).

I would probably stump up a grand or two without too much regret in that scenario. Which is probably a ludicrously high amount.

You?

Yeah fcuk it. Who we signing first?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 22:54

CountryRoyal
Reading FC Statement Our club, together with its manager, is intent on selecting players in the first team squad who are dedicated to giving their absolute all to Reading Football Club..

It’s a nasty thing to say by the club particularly after our players just gave up v Fulham....and Moore wasn’t one of those involved in that capitulation.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Jan 2022 22:54

The club I love is oxf*rd. Bad PR, an inconspicuous owner who’s quicker than our fastest player and a manager who spouts the same shit and adopts the same inept tactics week after week who is untouchable. Plus a medical team who should be featured on crime watch.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 22:56

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal I feel like at this point we should just cut our losses and start a Phoenix club.

Was thinking about that if the doom predictions prove true (I don’t think they would).

I would probably stump up a grand or two without too much regret in that scenario. Which is probably a ludicrously high amount.

You?

I hear Liam Moore is looking for a club.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Jan 2022 22:57

Zip Then do the decent thing then Liam and rip up your contract. You have been paid handsomely over the past 5/6 years.

The problem is who will want him? His wages are far higher than his actual worth. Perhaps he can be loaned out for the rest of the season with some of his wages being picked up. No way anyone will pay £35k a week to cover his wages or even half that amount.

Don't we send old un's and "not good enough any more"to Wycombe.....or we could file under "f*cking hopeless" and send to Ipswich.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 22:58

Zip
CountryRoyal

It’s a nasty thing to say by the club particularly after our players just gave up v Fulham....and Moore wasn’t one of those involved in that capitulation.

Probably a good thing otherwise they might have had 10.

All jokes aside, I think we’re in agreement. The statement was poor taste.

Obviously we are disappointed that Liam, a player awarded one of the club’s most significant contracts, has now stated his intention to move on.

I mean, this is just :shock: . To think an actual, fully grown adult, actually thought this was an appropriate thing to say is just mind boggling.

Unfortunately this is just another stain on the club’s recent history where no parties come out covered in glory. Really sad times.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 23:00

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal Was thinking about that if the doom predictions prove true (I don’t think they would).

You?

I hear Liam Moore is looking for a club.

About his level tbf.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2022 23:00

Snowflake Royal

You?
pretty much what Portsmouth fans did five or six years ago? One of my Pompey fan work colleagues threw over £1k towards their cause…

How many Reading fans are that committed?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 23:02

AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal

You?
pretty much what Portsmouth fans did five or six years ago? One of my Pompey fan work colleagues threw over £1k towards their cause…

We have some of the cheapest ticket prices in the EFL and yet some the lowest relative attendances.

That probably tells you everything about that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 23:02

Zip is right.

No matter what has happened,that public statement is unnecessarily nasty.

It should be bland, and non-judgemental. You do not air your dirty laundry in public.

This is hardly likely to encourage anyone to take him on either, and we're stuck with him for another 18 months if they don’t.

You can sure as hell bet your last penny that the FL won't approve us paying off 18 months of a £30k a week salary.

This is bad press. It serves no productive purpose. It makes a bad situation worse. If Moore has friends in the squad it alienates them and fosters conflict.

It's just really really toxic

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 23:03

CountryRoyal
AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal Was thinking about that if the doom predictions prove true (I don’t think they would).

You?

We have some of the cheapest ticket prices in the EFL and yet some the lowest relative attendances.

That probably tells you everything about that.

It tells you not many people want to come and see their team fail to win at home most of the time. Two good seasons in 10.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Jan 2022 23:03

AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal

You?

I’d put in £2k.

clauski

by clauski » 15 Jan 2022 23:07

Don't know about the rights and wrongs of the statement, the goings on behind the scenes, the rumours or any of that, but I do know that on the pitch Liam Moore has been inept this season. Maybe those other things haven't helped that, or maybe he's lost his desire, but either way the right time to go for both parties.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jan 2022 23:10

+1

Afc reading royals

Start in CCL division 1

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Jan 2022 23:16

Snowflake Royal Zip is right.

No matter what has happened,that public statement is unnecessarily nasty.

It should be bland, and non-judgemental. You do not air your dirty laundry in public.

This is hardly likely to encourage anyone to take him on either, and we're stuck with him for another 18 months if they don’t.

You can sure as hell bet your last penny that the FL won't approve us paying off 18 months of a £30k a week salary.

This is bad press. It serves no productive purpose. It makes a bad situation worse. If Moore has friends in the squad it alienates them and fosters conflict.

It's just really really toxic

An attempt to deflect criticism away from the owners after yet another defeat..........

Must think that the supporters are stupid. Suggesting the blame lies elsewhere.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 15 Jan 2022 23:18

Zip
CountryRoyal

It’s not that nasty is it?

“Our club, together with its manager, is intent on selecting players in the first team squad who are dedicated to giving their absolute all to Reading Football Club. That starts with our captain. As a result, Moore will no longer be given the honour of our club captaincy.”

Just says they expect each player to give their all, and basically as he wants to leave, he can’t be captain. And let’s face it, there’s no way he’s given his all this season or even last, he’s been awful.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 23:22

Bristol Paul
Zip
CountryRoyal

It’s not that nasty is it?

“Our club, together with its manager, is intent on selecting players in the first team squad who are dedicated to giving their absolute all to Reading Football Club. That starts with our captain. As a result, Moore will no longer be given the honour of our club captaincy.”

Just says they expect each player to give their all, and basically as he wants to leave, he can’t be captain. And let’s face it, there’s no way he’s given his all this season or even last, he’s been awful.

It implies he wouldn't give his all if he played for the team. Given what happened against Fulham where the players threw in the towel it’s dismal stuff from the club. It’s not the sort of statement the club should be coming out with imo. These sorts of issues don’t need to be aired. Moore’s response suggests great surprise at the statement.

After the worst week in our history the timing of this is very suspicious. Why wait until tonight to release the statement if he wanted to leave months ago?

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 15 Jan 2022 23:31

This season would make a great Netflix documentary.

If this statement helps get Liam Moore out of the club a little bit quicker then it's a good thing. He was once described to me as the clubs Kryptonite.

Can't be having those wages in League 1 next year.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 15 Jan 2022 23:32

This is all a bit of a clusterfukk

578 posts