by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2022 19:36

You won’t be

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Liam moore

by 72 bus » 16 Jan 2022 19:59

Simmops
Barney
Simmops Nobody else will join me (not that you've gone to a game in 5 years anyway)

Everybody else will keep going. They are the problem. I will make a stand.

Fella....the time now is to actually SUPPORT the club. We are Reading fans. This is OUR club. Yeah, it is a sh!te season....but blimey,
we've had some seriously sh!te seasons in the past.
Support the club. Be angry....yes, but don't forget it is the club we love.

oxf*rd the club
They don't care about us at all
I am from now on boycotting them. This is the only way to change things.

While your in the mood for boycotting, please boycott this board, for the love of all we hold dear please just fukk off.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 20:01

72 bus
Simmops
Barney
Fella....the time now is to actually SUPPORT the club. We are Reading fans. This is OUR club. Yeah, it is a sh!te season....but blimey,
we've had some seriously sh!te seasons in the past.
Support the club. Be angry....yes, but don't forget it is the club we love.

oxf*rd the club

While your in the mood for boycotting, please boycott this board, for the love of all we hold dear please just fukk off.

We don’t often agree but on this a big +1

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jan 2022 20:02

AthleticoSpizz You won’t be

Watch me

I'll make a stand when nobody else will

Just a bunch of fickle people who are all talk

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jan 2022 20:03

Zip
72 bus
Simmops oxf*rd the club

We don’t often agree but on this a big +1

I've tried but i can't. I'm not even allowed to post on here but I just can't stop, I think I'm addicted.

Once upon a time .

Re: Liam Moore

by Once upon a time . » 16 Jan 2022 20:56

I see the clubs statement is working . So many of you accusing him of almost everything . He is now apparently responsible for the financial state the club is in ( maybe that’s why his salary is so high ——— he also does the accounts .) , He is also according to one poster responsible for the salaries of all the other players ( he does do the accounts ) .
I have previously stated that I am not a fan of his , but I cannot believe that he or any player who is physically fit would turn round and say to the manager , ‘ stuff you and my teammates , I’m not playing ‘ , without some cause .

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 16 Jan 2022 21:04

Once upon a time . I cannot believe that he or any player who is physically fit would turn round and say to the manager , ‘ stuff you and my teammates , I’m not playing ‘ , without some cause .

Perhaps being cup-tied would make him a less desirable signing.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 21:06

Once upon a time . I see the clubs statement is working . So many of you accusing him of almost everything . He is now apparently responsible for the financial state the club is in ( maybe that’s why his salary is so high ——— he also does the accounts .) , He is also according to one poster responsible for the salaries of all the other players ( he does do the accounts ) .
I have previously stated that I am not a fan of his , but I cannot believe that he or any player who is physically fit would turn round and say to the manager , ‘ stuff you and my teammates , I’m not playing ‘ , without some cause .

Agreed. It really has worked hasn’t it? Moore is the root of all evil and a convenient scapegoat. Perfect timing too.
I’m not a fan either but he is being left to hang. There are behind the scenes issues involving Moore and I don’t agree with the stance he taken on a specific issue but the statement is not the way to go and will only cause further rifts within the changing room.

royalstevep68

by royalstevep68 » 16 Jan 2022 21:36

Wtf, this club is in a right shambles. Why did the club post that. That’s so amateurish it’s laughable. What a stupid statement to put out. All they had to do is take the captaincy off him and give it to someone else. Everything else is kept behind closed doors. Prior to the statement the club should’ve met with Liam to explain what’s going to happen and why.

Terrible way to treat an employee.

Can’t see Liam playing again after this. I’d take £1 million and get him off the wage bill. Personally I can see him going on a free though. High wages and he’s been poor last few months and doesn’t want to be here, plus we can then get someone in on less wages.

Club is in a total mess. Total shambles.

I can’t see where the club is going other than panic stop gap loans. Next 3 years are going to get worse and more painful.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 16 Jan 2022 21:58

royalstevep68 Wtf, this club is in a right shambles. Why did the club post that. That’s so amateurish it’s laughable. What a stupid statement to put out. All they had to do is take the captaincy off him and give it to someone else. Everything else is kept behind closed doors. Prior to the statement the club should’ve met with Liam to explain what’s going to happen and why.

Can’t see Liam playing again after this. I’d take £1 million and get him off the wage bill. Personally I can see him going on a free though. High wages and he’s been poor last few months and doesn’t want to be here, plus we can then get someone in on less wages.

I can’t see where the club is going other than panic stop gap loans. Next 3 years are going to get worse and more painful.

£35K a week, captain of the club but declines to play a game so he would not be cup tied.
And there's even muppets on here defending the bloke, fukk me RFC deserve all they have brought on them selves with supporters like that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 22:05

Zip
Once upon a time . I see the clubs statement is working . So many of you accusing him of almost everything . He is now apparently responsible for the financial state the club is in ( maybe that’s why his salary is so high ——— he also does the accounts .) , He is also according to one poster responsible for the salaries of all the other players ( he does do the accounts ) .

Agreed. It really has worked hasn’t it? Moore is the root of all evil and a convenient scapegoat. Perfect timing too.
I’m not a fan either but he is being left to hang. There are behind the scenes issues involving Moore and I don’t agree with the stance he taken on a specific issue but the statement is not the way to go and will only cause further rifts within the changing room.

Of course it hasn't bloody worked. Pauno is still shit. The owner is still a disaster.

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 16 Jan 2022 22:39

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

You can blame Moore for many things but certainly not financial ruin. As a club Reading FC have brought that on themselves.

I most certainly can. We didn’t force him to take an enormous wage for 4 years. There's no way we just gave him loads more than he wanted. He negotiated that salary.

Of course he did. We didn’t have to give it to him though did we?
Had we been sensibly run we would have let him go. We weren’t. Don’t blame him for getting the best deal he could.
The financial ruin was entirely self inflicted.,

It’s an amazing thing that after a player has clearly, demonstrated total disrespect and disloyalty on two separate occasions when Captain of the Club and displayed mediocrity in his performances over the past two years (Laurent, Holmes, Dann, McIntyre and Morrison have all done a better job over that period) some of our fans defend his behaviour.

For those who think that Moore has displayed the characteristics of the kind of true leader and Captain we would like to see at our Club, you clearly know nothing about what is required of someone appointed to such a privileged and influential role within the Club.

I will not miss his inauthentic, cliched automatised responses to our defeats and his unacceptable performances.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jan 2022 22:47

72 bus
royalstevep68 Wtf, this club is in a right shambles. Why did the club post that. That’s so amateurish it’s laughable. What a stupid statement to put out. All they had to do is take the captaincy off him and give it to someone else. Everything else is kept behind closed doors. Prior to the statement the club should’ve met with Liam to explain what’s going to happen and why.

£35K a week, captain of the club but declines to play a game so he would not be cup tied.
And there's even muppets on here defending the bloke, fukk me RFC deserve all they have brought on them selves with supporters like that.

You are too much of a wet wipe to boycott the club and protesting like I will

Everybody on here is all oxf*rd mouth and no action and deserve what they get

The proof is in the pudding and at the moment the pudding is angel delight

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 16 Jan 2022 23:27

To quote a well known film from the late 1970s;
‘This is really happening Reg!’
In other words, the results of the insanity of the ‘Gourlay’ influence is actually happening; it is the inevitable clear out.
If we were not paying mediocre Moore such eye watering sums of money, he would have been transferred already.
Rafael is gone and I hope Puscas and Moore will follow.
Then the remaining clear out will occur in the summer.
And the rebuilding will begin.
Radical change is painful for those who are terrified by it.
And yet nothing will change for the better without it.
Moore is part of the problem and not part of the solution.
His disloyalty and disrespect to the Club is not something he can be proud of.
What people do in such situations is to deny their behaviour and blame others.
The ‘victim’ narrative will follow shortly, manufactured and fuelled by his PR advisers.
Some people on this forum need to get a grip.
Liam Moore will move on to pastures new and I wish him the very best and I hope he moves on without delay.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 08:08

The Green Programme
Zip
Snowflake Royal I most certainly can. We didn’t force him to take an enormous wage for 4 years. There's no way we just gave him loads more than he wanted. He negotiated that salary.

Of course he did. We didn’t have to give it to him though did we?
Had we been sensibly run we would have let him go. We weren’t. Don’t blame him for getting the best deal he could.
The financial ruin was entirely self inflicted.,

It’s an amazing thing that after a player has clearly, demonstrated total disrespect and disloyalty on two separate occasions when Captain of the Club and displayed mediocrity in his performances over the past two years (Laurent, Holmes, Dann, McIntyre and Morrison have all done a better job over that period) some of our fans defend his behaviour.

For those who think that Moore has displayed the characteristics of the kind of true leader and Captain we would like to see at our Club, you clearly know nothing about what is required of someone appointed to such a privileged and influential role within the Club.

I will not miss his inauthentic, cliched automatised responses to our defeats and his unacceptable performances.

For a start there are two sides to the story. There is more to this than just Moore saying he doesn’t want to play for the club. I am not particularly defending him either. I want him gone. It is ridiculous though for posters to lay the blame on him for our financial ruin. If you go to your employers with ridiculous wage claims you will be told to piss off. We decided through Gourlay to pay him what he wanted.

I also dislike our internal problems being aired in public. Moore will have his allies in the changing room. How is this going to help?

I also won’t take lectures from you about captaincy requirements.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2022 08:52

are we facing financial ruin? news to me.

If what was meant was contributed to us blowing FFP, then yes.

I don't think was a Gourlay screw up. If Moore was correct in his interviews, Gourlay had accepted he would leave for Brighton. This mess was Dai's own doing.

I did think particularly in terms of allies of McIntyre. He seemed to love the guy. But honestly just best he and everyone else moves on asap.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Jan 2022 09:06

If he wants to leave, then he wants to leave it's as simple as that. We do look a bit silly for not taking the money from Brighton years ago at whatever it was being reported and we just went from there, but hindsight is a wonderful thing I suppose.

I wouldn't blame just the Dai's or Gourlay, I think it's a combination of both. I think the Dai's believed because we finished 3rd the season they took over, they believed we were well placed to be in the promotion race again the season after even though I think a lot of people who knew football knew that was our big and only chance to reach the PL. I'm also sure the Dai's probably thought for another season or two afterwards that we had a squad that should have been competing for promotion when I think most knew that wasn't the case either.

Having said that, Gourlay comes into play as he should have recognised that the squad wasn't good enough to reach the PL without some bigger changes in the squad, which we tried and failed to do. He will have played some part in Moore's contract negotiations I don't doubt as well.

I'm also not a big fan of this becoming public knowledge either really, although I think now we know it seems inevitable it would have been leaked at some point. The sooner this gets resolved, the better. I just feel as though there are only really a few viable clubs he may move to. Fulham, West Brom, Bournemouth and maybe Celtic and Rangers. Other than that, realistically I'm struggling to think of others unless he moves abroad.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 17 Jan 2022 09:25

Obviously something has blown up behind the scenes and it has probably been brewing for a long time, there could be a lot more going on and the club thought they'd get in there first before Moore spills the beans. Maybe Moore has upset so many people that the club had to essentially force him out the door. He could be the toxic person in the dressing room / training ground.

In my view, the statement is a pathetic attempt to distract us from the bigger picture and just highlights how badly we were run finacially.
Moore was offered the contract - of course he would accept it. He put his terms to the club and they offered it to him and the rest is history. So you cant throw that in his face.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Jan 2022 09:39

I've always said the club and defence have been a shambles since Moore was Captain. I don't personally blame him for all the clubs issues but he is indicative of a lot that is wrong with the club and is a bullshit fake passion captain.

Saying that - the statement is a joke and our issues lie far deeper.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 10:06

Hound are we facing financial ruin? news to me.

If what was meant was contributed to us blowing FFP, then yes.

I don't think was a Gourlay screw up. If Moore was correct in his interviews, Gourlay had accepted he would leave for Brighton. This mess was Dai's own doing.

I did think particularly in terms of allies of McIntyre. He seemed to love the guy. But honestly just best he and everyone else moves on asap.

The words “financial ruin” were used by Ian.

578 posts