Liam moore

578 posts
Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Liam moore

by Mr Angry » 16 May 2022 13:30

Unless someone makes an offer for him (and frankly, pretty well any offer would secure his transfer), then we will have him on the books for next season.

It will be down to the new Manager to see if he can sort out the problem and to either get Moore playing at a level where he contributes to the team, or whether once fit, is loaned out again.

Whatever the off-field issues were, in his last performances before he finally left last season he was barely functioning as a professional football player - he was on the pitch and in the shirt, but not doing anything.

In short, he was a disgrace, taking money on false pretences.

So whist there is pressure on the Management to sort things out, there is also responsibility on Moore's part to buck his ideas up as well.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 May 2022 13:42

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Thing is he's not actually a good defender anymore.

But then again he isn’t as bad as people like to make out

Personally think that whilst he had a decent first season, he was still part of a defence that conceded a lot of goals (64, which for a playoff team is very high). Not quite sure he was ever as good as he was made out whereas it’s the opposite now. Gone from a fairly solid Championship defender to a fairly average one. Of course he isn’t representing VFM but that shouldn’t have an impact on people’s actual assessments of his ability

Think people are fairly guilty of measuring to the extremes

Don't know what you're talking about. He's our worst ever defender and should be burned at the stake as a witch.

:?

Sad day for Bongani Khumalo :cry:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 May 2022 14:25

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
But then again he isn’t as bad as people like to make out

Personally think that whilst he had a decent first season, he was still part of a defence that conceded a lot of goals (64, which for a playoff team is very high). Not quite sure he was ever as good as he was made out whereas it’s the opposite now. Gone from a fairly solid Championship defender to a fairly average one. Of course he isn’t representing VFM but that shouldn’t have an impact on people’s actual assessments of his ability

Think people are fairly guilty of measuring to the extremes

Don't know what you're talking about. He's our worst ever defender and should be burned at the stake as a witch.

Zat Knight would like a word.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 16 May 2022 14:28

Mr Angry Unless someone makes an offer for him (and frankly, pretty well any offer would secure his transfer), then we will have him on the books for next season.

It will be down to the new Manager to see if he can sort out the problem and to either get Moore playing at a level where he contributes to the team, or whether once fit, is loaned out again.

Whatever the off-field issues were, in his last performances before he finally left last season he was barely functioning as a professional football player - he was on the pitch and in the shirt, but not doing anything.

In short, he was a disgrace, taking money on false pretences.

So whist there is pressure on the Management to sort things out, there is also responsibility on Moore's part to buck his ideas up as well.

We would 100% let him end his contract today and let him move to another club for nothing. We might even agree a small redundancy fee.

You would expect another club to give him a chance given the innate talent and the fact that he's just fallen out with the club. If the tables were turned I reckon Reading would be interested in a play in Moore's situation - take the gamble that given a clean sheet Moore would get back to his best and suddenly you've got a top standard Championship defender playing for you for a fairly reasonable wage.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 16 May 2022 15:34

He wont end his contract - we would have to pay out the remainder of his contract in full which basically makes no difference to our financial state.
I would imagine we would just loan him out to another club for a % of his wage though for a season. Win win - he play gets paid and we split the bill with his new club. Hopefully on a you keep him there if he gets injured deal.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 May 2022 17:45

Coppells Lost Coat He wont end his contract - we would have to pay out the remainder of his contract in full which basically makes no difference to our financial state.
I would imagine we would just loan him out to another club for a % of his wage though for a season. Win win - he play gets paid and we split the bill with his new club. Hopefully on a you keep him there if he gets injured deal.

Not if he finds another club. We *probably* would have to pay up the difference between his contract with us and his new one though

Fezza

by Fezza » 16 May 2022 17:55

tidus_mi2
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Don't know what you're talking about. He's our worst ever defender and should be burned at the stake as a witch.

Surely Greg Halford is in with a sniff?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 May 2022 17:57

Fezza
tidus_mi2
URZZZZ

Surely Greg Halford is in with a sniff?

Khumalo is 100% the worst defender I've seen. He made Paul Bodin look competent.

Hell, I've played with people better than him.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 16 May 2022 18:24

There might be some takers for him potentially. Moore admitted himself he was close to leaving when Bowen was here before, so it may very well happen again.

Providing we get shut this window, even if we do take a hit, every little helps and we'd only be paying him x for another season anyway.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 18 May 2022 20:44

Former Reading captain Liam Moore has been offered to MLS clubs.

Instagram via: [mls_news_] #readingfc https://t.co/Q6l40vIDFV

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 18 May 2022 20:55

He'd love it over there, just his scene and quality level.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 May 2022 21:17

morganb Former Reading captain Liam Moore has been offered to MLS clubs.

Instagram via: [mls_news_] #readingfc https://t.co/Q6l40vIDFV

With Bowen back Moore has no future at Reading
In one sense it's a sad end to his time at the club as he was a bloody good player for us in years gone by

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 May 2022 21:21

Given the MLS season runs March til November and there are limits on foreign players, and the squad salary is capped at $5m for a squad of 20 players, I'm not entirely sure there would be many takers this side of Christmas.

I know there are cap busting Designated player slots available for marquee players but they are usually reserved for the likes of Wayne Rooney or David Beckham, not injury prone Championship defenders.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 May 2022 08:13

From Despair To Where? Given the MLS season runs March til November and there are limits on foreign players, and the squad salary is capped at $5m for a squad of 20 players, I'm not entirely sure there would be many takers this side of Christmas.

I know there are cap busting Designated player slots available for marquee players but they are usually reserved for the likes of Wayne Rooney or David Beckham, not injury prone Championship defenders.

He was in the Leicester title squad wasn’t he? :?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 May 2022 08:50

13/14 Championship title squad, yes.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 May 2022 09:00

I thought MLS would have probably been the more viable move given the financial side of the deal, so we can see where that goes and see if anyone is willing to take him over there. I don't doubt there will be some interested parties, but we just need to see if anyone is willing to take him off our hands.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 May 2022 09:19

But, as I said, they are 2 months into the MLS season and there are quite tight limits on squad size and wages. I don't see there being too many teams with both the squad and cap room to take him on at this time. The salary cap allows for an average wage of $5k a week.

Mannone went there but he went in February, before the start of the MLS season and was given designated player status because his wages were so high, they had a designated space and were in desparate need of a keeper. It's the main reason why his permenant move fell through. They didn't want to give him designated status and his wage demands were too high to work within the salary cap.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 19 May 2022 09:26

From Despair To Where? But, as I said, they are 2 months into the MLS season and there are quite tight limits on squad size and wages. I don't see there being too many teams with both the squad and cap room to take him on at this time. The salary cap allows for an average wage of $5k a week.

Mannone went there but he went in February, before the start of the MLS season and was given designated player status because his wages were so high, they had a designated space and were in desparate need of a keeper. It's the main reason why his permenant move fell through. They didn't want to give him designated status and his wage demands were too high to work within the salary cap.

Even a 6 month loan would be better than nothing though, Johnny Russell earns $2m out there and Ashley Fletcher is on loan from watford where he's apparently on £30k a week so there is money around.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 May 2022 09:34

From Despair To Where? But, as I said, they are 2 months into the MLS season and there are quite tight limits on squad size and wages. I don't see there being too many teams with both the squad and cap room to take him on at this time. The salary cap allows for an average wage of $5k a week.

I suppose it depends who has room for a designated player in their squads. If we have offered him out there, I'm assuming there are some clubs with some wriggle room there.

Even a 6 month loan or so with an option/obligation to buy at the end of their campaign wouldn't be the worst move for all concerned either. Again, it depends on which MLS clubs have space in their squads however.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 May 2022 09:35

The MLS works more like the other big 4 American sports than the rest if the football world with regard to squad sizes and wage budgets.

There is a second transfer window in July, but any transfer is dependant on the club having either the cap space or one of its 3 designated player spaces available. I believe a designated player counts $650k toward the salary cap in any case so, when you consider the cap allows for an average of $250,000 per player, thats a big commitment, not disimilar to the dilemma we have regarding his wage. There are also limits on how many foreign players a club can have. These can be traded but it averages 8 per team. The space has to be available. These things are easier to plan in the off season as you build your squad but for something to happen mid season, the club must have roster and cap space available.

That's why I wouldnt expect anything to happen before Christmas.

578 posts