Liam moore

578 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Liam moore

by NathStPaul » 17 Jan 2022 10:08

Zip
Hound are we facing financial ruin? news to me.

If what was meant was contributed to us blowing FFP, then yes.

I don't think was a Gourlay screw up. If Moore was correct in his interviews, Gourlay had accepted he would leave for Brighton. This mess was Dai's own doing.

I did think particularly in terms of allies of McIntyre. He seemed to love the guy. But honestly just best he and everyone else moves on asap.

The words “financial ruin” were used by Ian.

I guess we could be if we are relegated and the owner pisses off. As far as I was aware we are technically the richest club in the Championship in terms of the owners net worth?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 10:09

Coppells Lost Coat Obviously something has blown up behind the scenes and it has probably been brewing for a long time, there could be a lot more going on and the club thought they'd get in there first before Moore spills the beans. Maybe Moore has upset so many people that the club had to essentially force him out the door. He could be the toxic person in the dressing room / training ground.

In my view, the statement is a pathetic attempt to distract us from the bigger picture and just highlights how badly we were run finacially.
Moore was offered the contract - of course he would accept it. He put his terms to the club and they offered it to him and the rest is history. So you cant throw that in his face.

Spot on.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2022 10:12

Zip

I don't think was a Gourlay screw up. If Moore was correct in his interviews, Gourlay had accepted he would leave for Brighton. This mess was Dai's own doing.

I did think particularly in terms of allies of McIntyre. He seemed to love the guy. But honestly just best he and everyone else moves on asap.

ah sorry, easy to get you two confused ;)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 10:15

Hound
Zip

Cheeky pcunt

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Jan 2022 10:26

Hound
Zip

oof :shock:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jan 2022 10:37

Hopefully it is just the avatar mix-up, otherwise yeah, that's a big ol' ooof. :lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 10:43

Hendo Hopefully it is just the avatar mix-up, otherwise yeah, that's a big ol' ooof. :lol:

I shall be having words with legal advisors. Mr Hound is in my bad books.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Jan 2022 11:02

If it is a statement to try and deflect from how bad a week the club has had then doing so before 2 massive home games is bloody stupid.

Yes, we lost on Saturday in what is becoming a fairly standard way - i.e get in the lead and chuck it away but I don't think many people were too annoyed by given we expected defeat ahead of time - a lot of people could even see shoots of improvement in the 2nd half.

If it was just deflection then what better time than after the Fulham debacle - you can argue about the wording but as said nothing in there seems to be incorrect even if some didn't need to be said but 95% of fans want him gone and he is now on his way in some way shape or form - he won't appear in our first team again - looks like Morrison/Holmes on Weds and then expect TMac and Dann to challenge - Moore is fifth choice now, so lets just get him out or leave him to train on his own. Free transfer and even pay 50% of his wages for the rest of the season if we need to - will still be a decent unexpected saving on the budget.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Jan 2022 11:03

This much discussed statement from the club is a rarity, it is communication and maybe the start of some form of link between the club and fans.

So in the light of dreadful recent results and performances where is the normally mandatory statement on the lines of "the manager has the full backing of the club and we have every confidence....blah, blah,blah"?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Jan 2022 11:07

you wouldn't put it past Pauno to start Moore on Wednesday night :roll:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jan 2022 11:07

Luton would put a lot past us though....

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Jan 2022 11:11

South Coast Royal This much discussed statement from the club is a rarity, it is communication and maybe the start of some form of link between the club and fans.

So in the light of dreadful recent results and performances where is the normally mandatory statement on the lines of "the manager has the full backing of the club and we have every confidence....blah, blah,blah"?

This may come to light at the end of the week with STAR's meeting with the board (I believe it's this Friday).

Hopefully it outlines some of our plans for the rest of the season as well as what activity we can expect during this window as we could definitely use 2/3 players at least.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 11:11

Stranded If it is a statement to try and deflect from how bad a week the club has had then doing so before 2 massive home games is bloody stupid.

Yes, we lost on Saturday in what is becoming a fairly standard way - i.e get in the lead and chuck it away but I don't think many people were too annoyed by given we expected defeat ahead of time - a lot of people could even see shoots of improvement in the 2nd half.

If it was just deflection then what better time than after the Fulham debacle - you can argue about the wording but as said nothing in there seems to be incorrect even if some didn't need to be said but 95% of fans want him gone and he is now on his way in some way shape or form - he won't appear in our first team again - looks like Morrison/Holmes on Weds and then expect TMac and Dann to challenge - Moore is fifth choice now, so lets just get him out or leave him to train on his own. Free transfer and even pay 50% of his wages for the rest of the season if we need to - will still be a decent unexpected saving on the budget.

Pretty much agree.
On Morrison it will be a big risk starting him.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Jan 2022 11:17

Stranded If it is a statement to try and deflect from how bad a week the club has had then doing so before 2 massive home games is bloody stupid.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2022 11:32

Zip
Hendo Hopefully it is just the avatar mix-up, otherwise yeah, that's a big ol' ooof. :lol:

he had a point though tbf tbh

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2022 11:42

Zipiedoodah can post similar levels of bollox at times. But he doesn’t have my stamina and thick skin. 8)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jan 2022 11:46

Coppells Lost Coat Obviously something has blown up behind the scenes and it has probably been brewing for a long time, there could be a lot more going on and the club thought they'd get in there first before Moore spills the beans. Maybe Moore has upset so many people that the club had to essentially force him out the door. He could be the toxic person in the dressing room / training ground.

In my view, the statement is a pathetic attempt to distract us from the bigger picture and just highlights how badly we were run finacially.
Moore was offered the contract - of course he would accept it. He put his terms to the club and they offered it to him and the rest is history. So you cant throw that in his face.

Disagree. Of course you can throw that in his face if he happily accepted it and then wants to walk away from it when times get tough. Happy to have 5 years of security but only on his terms it appears.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 17 Jan 2022 11:48

Zip

Pretty much agree.
On Morrison it will be a big risk starting him.

They might give him another run-out for the U23`s today at Norwich to give him match fitness.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 11:53

Snowflake Royal Zipiedoodah can post similar levels of bollox at times. But he doesn’t have my stamina and thick skin. 8)

:lol: I’m lost for words.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 11:54

AthleticoSpizz
Zip

he had a point though tbf tbh

Haven’t you got 713 miles of driving you can get on with today?

578 posts