Hob Nob Legend

Re: Who are you local non league team?

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2022 19:30

Jeez Ian…he already knew that…just ignore

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 16 Jan 2022 22:58

AthleticoSpizz
BarryWhiteRFC So for many a year it was Morecambe, but now they find themselves sitting in the league we may be heading to, League 1! So that would make the closest non-league team to me Lancaster City. However, I do go watch Morecambe from time to time.
Tomski?

Have seen both play each other at Giant Axe

Had been known to indulge in the disaster zone that was Reading Town…..not been to ‘citeh’ yet tho’

Keep meaning to check out Crusaders

Guilty as charged. Also seen Lancaster v Morecambe at he Giant Axe. Back in the day was quite a big rivalry. Not anymore though. Like Reading v Aldershot really.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jan 2022 23:00

Snowflake Royal
Simmops
Snowflake Royal Cambridge City.

oxf*rd that shite.

They're in league 2 :lol:

You really know absolutely nothing about football. ClueLOLess :lol:

They're in the Northern Premier League Midlands Division

Cambridge Utd are in League One.

Moron.

Stop lying

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 17 Jan 2022 08:29

Woking. Been along a few times. A pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 17 Jan 2022 08:35

like a hidden family secret, i do occasionally venture over to Aldershot. Grew up in that God forsaken town so know a lot of shots fans.
The good thing is i cannot “lose” , there is a small bit of me that wants them to do okay, if only for my mates who have stuck with them through the thin and thinner, but perhaps more so enjoy watching them screw up, as they did on my last visit on Boxing Day by doing a Reading and conceding in injury time. Theirs was even funnier than normal, as it was to the new arch rivals, Woking.

royal67

by royal67 » 17 Jan 2022 08:42

Taunton Town, play in the Southern League Premier Division South. Coached by the one and only Michael Meaker........

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jan 2022 09:00

Reading Football Club needs everyone's support at this time. Look at the support Derby got on Saturday, certainly gives them an edge when it comes to close games.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jan 2022 09:03

Hendo Reading Football Club needs everyone's support at this time. Look at the support Derby got on Saturday, certainly gives them an edge when it comes to close games.

I would make the counter point that the Derby players have given the supporters something to actually support, they have put in 100% effort all season and are clawing and scratching their way to survival. I'm not sure our players have done anything to justify someone spending their hard earned money tbh.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jan 2022 09:21

NathStPaul
Hendo Reading Football Club needs everyone's support at this time. Look at the support Derby got on Saturday, certainly gives them an edge when it comes to close games.

I would make the counter point that the Derby players have given the supporters something to actually support, they have put in 100% effort all season and are clawing and scratching their way to survival. I'm not sure our players have done anything to justify someone spending their hard earned money tbh.

Both are going to feed off each other though, right? If the players see that the fans can't be bothered to turn up, they going to be less likely to put in 100% effort and just go through the motions when most of them are leaving at the end of the season, anyway.

I know we've never been a really well supported club, but I can imagine it is a bit disheartening for the players turning up and seeing only 8 or 9 thousand fans there when we're in a relegation fight.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jan 2022 09:26

Hendo
NathStPaul

Both are going to feed off each other though, right? If the players see that the fans can't be bothered to turn up, they going to be less likely to put in 100% effort and just go through the motions when most of them are leaving at the end of the season, anyway.

I know we've never been a really well supported club, but I can imagine it is a bit disheartening for the players turning up and seeing only 8 or 9 thousand fans there when we're in a relegation fight.

I think a lot of it comes down to the type of supporter we have typically, we are very much a fairweather bunch and generally have to be led by the team rather than the other way around, might also be a class thing and somewhat a geography thing. There is also a huge disconnect between our players and the club, the Liam Moore story only compounds that. I think we rightly or wrongly think the players don't care about us so in turn why should we care about them? It is a sorry state of affairs right now all round.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 17 Jan 2022 13:14

Sandhurst Town (or Bracknell Town depending whos playing as they both ground share)

Me and the boy have a season ticket down there for when RFC aren't at home

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Jan 2022 14:28

RFCMod Sandhurst Town (or Bracknell Town depending whos playing as they both ground share)

Me and the boy have a season ticket down there for when RFC aren't at home

Very impressed with the setup down there, lovely ground. Something Basingstoke and others should follow.

King Cnut

by King Cnut » 17 Jan 2022 16:55

Yeovil Town. Awful fans, fight everyone..

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 17 Jan 2022 17:05

Hungerford Town, nice little ground and good food.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Jan 2022 17:13

I live in Reading, but worked in Maidenhead for 15 years not far from Maidenhead Utd, so they're the non-league team I support.

Had a mega acca on their league, 10 matches backed £5 both teams to score and £5 all games +1.5 goals. Cashed out for £350 as there was one game where a 10 man side were holding on away against the home team with no chance of scoring. Would have won thousands if that one had come good as well.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 17 Jan 2022 17:20

Snowflake Royal
Cambridge Utd are in League One.

Moron.

I thought they were Argentinian ...oh I see sorry! :lol: