MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h)

258 posts
Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h)

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Jan 2022 17:03

This is going to keep happening until Pauno goes. Team has lost all belief that it can win. Losing is becoming a habit.
Last edited by Elm Park Kid on 22 Jan 2022 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Jan 2022 17:03

Conceded 13 in our last combined 3 home games

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 22 Jan 2022 17:03

Listening to the game, it seemed like the boys are not fit enough. Explain to me why they're not fit enough. What do they do in training??

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jan 2022 17:04

Defence pretty much to full strength, or better than, now that we don't have more.

But we concede 4 ridiculous goals.

Pauno out.

JR

by JR » 22 Jan 2022 17:06

Why don’t referees show some bottle and cut out the blatant time wasting by issuing yellow cards immediately. They were taking the piss today on about 20 occasions:

Goalkeeper moving position of ball, subs coming off running through treacle, throwers not finding the ball, throwers drying the ball, all the tricks in the book
Last edited by JR on 22 Jan 2022 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

retro royal

by retro royal » 22 Jan 2022 17:07

Pauno just has to go, why risk Joao getting injured, why was drinkwater left on, the man is clueless, just leave this club, everything that happened in America is happening again, you haven't got a clue.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jan 2022 17:07

CountryRoyal Jesus what a woeful second half. Completely devoid of anything.

Yes, this is the problem. To me it’s a lack of fitness as it’s game after game after game and that is something that comes from the training regime implemented by the management.

At least there were some positives, 2 up front from the start and looking dangerous for the first 45-60 minutes. Just a shame about the calamitous defending, nothing being learned at all there.

Be great if Carroll would re-sign and we kept 2 up front. What’s the betting it’s back to just 1 again next week?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Jan 2022 17:09

Worst defensive record in the league! Go hard Pauno, go hard!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jan 2022 17:16

NathStPaul Worst defensive record in the league! Go hard Pauno, go hard!

Almost. Peterborough are worse as they’ve conceded the same number of goals (51) but from 2 fewer games played. Cardiff are the next worst with 47 conceded.

The bottom 5 are now being cut loose from the rest of the division.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 22 Jan 2022 17:18

Better than the Luton game but do the players know the difference between 70 minutes and 90 minutes? The players don’t look fit. Pauno is oxf*rd clueless and is tactically inept. Now for the drive back to Wootton Bassett. I’d even be happy if they brought back Bowen tbh.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 22 Jan 2022 17:19

IF we can afford it (FFP etc) Pauno should go tomorrow. His substitutions are insane. Let's get someone in who has some knowledge of
the English game, and preferably knowledge of the Championship.
I don't blame the vast majority of the players, Pauno is the problem. If he stays, we are going down. If he goes, we MIGHT just stay up.
It really is as simple as that,

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Jan 2022 17:19

URZZZZ
The Green Programme If we score first, I think we win.

If we concede first, and don’t equalise very soon afterwards; I think it’s likely to be a 3 or 4 goal thrashing and the wheels will definitely fall off completely; with even more media focus on our shambolic state of affairs as a result…..

And the pressure will build even more…

Conversely, the last time we scored first and won was the 16th October. Since then, we’ve thrown a two goal lead against Blackpool, a lead against Hull, a two goal lead against Derby, a lead against Kidderminster and a lead against Middlesbrough. To have not won any game in the last 5 after taking the lead is truly dreadful

I do also see your point though about the impact of conceding first given how fragile we look. I think the recurring theme is that we’re just not very good

Six games in a row - shambles

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 22 Jan 2022 17:20

JR Why don’t referees show some bottle and cut out the blatant time wasting by issuing yellow cards immediately. They were taking the piss today on about 20 occasions:

Goalkeeper moving position of ball, subs coming off running through treacle, throwers not finding the ball, throwers drying the ball, all the tricks in the book

I don't think that's why we lost

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Jan 2022 17:21

BraisingsteakRoyal
JR Why don’t referees show some bottle and cut out the blatant time wasting by issuing yellow cards immediately. They were taking the piss today on about 20 occasions:

Yeah, it was mainly letting in four goals that did it.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jan 2022 17:25

Barney IF we can afford it (FFP etc) Pauno should go tomorrow. His substitutions are insane. Let's get someone in who has some knowledge of
I don't blame the vast majority of the players, Pauno is the problem. If he stays, we are going down. If he goes, we MIGHT just stay up.

Nevermind the championship, he looks like he doesn’t even understand the basics of the game of football.

I appreciate that we are talking about a professional involved in the sport for decades, but some of what he does and the decisions he make just make no sense. If we won because of them you’d say he was a genius, unfortunately for us and him that isn’t the case so insane is probably appropriate.

It’s one nonsensical thing after another, you’d almost think he was trolling us.

Go hard Pauno, up your own arse you twat.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jan 2022 17:28

CountryRoyal
Barney IF we can afford it (FFP etc) Pauno should go tomorrow. His substitutions are insane. Let's get someone in who has some knowledge of

Nevermind the championship, he looks like he doesn’t even understand the basics of the game of football.

I appreciate that we are talking about a professional involved in the sport for decades, but some of what he does and the decisions he make just make no sense. If we won because of them you’d say he was a genius, unfortunately for us and him that isn’t the case so insane is probably appropriate.

It’s one nonsensical thing after another, you’d almost think he was trolling us.

At least it took a season for Stam to be sussed. VP was sussed after the first 10 games of last season.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Jan 2022 17:30

Huge whopper on Radio Berkshire. Oscar can fcuk himself.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jan 2022 17:34

Sutekh
CountryRoyal

At least it took a season for Stam to be sussed. VP was sussed after the first 10 games of last season.

For the most part we didn’t even play well in those 10 games. A lot was made about how clinical we we’re and how wasteful the opposition were.

He has seldom convinced of any kind of tactical ability. Our creativity and attacking style of play has by and large relied upon individual skill, as opposed to a well thought out, trained for and executed game plan.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 22 Jan 2022 17:34

According to Ady Williams Drinkwater is on £120,000 a week, that's the most morally disgusting abhaorent thing I've heard for a very long time, fcuk football

JR

by JR » 22 Jan 2022 17:35

BraisingsteakRoyal

Didn’t say it was, but it’s nice to be able to direct some anger elsewhere sometimes :lol:

258 posts