Meite Joao Hoilett

A 5-3-2 would be:

Southwood
Holmes Morrison Dann
Yiadom Rino Laurent Rahman
Swift
Puscas Joao

happy with either of these tbh

the key though is keeping all of those players fit and playing.
do we really think if we had had those two teams fit for the last 3 months we would be where we are?

No I don't think we would, we'd still be in the bottom half but probably in and around where Swansea, Bristol City and Birmingham are now who are relatively quite safe. There is enough goals in either of those teams and enough variation and player rotation available where necessary as well, it's unfortunate to a degree that the first half of the season has hit us as badly as it has.

There will be no room for excuses really when February roles around for sure, even though there are still some flying about now which are understandable, they are becoming less and less viable by the game now. We should be in a position to start picking up results really now.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Huddersfield

by 3points » 24 Jan 2022 15:49

when we first lined up as a 3-5-2 on Saturday (or 5-3-2, whichever way you want to look at it), the issue we had was in midfield, very clearly. Rahman and Yiadom were playing high and wide. Then Swift also played just behind the front two. This meant we only had DD and Rino in midfield. As already stated elesewhere, DD's legs have gone plus his heart isn't in it. This left us with Rino, who spent most of his time covering Yiadom. Huddersfield then just moved the ball across the pitch, dragged Laurent out from Left CB and carved their way through our midfield and defence at will.

Ultimately we lacked numbers in there. If you played Laurent, Rino and then either TDB or Ejaria in the Swift role, then we'd have much more energy and defensive cover for the back four. Swift has 11 assists (I think) but with him in a 3 in midfield, means we're often one short when opposition teams break. We're very poor in defensive transition at the moment (not helped by the likes of Swift and DD constantly given the ball away)

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Huddersfield

by skipper » 26 Jan 2022 12:41

Snowflake Royal We're all voting Carroll goal of the season for that chest and volley though, right?

I don't gaf it was offside.

I am. We should definitely do this.