Karl Hein -Confirmed

127 posts
hughsies no.1

Re: Karl Hein -Confirmed

by hughsies no.1 » 25 Jan 2022 10:59

Hein will be our number one.

Pauno frustrated with mistakes being made by Southwood and wanted a replacement or competition which will help up Southwood's game, Rafael was always leaving in January.

As already mentioned, Arsenal only letting him go for guarantee of first team football.

From my POV, would have preferred an experienced keeper but wouldn't care if we put Kingsley in goal if we stay up. It is imperative for the future of this football club to stay in the Championship - if that means an academy lad (who has been given a chance) being dropped to the bench so be it. I know Hein is very well thought of so lets get behind the lad. Interesting to see if he goes straight in at weekend.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Jan 2022 11:22

hughsies no.1 Hein will be our number one.

Pauno frustrated with mistakes being made by Southwood and wanted a replacement or competition which will help up Southwood's game, Rafael was always leaving in January.

As already mentioned, Arsenal only letting him go for guarantee of first team football.

From my POV, would have preferred an experienced keeper but wouldn't care if we put Kingsley in goal if we stay up. It is imperative for the future of this football club to stay in the Championship - if that means an academy lad (who has been given a chance) being dropped to the bench so be it. I know Hein is very well thought of so lets get behind the lad. Interesting to see if he goes straight in at weekend.

+1. Southwood has had a good run of games. It will stand him in good stead. Overall he had done well but a break from the side may not be a bad thing given how much pressure he is coming under in every game.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 25 Jan 2022 11:29

Unbelievable call by the club to bring in a keeper on loan.... Southwood grabbed his chance to play when Rafael was injured and has performed well in a very poor team. The lad has had more to do than most keepers have to do in a whole season,. Keeping mistakes happen but are always highlighted more than poor performances on the pitch, and we have had many of these this season.
Last edited by The Real Sandhurst Royal on 25 Jan 2022 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2022 11:37

he's done ok. 3 massive errors in 3 very impt games though have cost us arguably 6 points which we badly needed. Esp the Derby game, which was horrendous.

Mitigating circumstances of course, but I'm not sure he can complain too much about being dropped if thats what happens

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Jan 2022 11:50

Hound he's done ok. 3 massive errors in 3 very impt games though have cost us arguably 6 points which we badly needed. Esp the Derby game, which was horrendous.

Mitigating circumstances of course, but I'm not sure he can complain too much about being dropped if thats what happens

Would agree if it were an experienced keeper coming in on loan. I think being dropped for an inexperienced 19 year old with no first team appearances would be a bit of a slap in the face for him tbh.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2022 11:55

NathStPaul
Hound he's done ok. 3 massive errors in 3 very impt games though have cost us arguably 6 points which we badly needed. Esp the Derby game, which was horrendous.

Would agree if it were an experienced keeper coming in on loan. I think being dropped for an inexperienced 19 year old with no first team appearances would be a bit of a slap in the face for him tbh.

well yeah. Hein certainly wouldnt be my choice of replacement

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Jan 2022 12:03

Hein is fine. Hein with shine. Hein will make saves on the line.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 25 Jan 2022 12:34

Hound
JR
Coppells Lost Coat
I bet Southwood has had to deal with a significantly more shots than any other keeper in the league. Significantly more looping crosses. Plus we put 10 men up against him for corners / freekicks on top of what ever the opposition throw in too. He has become a target for the opposition.
Yes a few costly mistakes but probably saved more than he should have.

I was having this conversation during the game on Saturday. For the life of me I don’t understand coaches whose tactic is to put all 11 players in the box. No outlet, an invitation for oppo to load the box and just excessive pressure on the keeper.

Does anyone with coaching experience have an explanation why it is preferable?

Absolutely no idea why we do it and don’t think I’ve seen it anywhere else either. It’s a crap idea

Yep, find it utterly bizarre. Seems totally self-defeating. Must admit I've never really noticed other teams doing it before, but on Saturday Villa did exactly the same thing in their lunchtime game against Everton.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jan 2022 13:21

hughsies no.1 Hein will be our number one.

Yeah, we'll we're all frustrated with the far more numerous mistakes you're making Pauno, but sadly Dai won't do anything to replace you

Scapegoating pcunt.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 25 Jan 2022 13:31

Whore Jackie
Hound
JR
I was having this conversation during the game on Saturday. For the life of me I don’t understand coaches whose tactic is to put all 11 players in the box. No outlet, an invitation for oppo to load the box and just excessive pressure on the keeper.

Does anyone with coaching experience have an explanation why it is preferable?

Absolutely no idea why we do it and don’t think I’ve seen it anywhere else either. It’s a crap idea

Yep, find it utterly bizarre. Seems totally self-defeating. Must admit I've never really noticed other teams doing it before, but on Saturday Villa did exactly the same thing in their lunchtime game against Everton.

Thinking of it - I doubt its managers singling out Southwood as the weak link on set pieces. They probably will see the set up as the catalyst. Zero outlet and we pin ourselves back against the wall. Inviting another looping ball into the box, we are literally asking for carnage.
I would guarantee that if we send 2 players up towards the halfway line the opposition would have to react to the change, which would free up a lot of space for a clean catch and the potential of a quick counter. Not have to wait 15 seconds for everyone to get into a position from a playbook.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Jan 2022 11:33

Given the Reading social media team have been ramming this guy down our throats all week, I'd say he's a shoe in to start on Sat, which is really shit for Southwood.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Jan 2022 11:39

Pepe the Horseman Given the Reading social media team have been ramming this guy down our throats all week, I'd say he's a shoe in to start on Sat, which is really shit for Southwood.

Well I would suggest Arsenal didn`t send him here to sit on the bench.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Jan 2022 11:43

Pepe the Horseman Given the Reading social media team have been ramming this guy down our throats all week, I'd say he's a shoe in to start on Sat, which is really shit for Southwood.

Yeah it would indicate he is going to start, they have been relentless.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Jan 2022 11:43

windermereROYAL

Well they didn't even acknowledge him leaving last time I looked.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Jan 2022 12:21

Winston Biscuit anyone described him as 'hungry' or 'raw' yet?

I think he could do well when he 'gels' with the rest of the team.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jan 2022 13:01

windermereROYAL

Same could be said for Everton and Virginia. Saints and Sims, Chelsea and Miazga (second season?) Etc etc.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Jan 2022 18:52

Apparently, Kia's surname means Sock Seller or something like that :lol:

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 28 Jan 2022 11:45

Convinced he will be #1 but I don't believe he will be going straight in on Saturday. He will play the friendly vs Arsenal first.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Jan 2022 15:06

Millsy Apparently, Kia's surname means Sock Seller or something like that :lol:

Would be appropriate if you needed a pair of gloves.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 28 Jan 2022 16:04

The most pointless signing ever, and when we need a decent centre back more than anything atm. Who the feck is making the decisions at this club?

127 posts