Next Reading Manager

969 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Next Reading Manager

by From Despair To Where? » 28 May 2022 16:17

Zip
From Despair To Where? Bloody hell, the Parky Out thread on the Wrexham forum has hit 6 pages in 15 minutes and the only pro Parky poster is pleading with the owners to fund the signing of 6 players in the summer.

Yep. I really don’t blame them. To have the likes of Mullen, Tozer, O’Connor and Palmer in the side alongside a group that only just missed out on the play offs last time around and not go up is failure. It’s not as if Parky plays easy in the eye football either.

Didn't realise that the Mullen was Paul Mullen who absolutely tore up League 2 with Cambridge last year. What on earth tempted him to take a step down rather than up, he asked rhetorically.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 May 2022 16:22

Phil Parkinson has taken what I assume to be the largest budget team in the National League by quite a margin to 2nd place and a play-off semi-final defeat.

Hopefully that shuts up the few people, including a very racist individual clamouring for him to come here.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 May 2022 16:30

They lost a cup final last week as well.

Reminds me a bit of Derby, found some form playing catch up bit bottled it big time when the pressure was on.

Anyway, Parky was never in contention for the job here so lets draw a line.....

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 May 2022 17:03

From Despair To Where?
Zip
From Despair To Where? Bloody hell, the Parky Out thread on the Wrexham forum has hit 6 pages in 15 minutes and the only pro Parky poster is pleading with the owners to fund the signing of 6 players in the summer.

Yep. I really don’t blame them. To have the likes of Mullen, Tozer, O’Connor and Palmer in the side alongside a group that only just missed out on the play offs last time around and not go up is failure. It’s not as if Parky plays easy in the eye football either.

Didn't realise that the Mullen was Paul Mullen who absolutely tore up League 2 with Cambridge last year. What on earth tempted him to take a step down rather than up, he asked rhetorically.

Yep in £300,000 a year apparently. Ben Tozer lead Cheltenham to the League Two title

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 May 2022 17:10

tidus_mi2 Phil Parkinson has taken what I assume to be the largest budget team in the National League by quite a margin to 2nd place and a play-off semi-final defeat.

Hopefully that shuts up the few people, including a very racist individual clamouring for him to come here.

Didn't the two biggest budget clubs come first and second?
A bit like The Championship?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 May 2022 17:21

South Coast Royal
tidus_mi2 Phil Parkinson has taken what I assume to be the largest budget team in the National League by quite a margin to 2nd place and a play-off semi-final defeat.

Didn't the two biggest budget clubs come first and second?
A bit like The Championship?

Yep. Stockport spent a fair bit too

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 May 2022 18:36

£

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 29 May 2022 11:11

I wouldn’t want Parky as manager but to be fair to him the National League is really tough. I had underestimated it but having seen Chesterfield a few times this season there are some decent teams who get big support.

With only one automatic promotion place up for grabs it’s far from easy. Tbh it’s about time they had 3 up and 3 down, plus 4 teams playing for one playoff place. Chesterfield took over 2,500 fans to Halifax last Tuesday night and the tickets sold out in a few hours. It’s criminal that the playoff final is at West Ham it should be somewhere like Villa Park. All the playoff teams were midlands and above.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 May 2022 12:19

blythspartan

I wouldn’t want Parky as manager but to be fair to him the National League is really tough. I had underestimated it but having seen Chesterfield a few times this season there are some decent teams who get big support.

With only one automatic promotion place up for grabs it’s far from easy. Tbh it’s about time they had 3 up and 3 down, plus 4 teams playing for one playoff place. Chesterfield took over 2,500 fans to Halifax last Tuesday night and the tickets sold out in a few hours. It’s criminal that the playoff final is at West Ham it should be somewhere like Villa Park. All the playoff teams were midlands and above.

And the National League Crystal Ball was clearly inoperative when the stadium choice was made, assuming it was at the start of the season

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 29 May 2022 12:40

Franchise FC
blythspartan

And the National League Crystal Ball was clearly inoperative when the stadium choice was made, assuming it was at the start of the season

The teams appealed so you’d think they could be more flexible. Apparently, Villa have offered to stage it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 May 2022 13:06

You can’t just set up the venue a couple weeks in advance.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 May 2022 13:41

Snowflake Royal You can’t just set up the venue a couple weeks in advance.

Well they moved the Champions League final at short notice….

….ok, I see your point

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 29 May 2022 18:58

I predict Bowen as manager in September when we lose our first 8 games of the season under Ince

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 May 2022 20:40

I predict if we win 6 games in a row, you won't make a single post in that time.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 29 May 2022 21:08

blythspartan

Easily, I'd even go and say 4 teams up and down (obviously would have to go for 3 first) between the divisions. Not enough clubs get enough of a chance at the FL I'd say who would probably make for a more interesting spectacle than some of the dross that have clogged the league up for years.

I follow Morecambe a little bit due to some history in our family. They regularly used to finish 20th (in and around) in League Two and the narrative seemed to be they'd only ever stay up because 1 promoted team would usually be worse and a couple of other clubs below them would be struggling financially. Me and my brother said that, if Morecambe were relegated from League Two, they wouldn't come back up just like some others haven't (Barnet, Dag & Red, Yeovil, Torquay) for a number of years. This was going back a couple of seasons now though, obviously before they were promoted to L1 ironically.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 May 2022 21:52

Royal_jimmy I predict Bowen as manager in September when we lose our first 8 games of the season under Ince

Why do you want u to go down jimmy?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 May 2022 21:58

Royal Jimmy is the bastion of fun here

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 29 May 2022 22:16

AthleticoSpizz Royal Jimmy is the bastion of fun here

Never see him and Ian in the same room together :shock:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 May 2022 22:21

Would love to be on that ‘Suicidal Sid’ watch

(Viz)

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 May 2022 09:06

From Despair To Where? I predict if we win 6 games in a row, you won't make a single post in that time.

Along with Jacksons Corner.

969 posts