by Winston Biscuit » 19 Feb 2022 18:54

Buckle up lads

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Ince IN

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Feb 2022 18:55

windermereROYAL
Zip
CountryRoyal He hasn't managed a club for the best part of a decade. We are hilarious. Still though, just needed Pauno out. The players are capable of picking up results if they want to.

I just hope we don't avoid relegation and then Dai rewards him with a contract because it will be the same shit all over again.

He is a client of Kia’s. This man is a scourge of our football club.

How do you know ?

Confirmed to be bollocks.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Feb 2022 19:33

Vision
Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99 He comes in as an interim, which I hope that is how it stays and we appoint a proper manager. Having said that, if he can deliver what we need between now and the end of the season, I'll be happy enough with that.

You've got think Warnock would do it for us?

The statement makes it sound like they want the permanent appointment to be one who will lead the rebuild in the summer, whichever division we are in. Based on that I expect Ince to be around for 2 or 3 games minimum. Prob til after the Millwall game.

Time will tell of course but I'd read the fact Pauno was kept on for so long and we've now appointed Ince as interim is that whoever they might have in mind , they can't get this season for whatever reason.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ince is in until the end of the season.

Maybe and we'll see.

It's a new voice with experience, admittedly some time ago, working with a club legend. It could be a masterstroke or a disaster.

My guess, if ends up being here til the summer he'll have done well enough to be here next year too.

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 19 Feb 2022 19:45

Hendo
Marcus Crassus
windermereROYAL
Does it matter?

When you look at the league table, and factor in the risk, I'd say it's more than just slightly important.

When loads of people wanted Gilkes in, who’s last 1st team managerial appointment was *checks notes* Basingstoke in 2016, when he was dreadful, I’d say it doesn’t matter too much.

So that's the case for the defence. Ince hasn't manged in nearly decade but some wanted Gilkes to take over. Right ho.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Feb 2022 19:58

We can hope that neither end up in charge for too long, although I do hope they can both prove me wrong and ultimately see us survive.

Having a look at the odds, I think most managers that we are linked with are currently without clubs so I don't really see why/where the issue would be in bringing someone in other than wage demands.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 19 Feb 2022 20:30

windermereROYAL
Zip
CountryRoyal He hasn't managed a club for the best part of a decade. We are hilarious. Still though, just needed Pauno out. The players are capable of picking up results if they want to.

I just hope we don't avoid relegation and then Dai rewards him with a contract because it will be the same shit all over again.

How do you know ?

Huang Kad told him.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Feb 2022 20:33

Zip, you really need to stop listening to bollocks on Twitter.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Feb 2022 20:44

Orion1871
windermereROYAL
Zip

How do you know ?

Huang Kad told him.

Yeah so he had a made up name and pretend lingo but you still haven’t managed to explain how he knew so much about the club before the rest of us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Feb 2022 20:44

tidus_mi2 Zip, you really need to stop listening to bollocks on Twitter.

I will read whatever I want. Ta.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 19 Feb 2022 20:51

Morrison in dressing room after the game: ‘I’ve just had a call from the club owners and they’re asking if the players have any ideas who could come in as manager at short notice.’

Tom Ince: ‘I could always give my dad a call.’

Morrison: ‘OK go for it.’

Ten minutes later.

Tom Ince: ‘He says he’s just watching the Man City/Spurs game on Sky but after that he’s at a bit of a loose end so yeah, he’ll do it.’

Morrison: ‘Brill, i’ll tell the owners to put out a press release.’

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Feb 2022 20:59

Norfolk Royal Morrison in dressing room after the game: ‘I’ve just had a call from the club owners and they’re asking if the players have any ideas who could come in as manager at short notice.’

Tom Ince: ‘I could always give my dad a call.’

Morrison: ‘OK go for it.’

Ten minutes later.

Tom Ince: ‘He says he’s just watching the Man City/Spurs game on Sky but after that he’s at a bit of a loose end so yeah, he’ll do it.’

Morrison: ‘Brill, i’ll tell the owners to put out a press release.’

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Feb 2022 21:02

Suck it up Jimmy :lol:

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 19 Feb 2022 21:18

Zip
Orion1871
windermereROYAL
How do you know ?

Huang Kad told him.

Yeah so he had a made up name and pretend lingo but you still haven’t managed to explain how he knew so much about the club before the rest of us.

Well assuming he's not actually you, which is distinctly possible given how stupid you've been willing to make yourself look over this. He copied it from other itk accounts around at the time and this being the Internet, used Google to search Thai news outlets.

You know, actual Thai news outlets. Not the "Sports Desk at Bangkok News" because Bangkok News doesn't exist and if they did I find it very unlikely they'd have a guy whose only job is to solely cover Reading FC.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Feb 2022 21:24

Orion1871
Zip
Orion1871
Huang Kad told him.

Well assuming he's not actually you, which is distinctly possible given how stupid you've been willing to make yourself look over this. He copied it from other itk accounts around at the time and this being the Internet, used Google to search Thai news outlets.

You know, actual Thai news outlets. Not the "Sports Desk at Bangkok News" because Bangkok News doesn't exist and if they did I find it very unlikely they'd have a guy whose only job is to solely cover Reading FC.

:roll: Obviously it’s not me you fool. How do you know he copied it from other itk accounts? Utter bollocks and yeah I appreciate the username, Bangkok News stuff is nonsense but the posts on that twitter feed are often well in advance of what actually then took place and were certainly not on other feeds at the time.

No one was talking about Reid leaving or our new sponsors or Stam joining weeks in advance of it taking place. That’s why despite the comedy bullshit on there it’s odd how much of it came true.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Feb 2022 09:49

To mince, or not to mince?

That is the question.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 20 Feb 2022 11:13

As an interim appointment I have no problem with this. I am just glad that Pauno is gone. He came across as a decent man but I don’t get the sympathy for him. He was well paid to manage the club under difficult circumstances but he looked out of his depth at times. Maybe history will show him in a more favourable light.

I am glad I don’t have to miss any home games now and just maybe we have a chance of avoiding the drop. Gilkes and Ince’s Blue and White Army!!!!!!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Aug 2022 22:54

Ince IN

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Aug 2022 21:51

Ince IN btw

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 23 Aug 2022 11:03

It occurs to me that it's almost not in Pince's interest to do well early season. It just raises the expectations of fans, who will then react with the usual toddler temper tantrums when we have a poor run.

Think about it - if we're 16th at Christmas and finished 11th then everyone on here will be happy and saying how Pince is the right manager.

But if we're 6th at Christmas and finish 11th then you'll get the usual suspects saying things like: "The squad is clearly good enough, Ince just isn't the right man to take us forward. Time for a change".

I'm stating here from the outset - Anything that isn't a relegation battle this season will prove that Ince is a decent manager who knows what he's doing.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 23 Aug 2022 14:37

Elm Park Kid It occurs to me that it's almost not in Pince's interest to do well early season. It just raises the expectations of fans, who will then react with the usual toddler temper tantrums when we have a poor run.

Think about it - if we're 16th at Christmas and finished 11th then everyone on here will be happy and saying how Pince is the right manager.

But if we're 6th at Christmas and finish 11th then you'll get the usual suspects saying things like: "The squad is clearly good enough, Ince just isn't the right man to take us forward. Time for a change".

I'm stating here from the outset - Anything that isn't a relegation battle this season will prove that Ince is a decent manager who knows what he's doing.

Imo, he's the right manager at the right time. We need the old siege mentality and that's what he's giving us. Long term though, not for me. Like to see an up and coming British manager like Ainsworth given a go once the restrictions are removed from the club's coffers.