Ince out!

1204 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ince out!

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Apr 2023 21:07

AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz lol, like he had soooo many ‘good options’ to pick from?

Enough.
who?

Hmmm, let me think, who else could he have put in his starting XI...

It's tricky... I may need to take some time.

Joao and Azeez. :roll:

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 01 Apr 2023 21:26

Snowflake Royal
hughsies no.1 You will do well to find a Reading fan that wants Ince in charge next season regardless of whatever division we are in.

But, he has been set a job to keep us up - which he would have comfortably done aside from this pending points deduction.

He isn’t going to go before the end of the season, the players are clearly playing for him still based on today.

The chants aimed at him from the away were so embarrassing and soon quietened down after we equalised after the subs were made where he was told he doesn’t know what he’s doing. To add to that, the ‘we want our club back’ chants were equally embarrassing (mainly because they were sung a by load of kids in fake stone island gear filming each other on Snapchat singing it)…

Players, staff, fans all need to stick together to stay - yes the football is turgid, but there’s no other way because he ain’t going anywhere until end of season AND has done what’s been asked of him since he’s been in charge (as hard as it is to admit for some)

I want my club back. This twisted half corpse isn’t the club I fell in love with.

What does that even mean though? What is having your club back entail?

Of course everyone would love the Madejski ownership model back, but as he said numerous times financially that isn’t viable. We have a super wealthy owner who has splashed the cash to try and get us up and has been very poorly advised which has resulted in the sanctions. He’s spent money on the infrastructure of the club with the training ground, women’s team and academy - he’s clearly invested.

So aside from results on the pitch which were always going to be a struggle with the points reduction and embargo, it looks like with Bowen we are trying to sort ourselves out (yes we need a detailed explanation as to what the incoming deduction is for), what is it you and the ‘Snapchat stone island kids’ in the away end today mean?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Apr 2023 21:34

@Ian

Yes, right…easy in retrospect.

That’ll be (on at least one case) the “lazy uninterested player on his way out the door” player.

Yes right…easy in retrospect of him (correctly being brought on by our manager) and having scored a goal (delighted for him) to say.

Guess there’s no credit where due from you today Ian?

Some here seem to live in a parallel universe to our actual squad reality and availability right now. (Check out our bench)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Apr 2023 21:49

(Oh, and , no need for your :roll: inclusion) totally needless, but totally ‘Ian’

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Apr 2023 23:26

AthleticoSpizz (Oh, and , no need for your :roll: inclusion) totally needless, but totally ‘Ian’

Well the answer was literally in one of my earlier posts.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Apr 2023 23:31

hughsies no.1
Snowflake Royal
hughsies no.1 You will do well to find a Reading fan that wants Ince in charge next season regardless of whatever division we are in.

But, he has been set a job to keep us up - which he would have comfortably done aside from this pending points deduction.

He isn’t going to go before the end of the season, the players are clearly playing for him still based on today.

The chants aimed at him from the away were so embarrassing and soon quietened down after we equalised after the subs were made where he was told he doesn’t know what he’s doing. To add to that, the ‘we want our club back’ chants were equally embarrassing (mainly because they were sung a by load of kids in fake stone island gear filming each other on Snapchat singing it)…

Players, staff, fans all need to stick together to stay - yes the football is turgid, but there’s no other way because he ain’t going anywhere until end of season AND has done what’s been asked of him since he’s been in charge (as hard as it is to admit for some)

I want my club back. This twisted half corpse isn’t the club I fell in love with.

Of course everyone would love the Madejski ownership model back, but as he said numerous times financially that isn’t viable. We have a super wealthy owner who has splashed the cash to try and get us up and has been very poorly advised which has resulted in the sanctions. He’s spent money on the infrastructure of the club with the training ground, women’s team and academy - he’s clearly invested.

So aside from results on the pitch which were always going to be a struggle with the points reduction and embargo, it looks like with Bowen we are trying to sort ourselves out (yes we need a detailed explanation as to what the incoming deduction is for), what is it you and the ‘Snapchat stone island kids’ in the away end today mean?

Let's start with being run sensibly, in a moderately sustainable model, trying to build success brick by brick. Taking promising players and building them up. Selling good players at a premium to sustain it. Not spunking untold millions on failures and losers. And playing dreadful football never learning any lessons.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Apr 2023 23:34

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz (Oh, and , no need for your :roll: inclusion) totally needless, but totally ‘Ian’

sorry mate, some of us have lives outside of this portal, I must have missed it.

Rein in your small-man angst my friend, it really isn’t needed amongst ‘friends’

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Apr 2023 23:36

AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal

sorry mate, some of us have lives outside of this portal, I must have missed it.

Rein in your small-man angst my friend, it really isn’t needed amongst ‘friends’

You should probably read the posts you quote during a conversation.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 01 Apr 2023 23:44

Ince out

But as has been said he isn’t going until summer so it’s all irrelevant

Looking at the table it’s three from seven it looks like.

Wigan and Hudds winning is a pain in the proverbial but at least we got a point.

Plenty twists and turns ahead but despite their win Wigan are five off safety six with their GD quite a tall order.

Blackpool four a drift with a bad GD and showing nothing so maybe (Crystal ball stuff) those two maybe will struggle to survive

So maybe it’s one from five

Rotherham
Huddersfield
Cardiff
Us
Fakes

A battle that will go down to the wire I really really don’t like our run in, Brum is a huge game, can’t see us getting anything from PNE, Burnley, Luton or Coventry

Wigan home is huge then the ‘joy’ of ending away to Hudds

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Apr 2023 23:45

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal Well the answer was literally in one of my earlier posts.

yes, you are right, I should spend more time analysing everything here, sadly, I don’t have that time.

Anyway, with what’s left of our ‘walking and talking’ squad, what should Ince do next….in your ‘opinion’?

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 02 Apr 2023 02:36

AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz sorry mate, some of us have lives outside of this portal, I must have missed it.

yes, you are right, I should spend more time analysing everything here, sadly, I don’t have that time.

Anyway, with what’s left of our ‘walking and talking’ squad, what should Ince do next….in your ‘opinion’?

Agree to a certain extent Spizz, his hands are tied!! however, we've lost our safety net with this 6 point deduction and at some stage he will have to chase some points and the 5-3-2 borefest just isn't working right now and we are slowly running out of players to suit this system.

At the moment we are sleep walking our way to relegation...something needs to be changed, even if it is just to catch our opponents off guard.

We do have just enough players to be played in their preferred positions in either a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and at lease take the game to both Brum and Preston whilst Loum and Ince are absent.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 02 Apr 2023 07:23

Snowflake Royal
hughsies no.1
Snowflake Royal I want my club back. This twisted half corpse isn’t the club I fell in love with.

Let's start with being run sensibly, in a moderately sustainable model, trying to build success brick by brick. Taking promising players and building them up. Selling good players at a premium to sustain it. Not spunking untold millions on failures and losers. And playing dreadful football never learning any lessons.

Everyone wants that, it’s just stating the bl00dy obvious. But you know the position we are in as a club, the club has acknowledged it needs a reset which Bowen has said numerous times this season and whilst we are in this embargo you know none of the above is happening imminently - so chanting ‘we want our club back’ is pointless until something can actually be done about it.

Some of our fanbase honestly :roll:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Apr 2023 09:54

Crowbar6753
AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal You should probably read the posts you quote during a conversation.

Agree to a certain extent Spizz, his hands are tied!! however, we've lost our safety net with this 6 point deduction and at some stage he will have to chase some points and the 5-3-2 borefest just isn't working right now and we are slowly running out of players to suit this system.

At the moment we are sleep walking our way to relegation...something needs to be changed, even if it is just to catch our opponents off guard.

We do have just enough players to be played in their preferred positions in either a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and at lease take the game to both Brum and Preston whilst Loum and Ince are absent.
yup, cannot disagree with that, he switched to 4-4-2 and hey-presto, hopefully there were some lessons learnt.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2023 12:02

hughsies no.1
Snowflake Royal
hughsies no.1

Everyone wants that, it’s just stating the bl00dy obvious. But you know the position we are in as a club, the club has acknowledged it needs a reset which Bowen has said numerous times this season and whilst we are in this embargo you know none of the above is happening imminently - so chanting ‘we want our club back’ is pointless until something can actually be done about it.

Some of our fanbase honestly :roll:

I agree. Lots are happy to passively sit by and excuse the inexcusable year on year

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Apr 2023 12:09

Snowflake Royal
hughsies no.1
Snowflake Royal I want my club back. This twisted half corpse isn’t the club I fell in love with.

There is a sense of irony that through all the unnecessary money we’ve wasted on signings through the years, you have three defenders in Osho (regular for 4th place Luton), Cooper (regular for 5th place Millwall) and Hyam (regular for 6th place Blackburn) that have all come and gone through the club. In that period, we’ve wasted time and resources on the likes of R.Oxford, Ilori, Miazga (second spell), O’Shea, Elphick, Dann, an injury prone Moore, Hutchinson, even Sarr and they just haven’t provided enough value for money. Magnifies how poorly we’ve been run

Would say though that on the other side of the argument, we’ve persevered with Holmes and McIntyre for a period of time now and we’re not quite reaping the benefits. Our goals conceded has been alarming for two seasons now and they’ve both been a mainstay during that period so whilst there’s a lesson learnt to be better and more resourceful in terms of how the club is run and how it operates in the market, the argument of building players up does work both ways.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2023 12:16

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
hughsies no.1

There is a sense of irony that through all the unnecessary money we’ve wasted on signings through the years, you have three defenders in Osho (regular for 4th place Luton), Cooper (regular for 5th place Millwall) and Hyam (regular for 6th place Blackburn) that have all come and gone through the club. In that period, we’ve wasted time and resources on the likes of R.Oxford, Ilori, Miazga (second spell), O’Shea, Elphick, Dann, an injury prone Moore, Hutchinson, even Sarr and they just haven’t provided enough value for money. Magnifies how poorly we’ve been run

Would say though that on the other side of the argument, we’ve persevered with Holmes and McIntyre for a period of time now and we’re not quite reaping the benefits. Our goals conceded has been alarming for two seasons now and they’ve both been a mainstay during that period so whilst there’s a lesson learnt to be better and more resourceful in terms of how the club is run and how it operates in the market, the argument of building players up does work both ways.

Individually Holmes and McIntyre are firmly good enough imo. Pre injury Holmes was our standout defender.

The problem is we constantly have a team of individuals weaker than the sum of their parts, not a cohesive whole stronger than the sum of its parts.

Add that to a constantly poor performing midfield that gets run through at ease and an opposition that doesn’t have to fear conceding and you've a recipie for goals against galore. Our keepers haven’t been great for the last couple of seasons either.

It's why its so frustrating watching Ince make the same mistakes time and again. Its just slow immobile slightly awkward CB after slow immobile slightly awkward CB.

You need to blend pace, experience, strength, height and smarts. We don't.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 02 Apr 2023 13:05

Ince's subs won us a point yesterday.

João must start v Brum

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 02 Apr 2023 13:19

Royal_jimmy Ince's subs won us a point yesterday.

João must start v Brum

to be honest he didn't really any choice but to get to 4 4 2. What yesterdays subs said is that Ince doesn't trust NGW in a defensive role, and if Mbengue is injured then I can see Ince starting 5 3 2 on Friday again

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 02 Apr 2023 13:51

Snowflake Royal
hughsies no.1

Let's start with being run sensibly, in a moderately sustainable model, trying to build success brick by brick. Taking promising players and building them up. Selling good players at a premium to sustain it. Not spunking untold millions on foreign failures and losers. And playing dreadful football never learning any lessons.

Corrected for you.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 02 Apr 2023 13:56

Royal_jimmy Ince's subs won us a point yesterday.

João must start v Brum

No, he has done FA to deserve a start, he has got ability but is far too lazy, get rid asap.

1204 posts