Ince out!

1204 posts
One8Seven1*

Re: Ince out!

by One8Seven1* » 16 Mar 2023 11:44

paultheroyal If Ince goes, you will be getting Bowen and Hunt - happy with that? Take Mcdermott? That will be the options.

Would love McDermott back. He's exactly what we need to start a new project and rebuild the playing staff and bring on the kids.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Mar 2023 11:44

morganb
Snowflake Royal
Vision
We can't have it both ways though. We criticise him for negativity (rightly in a lot of cases) so we can't very well complain when he makes like for like changes in a game which either side has had chances to win. And he showed some faith in the Academy players on the bench which hasn't always been the case.

No way to know for sure of course but if we'd played for a draw I'm not convinced we'd have held out but I am sure we definitely wouldn't have won. His changes gave us the best chance of winning the game and I'm ok with that.

Yeah this.

People have been crying out for a more attacking display. You can't then throw your toys when it doesn’t come off.

I was just suggesting that there is a time and a place for an attacking display. Perhaps if he was convinced we could win then they were the right changes to make but were you mainly thinking "we're going to score in a minute" rather than "we're going to concede in a minute"?

We were behind from early on, we had just equalised, we had been very lucky that Rovers hadn't scored, there was only 20 minutes left. That is the time when a manager might just think perhaps now is the time we should try to hold on to a point. They should be able to read what is in front of them and adapt accordingly, not have a rigid game plan. People were rightly "throwing their toys" when he tried to do it from minute one but they should be more understanding given the situation in each individual match.

Blackburn are always there for the taking with a soft underbelly.

Going defensive removes our threat and lets them go even more gung ho, piling on pressure. When we scored, I was absolutely thinking we could get a second.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 16 Mar 2023 11:48

morganb
Snowflake Royal
Vision
We can't have it both ways though. We criticise him for negativity (rightly in a lot of cases) so we can't very well complain when he makes like for like changes in a game which either side has had chances to win. And he showed some faith in the Academy players on the bench which hasn't always been the case.

No way to know for sure of course but if we'd played for a draw I'm not convinced we'd have held out but I am sure we definitely wouldn't have won. His changes gave us the best chance of winning the game and I'm ok with that.

Yeah this.

People have been crying out for a more attacking display. You can't then throw your toys when it doesn’t come off.

I was just suggesting that there is a time and a place for an attacking display. Perhaps if he was convinced we could win then they were the right changes to make but were you mainly thinking "we're going to score in a minute" rather than "we're going to concede in a minute"?

We were behind from early on, we had just equalised, we had been very lucky that Rovers hadn't scored, there was only 20 minutes left. That is the time when a manager might just think perhaps now is the time we should try to hold on to a point. They should be able to read what is in front of them and adapt accordingly, not have a rigid game plan. People were rightly "throwing their toys" when he tried to do it from minute one but they should be more understanding given the situation in each individual match.

But that's the point in changes. We had got through a tough spell where they could/should have scored on different occasions, we got our goal and then the momentum shifts in a game, so I don't see why we shouldn't have made the changes to go and try and win the game.

In our position, I don't mind the tactic of, stay in the game for as long as possible and then try and break out and get something from the game/win, especially away from home against a side that is clearly better than us.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Mar 2023 15:49

He’s really not helping himself again!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Mar 2023 18:35

Out

fred sharpes nose

by fred sharpes nose » 18 Mar 2023 18:50

Thats it for me.

Was Ince Out at end of season for keeping us up - nice bonus, big thanks, and off you go back to the golf course.

Now - Ince Out Now

I don't like Ince
I don't like his attitude
I don't like his lack of experience
I don't like his minimal track record
I don't like his initial apparent get at em lads then a steady decline - here and elsewhere
I don't like his constant excuses - fitness, dregs quality, tiredness, every else is spending billlions blah blah
I don't like his paternal favouritism
I don't like his tactical ineptitude
I don't like his woeful team selections
I don't like his minimal positive impact substituions - the few good ones have been forced by injury
I don't like his reliance on age and reluctance on youth
I don't like his apparent lack of ability to drill and coach a team on the training ground
I don't like his press interviews - especially today
I don't like his inability to to take any personal responsibility
I don't like his total lack of style and class - I'm not a fan of arrogant thugs
I don't like him being manager of my club

If he said............

"Yeah Tim, its not good , I'm doing my best but I've been out of the game for a long time, and I'm a bit rusty. I'm the boss and the buck stops with me. We got a decent squad in the circumtances, but I'm not managing to get the best of of the group and thats on me. I'm working as hard as I can, and there is a lot of pressure on me as you'd expect - I'm finding it a tough gig but I guarantee I am putting in 100% 24/7 to turn things around and get us over the line."

Maybe I would cut him some slack ................. but he won't

I feel better for writing this - after todays game/interview. Don't really care if anyone agrees or disagrees - but its good therapy for me

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 18 Mar 2023 20:01

Yup I feel the same. Was in the “keep until the summer” camp, but no he’s falling into the Paunovic bucket of simply must go.

The post-Match interviews are dreadful and shows his lack of responsibility.

Ince Out

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Mar 2023 20:43

Notts Royal Yup I feel the same. Was in the “keep until the summer” camp, but no he’s falling into the Paunovic bucket of simply must go.

The post-Match interviews are dreadful and shows his lack of responsibility.

Ince Out
shows a passion and ‘pissed-off’edness with our return to the injury crisis and people like you.

(a little bit bit itk via a relative who works and ‘mixes it’ amongst the team, I posted back in summertime about how abrasive he is with his staff and peers. We were near ‘top’ then…that ‘abrasiveness’ didn't raise an eyebrow here…in fact, it was embraced (as what we as a club, needed)

Chill

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Mar 2023 22:07

Results count. He's not getting them, and if he's a pcunt on top then he's not going to get any slack.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Mar 2023 22:12

Snowflake Royal Results count. He's not getting them, and if he's a pcunt on top then he's not going to get any slack.
not relegated just yet

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Mar 2023 22:15

AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal Results count. He's not getting them, and if he's a pcunt on top then he's not going to get any slack.
not relegated just yet

Table on 18 March doesn't determine who is. Although Ince and Dai seem to be trying hard to get us there asap.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Mar 2023 22:21

If only you could take the reins right now :wink:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Mar 2023 16:01

Ince out

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 21 Mar 2023 12:17

Pinch Nowt

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Apr 2023 16:28

TIME TO GO NOW

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Apr 2023 16:29

You know what? Yeah, I'm on board the sack him now train.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Apr 2023 16:30

Was a bizarre appointment after the nonsense with Paunovic as well

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Apr 2023 16:30

He needs to go now. It’s time

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Apr 2023 16:34

Ince in

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Apr 2023 16:38

genome Was a bizarre appointment after the nonsense with Paunovic as well

Did a job keeping us up, shouldn’t have let that get him the job perm.

1204 posts