Ince out!

1204 posts
Weymouth Royal

Re: Ince out!

by Weymouth Royal » 20 Mar 2022 23:55

super darren caskey Still want to see Colin come in over the summer. He has expressed interest

For me too, but if it's true the owner did reach out to Ince to help us out, I can see Ince being offered the job full-time if he keeps us up.

Ascotexgunner We are in poll position now

Heck, not sure what to think about that; but yes it's exciting :shock:

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 21 Mar 2022 01:29

To be fair he said the performance at Forest was embarrassing, criticise the players and their professionalism. It’s the first time in ages I’ve heard of any manager we had come out with such an angry response to a performance.

He said he wanted a response, and in the second half at Bournemouth and yesterday against Blackburn he got it. If we can get something at Barnsley then I would say job nearly done. But until then the jury is out.
Last edited by Jackson Corner on 21 Mar 2022 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

Delboy

by Delboy » 21 Mar 2022 06:43

If he keeps us up , give him the managers job. He will know the players, will not be expensive , will know how to deal with a relegation scrap if needed next season . Know which players to offer contracts .

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Mar 2022 10:37

Weymouth Royal
super darren caskey Still want to see Colin come in over the summer. He has expressed interest

For me too, but if it's true the owner did reach out to Ince to help us out, I can see Ince being offered the job full-time if he keeps us up.
Probably worth remembering that Dai reached out to Bowen to give him the manager's job, then unceremoniously dumped him after mission achieved in a way that was deeply unprofessional and completely alienated him.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Mar 2022 10:52

I do think on this occasion it wants to be someone with years of experience at this level. Gary Monk I think would be a decent choice. Warnock I'd be happy with for a season although I don't know if he'd want another job going into next season. I wouldn't be against someone like Karanka although his style of play is a bit dry.

Not Ince for me and hopefully not someone like Pauno either. Again, I'm not completely against the idea of someone outside the league coming in if their idea can work, it's a proven success before, but maybe just not at this time. It's about time we did something stable for a change.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Mar 2022 11:35

YorkshireRoyal99 I do think on this occasion it wants to be someone with years of experience at this level. Gary Monk I think would be a decent choice. Warnock I'd be happy with for a season although I don't know if he'd want another job going into next season. I wouldn't be against someone like Karanka although his style of play is a bit dry.

Not Ince for me and hopefully not someone like Pauno either. Again, I'm not completely against the idea of someone outside the league coming in if their idea can work, it's a proven success before, but maybe just not at this time. It's about time we did something stable for a change.

Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to have the same manager three seasons in a row and actually build forward toward something.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Mar 2022 11:36

YorkshireRoyal99 I do think on this occasion it wants to be someone with years of experience at this level. Gary Monk I think would be a decent choice. Warnock I'd be happy with for a season although I don't know if he'd want another job going into next season. I wouldn't be against someone like Karanka although his style of play is a bit dry.

*Garry

Weymouth Royal

by Weymouth Royal » 21 Mar 2022 11:49

NathStPaul

*Garry

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Mar 2022 12:03

Snowflake Royal

Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to have the same manager three seasons in a row and actually build forward toward something.

Yes - that's why I wouldn't really want Warnock because I know it would likely only be a 12 month spell. It wouldn't be our worst idea because that should see us out of the EFL's business plan just fine but I'd rather we take this opportunity to put a manager in place that can be here for 2/3 seasons. I was hoping Pauno was going to be that guy and there was potential but his position became untenable.

I know it's contradictory saying I'd favour Monk, when he spends around 18 months in a job at a time, but I believe he could stick around for a couple of seasons at least and would seem to be the kind of manager who fits the profile of the club and he has a good reputation at this level as well, despite some things being said off the field about issues behind the scenes.

Lydia Dustbin

by Lydia Dustbin » 21 Mar 2022 13:44

i want ince and i dont want warnock

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 21 Mar 2022 13:57

At this point i'm more scared of who the owners might bring in than I am worried about how good Ince will turn out. I'd happily take him over the last 3 appointments.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Mar 2022 15:08

Snowflake Royal

Only if there’s a foundation to build upon - something we haven’t really had for a while. Didn’t like Bowen as a person and his football was tough to watch towards the end but would struggle to disagree with you about his sacking. Couldn’t really argue any of the rest though in recent years - and if anything were too lenient to some, Paunovic and Stam particularly

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Mar 2022 15:14

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal

Only if there’s a foundation to build upon - something we haven’t really had for a while. Didn’t like Bowen as a person and his football was tough to watch towards the end but would struggle to disagree with you about his sacking. Couldn’t really argue any of the rest though in recent years - and if anything were too lenient to some, Paunovic and Stam particularly

I didn't mind Bowen's football, it wasn't horrendous or anything really. You can see his ideas were best suited for the club, mentioning wanting to move Liam Moore on whilst bringing in Josh Laurent on a free transfer and probably one or two others. He had an interview with The Athletic where he goes on about how he knew about the embargo and financial issues facing the club but knew he could bring in 2/3 players whilst looking to move some on.

Makes me feel as if the change was made as it was going against the boards ideas of what they want.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Mar 2022 15:19

YorkshireRoyal99
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to have the same manager three seasons in a row and actually build forward toward something.

I didn't mind Bowen's football, it wasn't horrendous or anything really. You can see his ideas were best suited for the club, mentioning wanting to move Liam Moore on whilst bringing in Josh Laurent on a free transfer and probably one or two others. He had an interview with The Athletic where he goes on about how he knew about the embargo and financial issues facing the club but knew he could bring in 2/3 players whilst looking to move some on.

Makes me feel as if the change was made as it was going against the boards ideas of what they want.

First couple of months was a refreshing change, all the talk about being “nasty” came to fruition. As usual, a couple of injuries scuppered our form and ultimately the season and he just really struggled to adapt and the season curtailed into a really poor end from about January onwards

In the past but he did deserve a go at reshaping the squad (moving on Moore etc being part of his plan). Hard to argue with that

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 21 Mar 2022 15:39

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

Yes - that's why I wouldn't really want Warnock because I know it would likely only be a 12 month spell.

Of all the reasons to object to Warnock, that’s the one you’re going with?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Mar 2022 16:42

SCIAG
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to have the same manager three seasons in a row and actually build forward toward something.

Yes - that's why I wouldn't really want Warnock because I know it would likely only be a 12 month spell.

Of all the reasons to object to Warnock, that’s the one you’re going with?

Yes. Why appoint a manager for a 12 month spell when an incoming manager this season can work with what is as close to a blank sheet of paper as possible in footballing terms with what we will have in our squad next season. It's going to be a big transition this summer, so why give it to a manager who wouldn't be here for the long-term just for us to then have to potentially have a big transition in a further 12 months time?

It will be difficult next season, but not impossible. Allowing a manager to come in and basically have him shape well over 50% of our squad next season to bring in players who suit his style is about as good as you can ask for, considering most managers need probably 2-3 seasons before they can shape a squad that they want with incomings and outgoings, any new manager for us can essentially do that in one summer.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 21 Mar 2022 16:44

There's clearly something not quite "right" about Garry Monk. he seems to do reasonably well initially but always seems to fall out with the club's owners and / or supporters. For that reason, I'd prefer to steer clear. I'd take Warburton if QPR decide to sack him. I'd assume Valerian Ismael is currently out of work; got a lot out of a crap Barnsley team and a small budget last season

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Mar 2022 16:49

3points There's clearly something not quite "right" about Garry Monk. he seems to do reasonably well initially but always seems to fall out with the club's owners and / or supporters. For that reason, I'd prefer to steer clear. I'd take Warburton if QPR decide to sack him. I'd assume Valerian Ismael is currently out of work; got a lot out of a crap Barnsley team and a small budget last season

That's the only real negative I have against Monk. Of course, it's a pretty big one, but he's managed to build successful teams in respect to the club he was at and results at this level have by and large been pretty good. Ismael, likewise, has had a tendency to fall out with players and owners though and have a strained environment in the dressing room like at West Brom this season.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Mar 2022 16:56

Valerian Ismael seems to be the most sought after manager out of work from clubs wanting change. Which makes a change from Slavisa Jokanovic and before that Alan Curbishley. :lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Mar 2022 17:20

YorkshireRoyal99
3points There's clearly something not quite "right" about Garry Monk. he seems to do reasonably well initially but always seems to fall out with the club's owners and / or supporters. For that reason, I'd prefer to steer clear. I'd take Warburton if QPR decide to sack him. I'd assume Valerian Ismael is currently out of work; got a lot out of a crap Barnsley team and a small budget last season

That's the only real negative I have against Monk. Of course, it's a pretty big one, but he's managed to build successful teams in respect to the club he was at and results at this level have by and large been pretty good.

He's also dodgy as fcuk. He'd have a field day building a team from scratch.

1204 posts