Season summary…

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Season summary…

by Hound » 07 May 2022 15:37

Considering the embargo, injuries, poor management and general shambolic running of the team over the past 4 years or so, just to still be in the champ is an achievement of sorts

Really need to get through next season and plan properly going forwards. We’ve potential - ground, training facilities, owners who seem to want to spend money, academy with players coming through - but absolutely have to sort out the structure and mid term strategy

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 May 2022 18:05

Hound Considering the embargo, injuries, poor management and general shambolic running of the team over the past 4 years or so, just to still be in the champ is an achievement of sorts

Really need to get through next season and plan properly going forwards. We’ve potential - ground, training facilities, owners who seem to want to spend money, academy with players coming through - but absolutely have to sort out the structure and mid term strategy

The owners are now the biggest problem. Identity and culture start from within. There's no heart or soul left. Just an empty void.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 May 2022 18:05

Yeah putting some context behind this season, it's a box ticked of sorts to just stay in the division. I can imagine next season being touch not probably none more so than this season really.

A fair few things both on and off the field to sort out though before we start properly moving forward. It'll be a battle again next season, but hopefully we can be in a more comfortable position than most of this season.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 07 May 2022 18:34

I've had a season ticket for 36 consecutive years and watched my club for longer, yes we've had some lows, big lows, but this is the lowest I've ever know our club.

We've lost our soul.

The owners won't talk to the fans or the media, the club is totally broken not only financially but also in it's fundamental existence of simply being a football club.

However, providing we don't fold, the only way is up, though not in anyway with the current regime

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 May 2022 18:36

Gunny Fishcake I've had a season ticket for 36 consecutive years and watched my club for longer, yes we've had some lows, big lows, but this is the lowest I've ever know our club.

We've lost our soul.

The owners won't talk to the fans or the media, the club is totally broken not only financially but also in it's fundamental existence of simply being a football club.

However, providing we don't fold, the only way is up, though not in anyway with the current regime

Will you renew Gunny?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 07 May 2022 18:41

Zip
Gunny Fishcake I've had a season ticket for 36 consecutive years and watched my club for longer, yes we've had some lows, big lows, but this is the lowest I've ever know our club.

We've lost our soul.

Will you renew Gunny?

Of course, it's like crack cocaine, you wan't to give it up but you can't .....not that I've ever tried I must add !

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2022 19:31

Gunny Fishcake
Zip

We've lost our soul.

Will you renew Gunny?

Of course, it's like crack cocaine, you wan't to give it up but you can't .....not that I've ever tried I must add !

It's the yearning for the better days that must surely be ahead at some point isn’t it, and the knowledge the shit we're currently going through will make those better days all the sweeter.

It's the essence of FOMO, if you stop now, what if next season is good and you miss it?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 08 May 2022 00:07

We've lost our soul.

I've had a season ticket since 88/89, and feel very much same, except that I feel we can fall further. Next season could potentially be an utter disaster, with an owner who might see liquidating his assets as giving the best return on investment if the club keeps falling.

As for FOMO, that's gone for me. I just can't see a scenario that will be anything other than a continuation of the club's downward spiral.