MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (h)

128 posts
Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (h)

by Coppells Lost Coat » 28 Apr 2022 13:29

Dont know about you guys but I am really looking forward to seeing Olise play against WBA, who you think he should replace Ince or Hoilett?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Apr 2022 14:20

Snowflake Royal Personally I find it preferable reading YR laboriously making the same argument he has about Olise for much of the last month to most of Nameless's content, but it is pretty tiring at this point.

Funnily enough you usually manage to come up with a godawful response though....
I’ll make all my ‘content’ not for your attention from now on. Which should please us both.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Apr 2022 14:27

Nameless
Snowflake Royal Personally I find it preferable reading YR laboriously making the same argument he has about Olise for much of the last month to most of Nameless's content, but it is pretty tiring at this point.

Funnily enough you usually manage to come up with a godawful response though....

We've found something else to agree on!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Apr 2022 15:22

Coppells Lost Coat Dont know about you guys but I am really looking forward to seeing Olise play against WBA, who you think he should replace Ince or Hoilett?

I would as well

But sadly he had a release clause in his contract which meant he was able to leave to Palace for a value less than what he was worth. Whether that was an error of the club, due to a lack of DoF, or whether it was just because Olise was always wanting to move up to the PL is debatable though

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Apr 2022 16:30

Nameless
Crowbar6753
With a well run academy producing promising home grown players, we shouldn't need greedy agents like Kia Whats-his-face offering us has been mercenary's who don't give a rats arse about the club as long as they get a big fat pay check!!!

Interestingly those 3 home grown hero’s you mentioned (only 1 of whom was really home grown) all up and left as soon as they got big money offers from elsewhere !

Olise signed for us aged 14. He wasn’t a McIntyre type who had been with us since age 8 but he was very much home-grown, he wasn’t a Shane Long who we signed as the finished article.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Apr 2022 16:33

Would hardly say Shane Long was the finished article when he signed for us.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 28 Apr 2022 16:53

Hendo Would hardly say Shane Long was the finished article when he signed for us.

I remember Glen Little saying Long could barely complete a 10 yard pass when he first joined from Cork.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 28 Apr 2022 16:57

Ince, Holmes and Azeez ruled out for the season! which sounds devastating however, its only two games :D I guess its good news we're confirmed safe, this season's injury curse isn't quite finished with us just yet.

Southwood

Yids McIntyre Morrison Babba

Tetek Laurent

Meite Camara Barker

Joao

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Apr 2022 17:15

SCIAG
Nameless
Crowbar6753
With a well run academy producing promising home grown players, we shouldn't need greedy agents like Kia Whats-his-face offering us has been mercenary's who don't give a rats arse about the club as long as they get a big fat pay check!!!

Interestingly those 3 home grown hero’s you mentioned (only 1 of whom was really home grown) all up and left as soon as they got big money offers from elsewhere !

Olise signed for us aged 14. He wasn’t a McIntyre type who had been with us since age 8 but he was very much home-grown, he wasn’t a Shane Long who we signed as the finished article.

He’d been at other academies for 8 years, he wasn’t ‘home grown’ ! He had a very short time in our ‘development’ system given how quickly he went from being an under age U18 to a first teamer. More home grown than Rino perhaps, or possibly Richards who was a bit older when we signed him but spent more time as a scholar.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Apr 2022 17:17

Crowbar6753 Ince, Holmes and Azeez ruled out for the season! which sounds devastating however, its only two games :D I guess its good news we're confirmed safe, this season's injury curse isn't quite finished with us just yet.

Southwood

Tetek Laurent

Meite Camara Barker

Joao

Hoilett for Meite surely. I’d sent Meite off on holiday now, absolutely nothing to be gained risking him.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 28 Apr 2022 17:17

So that is the last we see of Tom Ince in a Reading shirt as I doubt we could afford his wages to even get him on a free from Stoke.

Personally, I wasn't too sure about having him here initially, but he has not only done really well but has genuinely seemed up for the fight and part of the team.

We owe him a debt of gratitude and wish him all the best for the rest of his career.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Apr 2022 17:19

Mr Angry So that is the last we see of Tom Ince in a Reading shirt as I doubt we could afford his wages to even get him on a free from Stoke.

Personally, I wasn't too sure about having him here initially, but he has not only done really well but has genuinely seemed up for the fight and part of the team.

We owe him a debt of gratitude and wish him all the best for the rest of his career.

We can put in an offer I'm sure, like we could put a contract on the table for Swift but in both cases I'm sure they'll take better offers.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Apr 2022 17:24

Mr Angry So that is the last we see of Tom Ince in a Reading shirt as I doubt we could afford his wages to even get him on a free from Stoke.

Yeah he’s been excellent. Not always 10/10 performances but worked his backside off, set the tone and scored some very useful goals

And this with the noise of his dad being boss and the obvious accusations of favouritism etc

Not what I expected when he first turned up tbh but fair play to him. If he doesn’t come back I’m sure we’ll all remember him well

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Apr 2022 17:25

Nameless
Crowbar6753 Ince, Holmes and Azeez ruled out for the season! which sounds devastating however, its only two games :D I guess its good news we're confirmed safe, this season's injury curse isn't quite finished with us just yet.

Southwood

Tetek Laurent

Meite Camara Barker

Joao

Hoilett for Meite surely. I’d sent Meite off on holiday now, absolutely nothing to be gained risking him.

Yeah 100% with Meite. Just go on hols and be back fully fit for next year

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2022 17:47

Hound
Nameless

Southwood

Tetek Laurent

Meite Camara Barker

Joao

Was my first thought, but didn’t he injure himself off the training ground anyway back in the summer?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Apr 2022 18:50

Ince is 29 now. His big contracts are now gone. Think we have a decent chance of signing him.

I cannot believe the injuries are still causing problems. Azeez seems particularly fragile.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Apr 2022 19:01

Yes even with just two games to go the injury news is good news that just keeps giving.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Apr 2022 20:27

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Nameless

Was my first thought, but didn’t he injure himself off the training ground anyway back in the summer?

You are right. So let’s get him signed up with a rugby league side for the summer and avoid the holiday injury risk....

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Apr 2022 08:39

Lap of appreciation confirmed for after the game tomorrow.

Anyone remember that time the players were too scared to come out after the Ipswich game a few years ago? At least things aren't that bad now which is a plus.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Apr 2022 08:41

NathStPaul Lap of appreciation confirmed for after the game tomorrow.

Anyone remember that time the players were too scared to come out after the Ipswich game a few years ago? At least things aren't that bad now which is a plus.

They were forced out in the end
8)

128 posts