58%

Total votes: 78
Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Do you want Ince to stay?

by Loafer » 08 May 2022 06:26

72 bus
Loafer Yes I want ince in

I like the fact we have an English manager who was an ex international that commands respect, and he is also a BAME manager

And again you bring race into it, why ? nobody else does.

It makes the sensitive gammons upset

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 08 May 2022 10:14

No

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 08 May 2022 10:15

I don’t think Ince will want to stay

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 08 May 2022 10:54

There seems to be quite a lot of managers available but how attractive is the job?
If somebody managed to keep us at this level for the next couple of years they would achieve a hero's status and might then be able, with financial backing, to give us hope of better things to come.

Huddersfield and Luton have shown what can be done with good coaching and management and with nothing of note to spend so Ince or whoever might become the new Coppell.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 May 2022 11:21

Ince's record P14 W4 D3 L7

Hardly a turnaround.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 08 May 2022 11:34

Not for me. He's completed what he came here to do and now he can return to the golf course. Plus the 'down to the bare bones' comment's been sounded to death. Anybody would think we've got a team of skeletons. Mind you, given Nyland's freebie yesterday....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 May 2022 12:04

Lower West Ince's record P14 W4 D3 L7

Hardly a turnaround.

Yikes.

28% win rate. 50% loss rate.

Yeah those final games did for any actual desire for him to get the job for me.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 May 2022 12:08

Hardly a turnaround.

Although in comparison, Clowno's last 14 was:

P14, W2, D3, L9.

So it is almost half a point a game better.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 08 May 2022 12:11

Any truth about Mark Bowen coming back as DOF?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 May 2022 12:11

blythspartan Any truth about Mark Bowen coming back as DOF?

After the way Dai treated him? :lol:

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 08 May 2022 12:57

Had it not been for Tmac’s late goals over the Easter weekend, this wouldn’t even be a discussion point. He well and truly saved Ince’s blushes :lol:

The past few games have shown to me that the players who do remain will simply roll in to next season, with the same tactics, same mentality, same level of fight.

We need a fresh approach and make the most of this opportunity for a total reset. Thanks Paul, but we need better than relegation form.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 08 May 2022 13:00

Millsy The whole thing has been a total cockup and just goes to show how ridiculously badly run we are as a club.

I stuck my neck out early (as usual) to show my dismay at Ince not being replaced and now I am just resigned to the Owners being clueless. They got Pauno in the first place, they didn't sack him anywhere near quickly enough and eventually were pretty much forced to by us. Presumably, they'd have a maneger lined up? Obviously not. With Ince starting badly they took no action to bring in the alleged main manager - of course they bloody didn't have one did they? Ok so he's kept us up, which is good (supposedly, with this squad?) but now what? Of course they're not talking to anyone. If they weren't when Pauno was shit and weren't when Pauno was sacked, and weren't when Ince was supposedly just an interim, WTF makes us think they are bothering to talk to anyone now?

Like it or not, Ince will be the man next season.

So to answer the Q do I want him to stay? No, because we should have got someone decent in in February and certainly by now. But yes, because we clearly have noone else lined up so he's better than noone and I suppose deserves a chance, poor lad. In summary: meh, who cares. Wake me up in 2030.

For me I think that screams one thing. The owner has lost interest in the club.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 May 2022 13:02

Snowflake Royal

Hardly a turnaround.

P14, W2, D3, L9.

Merely looking at Ince's impact.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 08 May 2022 13:07

I'd not be upset if we shook hands with Ince and went separate ways unless he wants a job upstairs. I like the guy and I dont want him to be seen as a villain like Pauno was. He did his job and he is a likeable guy.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 May 2022 13:12

Lower West
Snowflake Royal

Hardly a turnaround.

P14, W2, D3, L9.

Merely looking at Ince's impact.

What came before is pretty essential in doing that.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 May 2022 13:44

Staggered how many people on here looking at his record with us and expecting a miraculous turnaround in just 14 games with essentially a bunch of no hopers. the the clown turned us in to.
Get fukking real.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 08 May 2022 13:54

I’ve reached the point of not caring who the manager is, and caring even less about the squad.

I want Kia gone & if Dai’s not going to dispense with his services, I want him gone too.

We want our Reading back

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 May 2022 15:37

windermereROYAL Staggered how many people on here looking at his record with us and expecting a miraculous turnaround in just 14 games with essentially a bunch of no hopers. the the clown turned us in to.
Get fukking real.

Don't think anyone was expecting miraculous, but losing half your games, including your final three, doesn’t speak much towards sustained improvement or building toward success, does it.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 08 May 2022 15:40

Given our incredibly unlikely scenario of having money to spend, I would keep him. No point getting a new manager, starting from scratch with little in the way of being able to impose your vision with the players you want, when we have a guy who is now, a fair few months down the road with them all and build a relationship with them. He has also made us a better team.

We're not going to challenge for promotion next season, so solidarity must be the main aim.

Keep.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 08 May 2022 16:15

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL Staggered how many people on here looking at his record with us and expecting a miraculous turnaround in just 14 games with essentially a bunch of no hopers. the the clown turned us in to.
Get fukking real.

Don't think anyone was expecting miraculous, but losing half your games, including your final three, doesn’t speak much towards sustained improvement or building toward success, does it.

I would say reaching safety was a huge factor in the last two (arguably the Hull game too), plus the Luton game was one we'd have been favorites to lose regardless.

Whether the downturn in peformance for the West Brom game in particular was down to Ince not motivating them, or them deciding it was 'job done' and they could mail it in, it's hard to say.

The question really isn't "are there better managers out there than Paul Ince?" (who are realistic prospects) because obviously there are. It's more "do you trust the owners to appoint someone better than Paul Ince?" and based all all four appointments made so far, I'd have to say that's a resounding no.

130 posts