42%
Out
58%

Total votes: 78
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Do you want Ince to stay?

by Brogue » 07 May 2022 19:31

That’s right another poll by me, Brogue, the poll starter .

So the seasons over, do you want Ince to be our manager for next season or should we look to someone else.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Do you want Ince to stay?

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2022 19:36

Think you need an ambivalent option.

I think he hasn't managed to stake a strong claim to the job and will probably fail and be gone by December

But he did do what he was asked to and improve us when it mattered.

And maybe better the middling appointment you know with these clowns in charge, because it's likely anyone else will be as bad or worse.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 07 May 2022 19:41

Snowflake Royal Think you need an ambivalent option.

I think he hasn't managed to stake a strong claim to the job and will probably fail and be gone by December

And maybe better the middling appointment you know with these clowns in charge, because it's likely anyone else will be as bad or worse.

No fence sitting allowed. Nail your colours to the mast. No time now for ambivalence, he’s either going to be manager next season or not and I imagine we are going to find out soon. So you’re either in or out, as these are the only options we have.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2022 19:44

Brogue

No fence sitting allowed. Nail your colours to the mast. No time now for ambivalence, he’s either going to be manager next season or not and I imagine we are going to find out soon. So you’re either in or out, as these are the only options we have.

I refuse to conform to your rules, man.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 07 May 2022 19:51

I've just commented on another thread, we will always be indebted to Paul Ince for keeping us up under tough circumstances but these last three games have took the shine off of those games against Sheff Utd & Swansea.
The last three games has been terrible to say the least and the players literally were on the beach for these games and showed zero fight or effort!! yes they were dead rubber games with nothing to play for, however, it would have given us confidence going into the new season and really would have boosted Ince's chance's of getting the job full time.

What really baffled me the most was the sudden shift in post match analysis of the games. When Ince first took over, his post match interviews were like a breath of fresh air...telling it as it was, calling out players and giving the team a kick up the backside which was clearly needed and to an extent this clearly worked and motivated the team to those great games against Sheffield and Swansea.
The last three games as mentioned above were dire, yet all of a sudden Ince was giving a Pauno style post game interview with words like "Immense, amazing and great team effort" and this totally baffles me. Maybe i'm wrong but i just don't get that feeling Paul is the person to steer this team through a rebuild.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 May 2022 19:51

Yes I want ince in

I like the fact we have an English manager who was an ex international that commands respect, and he is also a BAME manager

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 May 2022 19:59

Want is too strong a term

Would be ok if he stays on. Maybe slightly more positive than negative about it. About 60/40, maybe 55/45

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 May 2022 20:34

Well Ince or another unknown foreign boss with the financial state we will be in next season. IN.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 May 2022 20:46

Not as the manager, but I'd keep him at the club in a DoF or consultancy-type role. He seems to know what is required to improve the club off the field and would be a good character to keep at the club, I'm just not sure I see him being successful next season as the manager.

If he was to stay here long-term, it would have to be away from the managers role as well.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 May 2022 20:56

This.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 May 2022 21:40

Look at the last couple of weeks if you want a glimpse into what the future will be under Ince.

Appreciate the effort Paul but times up.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 07 May 2022 21:48

I wouldn’t be against Ince. We have to get away from blaming managers every time this squad fails. It’s poor recruitment that is costing us. No surprise that as soon as we got ourselves safe the squad switch it off an go through the motions again. As Brian McDermott said we keep throwing managers at the problem but we have nothing going on behind the scenes to support the manager.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 May 2022 21:53

I just don`t want us to be another Watford, lets have somebody to stabilise the club, give the guy a window to shift the deadwood and get his own people in,
I`m sick to death in changing managers every season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 May 2022 22:03

It’s a difficult one but he is very thin skinned and doesn’t take at all well to criticism. His
post match interviews in recent games have been a bit delusional.
He did keep us up and deserves praise for that. However I don’t think he will last long next season.

The trouble is who is out there who would be interested?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2022 22:53

Hound Want is too strong a term

Would be ok if he stays on. Maybe slightly more positive than negative about it. About 60/40, maybe 55/45

Yeah, 55/45 is my max.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 May 2022 23:02

Zip It’s a difficult one but he is very thin skinned and doesn’t take at all well to criticism. His
post match interviews in recent games have been a bit delusional.
He did keep us up and deserves praise for that. However I don’t think he will last long next season.

The trouble is who is out there who would be interested?

Many managers would be interested imo, we are a good club at heart. Decent facilities, nice area, close to London and the fact that things can't really get worse than they currently are meaning the pressure will be off a bit, at least at first.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 07 May 2022 23:53

I'd like him to stay IF he can get the changes in the club structures that he seems to want. If he can't, we're pretty much screwed anyway, so it doesn't matter.

I also have very little faith in the club's ability to find a good alternative as manager. If he goes, it'll almost certainly be another Kia hand-picked journeyman nobody on his books.

With the mess the club is currently in, the only managers we are likely to attract anyway are ones who know they'd struggle to get a job elsewhere.

I really don't see how the pressure will be off next season. Barring some excellent recruitment (not exactly the club's forte) the club will do well not to be relegated, and any new boss would know there's a fair chance he'd be out the door by Christmas.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 May 2022 00:12

The whole thing has been a total cockup and just goes to show how ridiculously badly run we are as a club.

I stuck my neck out early (as usual) to show my dismay at Ince not being replaced and now I am just resigned to the Owners being clueless. They got Pauno in the first place, they didn't sack him anywhere near quickly enough and eventually were pretty much forced to by us. Presumably, they'd have a maneger lined up? Obviously not. With Ince starting badly they took no action to bring in the alleged main manager - of course they bloody didn't have one did they? Ok so he's kept us up, which is good (supposedly, with this squad?) but now what? Of course they're not talking to anyone. If they weren't when Pauno was shit and weren't when Pauno was sacked, and weren't when Ince was supposedly just an interim, WTF makes us think they are bothering to talk to anyone now?

Like it or not, Ince will be the man next season.

So to answer the Q do I want him to stay? No, because we should have got someone decent in in February and certainly by now. But yes, because we clearly have noone else lined up so he's better than noone and I suppose deserves a chance, poor lad. In summary: meh, who cares. Wake me up in 2030.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 08 May 2022 00:34

Loafer Yes I want ince in

I like the fact we have an English manager who was an ex international that commands respect, and he is also a BAME manager

And again you bring race into it, why ? nobody else does.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 08 May 2022 06:18

I am saying “yes” because although a little deluded in recent post match interviews he should have an understanding of what needs to be done at the football club. I can see him attracting players as he does command respect.

As already mentioned on here I’d like to see him as a DOF and a young manager who needs the job to be appointed.

Off topic is there any possibility of us being deducted more points this season? There’s a mention of something the Peterborough manager has intimated in Berkshire Live or is it just poor journalism?

130 posts