Best performing team in the Championship?

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
redmatt

Best performing team in the Championship?

by redmatt » 11 May 2022 15:44

What do you think, deserve our spot?

https://www.bettingodds.com/news/report ... nship-club

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Best performing team in the Championship?

by Millsy » 11 May 2022 15:55

I think we did quite well to end up in what would've been a relegation spot with the squad we had.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 11 May 2022 17:13

Millsy I think we did quite well to end up in what would've been a relegation spot with the squad we had.

Think we massively underperformed our potential this season and with the squad we had we should have been comfortably mid table or better. Clearly much of this underperformance was due to the horrific number of injuries and the fact we seldom sent out the same team two weeks running. As to why we had so many injuries................we can only speculate.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 May 2022 18:26

andrew1957
Millsy I think we did quite well to end up in what would've been a relegation spot with the squad we had.

Think we massively underperformed our potential this season and with the squad we had we should have been comfortably mid table or better. Clearly much of this underperformance was due to the horrific number of injuries and the fact we seldom sent out the same team two weeks running. As to why we had so many injuries................we can only speculate.

Poor recruitment.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 May 2022 20:08

andrew1957

That's what I'm saying. Quite a performance to manage such a low position.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 May 2022 08:17

Millsy
andrew1957

That's what I'm saying. Quite a performance to manage such a low position.

Broadly on par with the last six or seven years bar the odd blip.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 May 2022 10:55

I think we did underperform but weren't helped out with a ridiculous injury crisis and an incompetent manager who couldn't motivate the team in any shape or form.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 13 May 2022 17:22

andrew1957

I tend to think goal difference is often quite a telling factor in under/overperforming teams, and ours really isn't that good. OK, the injury crisis had an impact on that, but all season we only managed one win that was by more than a single goal, and got thrashed regularly.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 May 2022 20:47

How many years do you have to underperform before it becomes just performing?

21st
7th
14th
20th
20th
3rd
17th
19th
7th

Is it 3?

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1