Sir John & Steve Coppell Statue

On Strings

Sir John & Steve Coppell Statue

by On Strings » 09 Jun 2022 22:51

STAR were good enough to put forward the suggestion of a statue of these two legends tonight, with the idea that with some crowd funding we can make this happen.

Initial idea is a statue of them both as they were together at Leicester celebrating our first promotion to the Premier League, and the earliest promotion to the top flight on record to date.

Of course if this does get the nod, they may choose different images of Steve and Sir John, but either way I'm sure we'd all be delighted to see them both immortalised outside the stadium. Initial suggestions for placing is outside the Dolan Stand, but again, that may change, if it happens at all.

*** As per my reply below, Sarah put this on the STAR agenda last night (09-06-2022) and has come back to me advising the STAR board have asked for an idea of what this will cost. Once they have more information, we'll work out a way to raise funds and all be done officially and with STAR's consent and the Club's. It should go without saying not to send money to a random poster on any forum... ***
Last edited by On Strings on 10 Jun 2022 09:25, edited 1 time in total.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Sir John & Steve Coppell Statue

by STAR Liaison » 10 Jun 2022 00:01

Eh?!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jun 2022 08:21

On Strings paving the way for a fraudulent crowdfunding campaign?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Jun 2022 08:23

Which former member are we saying "On Strings" is? Obviously here to cause trouble.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 10 Jun 2022 09:12

Looks like a new member who's posts have only just been approved, not sure there are any mods checking them actively anymore.

Could be from years ago, I would imagine this "On Strings" character will have long since given up trying to post.

On Strings

by On Strings » 10 Jun 2022 09:18

STAR Liaison Eh?!

Ask Sarah. You lot discussed it last night...

She's now been asked to look into the cost. Do talk to one another. :|

On Strings

by On Strings » 10 Jun 2022 09:20

Green Looks like a new member who's posts have only just been approved, not sure there are any mods checking them actively anymore.

Could be from years ago, I would imagine this "On Strings" character will have long since given up trying to post.

You numpty :lol:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Jun 2022 09:21

HI KES *WAVES*

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 10 Jun 2022 10:28

I like the idea. Which Nigerian bank account do I send my money to?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 10 Jun 2022 10:40

If only there was a section in this forum solely dedicated to STAR, then this thread could be put in there......................... :roll:

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 10 Jun 2022 10:48

Is there a pic we can use from the legends game that has Brian as well?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 10 Jun 2022 11:45

If it does go ahead, maybe STAR can get the plans and knock out 3d printed mini sculptures for £50 ago or something

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Jun 2022 11:56

On Strings
STAR Liaison Eh?!

Something like this would need a bit more than ‘looking into the cost’. You can’t just pop into your local statue shop and pick one up.....
IIRC There was a suggestion to put a Robin Friday statue up sometime ago. Became obvious that it would be incredibly expensive with all sorts of extras to consider on top. It’s also very risky as there’s is no guarantee you’ll get a decent likeness - see all sorts of high profile dud statues.
Last edited by Nameless on 10 Jun 2022 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

On Strings

by On Strings » 10 Jun 2022 11:57

Forbury Lion If it does go ahead, maybe STAR can get the plans and knock out 3d printed mini sculptures for £50 ago or something

Put it to them and the club, you never know. If it makes the club money you can bet they'll be interested.

Sarah is looking into what the statue would cost and you'll probably hear from STAR directly if this gets the go ahead, but if she comes back to me I'll update here.

On Strings

by On Strings » 10 Jun 2022 11:58

Nameless
On Strings
STAR Liaison Eh?!

Something like this would need a bit more than ‘looking into the cost’. You can’t just pop into your local statue shop and pick on up.....
IIRC There was a suggestion to put a Robin Friday statue up sometime ago. Became obvious that it would be incredibly expensive with all sorts of extras to consider on top. It’s also very risky as there’s is no guarantee you’ll get a decent likeness - so all sorts of high profile dud statues.

Yeah, agreed, but it's good they're happy to look into and consider it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Jun 2022 12:00

On Strings
Nameless
On Strings

Something like this would need a bit more than ‘looking into the cost’. You can’t just pop into your local statue shop and pick on up.....
IIRC There was a suggestion to put a Robin Friday statue up sometime ago. Became obvious that it would be incredibly expensive with all sorts of extras to consider on top. It’s also very risky as there’s is no guarantee you’ll get a decent likeness - so all sorts of high profile dud statues.

Until someone from Star confirms I’ll assume this is a wind up. If Star Liason has no knowledge of it it’s highly unlikely to be a thing....

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Jun 2022 12:10

You could get the guy who did the Ronaldo statue. I bet he'd give you a good price...

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 10 Jun 2022 12:20

Nameless
On Strings
Nameless

Until someone from Star confirms I’ll assume this is a wind up. If Star Liason has no knowledge of it it’s highly unlikely to be a thing....

In the vaguest sense it’s a thing. STAR was asked about statues by a supporter and discussed it briefly on Tuesday. I don’t know what was talked about last night.

As nameless says we’ve been down this road before, about 20 years ago when the going rate was about £50k. A two figure statue these days will probably cost quite a lot of crowd funding ….

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jun 2022 12:25

This screams of a random supporter trying to get something to happen and STAR humouring them without it ever likely to go anywhere.

Wasn't Steve against a statue of him when this has been brought up previously?

Only good thing about this is the big oxf*rd you it says to the current owner.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Jun 2022 12:27

Nobody has the money for this sort of nonsense right now. Madejski has a stand named after him and imo so should Coppell. That is more than enough.

"On Strings" should pipe down.