Injury watch 2022/23

808 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Injury watch 2022/23

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Jan 2023 20:44

Just puts paid to any chance of us shifting him before the end of the window. Even 5 months would have saved us £½ million+.

Not that I thought he was going anywhere.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 07 Jan 2023 20:46, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jan 2023 20:45

Convenient?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Jan 2023 22:16

I don't think Moore can fake a hamstring injury. Seems he is just horrifically injury prone.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2023 01:10

The only possible reason it wouldn’t be genuine would be to mask that the total breakdown in relations between him and the club is still in effect and avoid awkward calls from him to play when that's simply not going to happen.

Bit tinfoil hat, don't think it's very likely, but there's a degree of plausibility.

Either way I'm happy I don't have to watch him play for us, taking the place of defenders I think are better and have a future here, for a little while longer, maybe ever. End of season can't come soon enough to end that ridiculous millstone contract around our necks.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jan 2023 08:38

Doesn’t make a lot of difference to the team’s prospects, esp if Dann can stay fit (big if)

Real shame for him personally though. Brutally bad luck

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jan 2023 08:43

Snowflake Royal The only possible reason it wouldn’t be genuine would be to mask that the total breakdown in relations between him and the club is still in effect and avoid awkward calls from him to play when that's simply not going to happen.

Bit tinfoil hat, don't think it's very likely, but there's a degree of plausibility.

Either way I'm happy I don't have to watch him play for us, taking the place of defenders I think are better and have a future here, for a little while longer, maybe ever. End of season can't come soon enough to end that ridiculous millstone contract around our necks.

If the club announced a fake injury then Moore could simple deny it and they would look ridiculous.. if there was this alleged breakdown he woukdn’t be at the club, training and being part of the squad. If there was no way back then it would have made sense to terminate his contract.
It’s not hard to think other other reasons why a ‘convenient’ injury might have cropped up but as ever the most likely explanation is the obvious one - he’s injured !
Here’s hoping he gets fit soon and is available to play, if only so he can stick 2 fingers up at those who seem to hold some kind of petty personal grudge against him.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jan 2023 09:25

Really hope Liam gets back after this and plays a few games for Reading doing well in the process. It’s just typical of the injury curse that’s been hanging over this club for the last 2/3 seasons.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 08 Jan 2023 10:53

tidus_mi2 I don't think Moore can fake a hamstring injury. Seems he is just horrifically injury prone.

Who isn't injury prone at this club?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 08 Jan 2023 10:55

Snowflake Royal :lol:

Laughing at a player getting an injury. Classy.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 08 Jan 2023 11:18

Pretty sure I have heard of other players recovering from long term knee injuries to sustain another injury when close to making a return. Hopefully, he can play a few games for us before his contract expires in the summer.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Jan 2023 11:23

blythspartan Pretty sure I have heard of other players recovering from long term knee injuries to sustain another injury when close to making a return. Hopefully, he can play a few games for us before his contract expires in the summer.

Reece James for starters

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jan 2023 11:26

Suspect it’s fairly common. Consciously or sun consciously over compensating to protect the old injury, inherent weakness in the joint meaning too much strain on the muscle, not quite up to the intensity of training/matches after so long out etc

Just thought he may be past a lot of those stages after not rushing back. Real shame for him, must be gutted

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jan 2023 11:37

Orion1871

To be fair to Ian I thought that was more an ironic ‘you coukdn’t make it up’ rather than finding one of our players getting hurt amusing
I might be being generous of course

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Jan 2023 11:42

Nameless
Snowflake Royal The only possible reason it wouldn’t be genuine would be to mask that the total breakdown in relations between him and the club is still in effect and avoid awkward calls from him to play when that's simply not going to happen.

If the club announced a fake injury then Moore could simple deny it and they would look ridiculous.. if there was this alleged breakdown he woukdn’t be at the club, training and being part of the squad. If there was no way back then it would have made sense to terminate his contract.
It’s not hard to think other other reasons why a ‘convenient’ injury might have cropped up but as ever the most likely explanation is the obvious one - he’s injured !
Here’s hoping he gets fit soon and is available to play, if only so he can stick 2 fingers up at those who seem to hold some kind of petty personal grudge against him.

Fully agree. IMO anyone who suggests that a professional football player goes out of their way to avoid playing and is just happy to sit back and earn a large salary for doing nothing really doesn't understand the type of mentality and love of playing the game that is required to get to that level in the first place, let alone stay there.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2023 11:42

Nameless

Obviously it would have to be a mutual agreement if it was the case. I did say it wasn’t likely, would in part be to protect his reputation.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2023 11:44

Orion1871

Laughing at all the he'll play vs Watford stuff and he's then immediately back out injured, and our appalling injury record.

But whatever feeds your outrage.... you'll need your energy if you're going to post with it after anyone laughs at our injury record.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jan 2023 11:52

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

Obviously it would have to be a mutual agreement if it was the case. I did say it wasn’t likely, would in part be to protect his reputation.

Woukdn’t need to be ‘mutual’ at all. The club could simply pay his wages to the end of the contract and cancel his registration.
Given the club trashed his reputation unfairly it’s hard to see why they woukd want to ‘protect’ it, and how faking an injury woukd do that.
As said the simple, plausible, logical explanation usually works above the far fetched, implausible one !

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jan 2023 11:53

Snowflake Royal
Orion1871

Laughing at all the he'll play vs Watford stuff and he's then immediately back out injured, and our appalling injury record.

But whatever feeds your outrage.... you'll need your energy if you're going to post with it after anyone laughs at our injury record.

Maybe recognising the laughing emoji was pretty insensitive woukd have been a break from tradition.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2023 11:58

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Nameless

Woukdn’t need to be ‘mutual’ at all. The club could simply pay his wages to the end of the contract and cancel his registration.
Given the club trashed his reputation unfairly it’s hard to see why they woukd want to ‘protect’ it, and how faking an injury woukd do that.
As said the simple, plausible, logical explanation usually works above the far fetched, implausible one !

Mutual agreement to claim a non-existent injury. You know, what I was talking about.

You seem to want to make an argument over something I only said was a possibility, not that I actually think is true, so once again I remember why I'm not really interested in talking to you.

I'm out.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jan 2023 13:00

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal Obviously it would have to be a mutual agreement if it was the case. I did say it wasn’t likely, would in part be to protect his reputation.

Mutual agreement to claim a non-existent injury. You know, what I was talking about.

You seem to want to make an argument over something I only said was a possibility, not that I actually think is true, so once again I remember why I'm not really interested in talking to you.

I'm out.

Utterly bizarre.
I’m having a perfectly reasonable conversation (only in your world are there just arguments, the rest of us can discuss stuff) and you throw a wobbly
No wonder you are singlehandly destroying the board, one actual Reading fan at a time .:::

808 posts