Injury watch 2022/23

808 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Injury watch 2022/23

by blythspartan » 22 Jun 2022 19:19

I wonder if the players will read this thread and think that HNA is toxic to the core, lol. Personally, I love reading all the different opinions and if anyone wants to rubbish my views, I don’t give a flying oxf*rd. As I have said before we all care about our club and everyone is entitled to their own point of view.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Jun 2022 19:25

Haven't seen anything toxic as such, think its been pretty raucous but nothing offensive from what I've seen.

Think Liam Moore stirs up a lot of emotions, very much a Marmite character.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 22 Jun 2022 19:28

NathStPaul Haven't seen anything toxic as such, think its been pretty raucous but nothing offensive from what I've seen.

Think Liam Moore stirs up a lot of emotions, very much a Marmite character.

Yeah, my toxic comment was just tongue in cheek. Agree about Moore.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 22 Jun 2022 19:58

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal You all seem to think it's only possible for one person to be at fault, and and forget all the power players have.

I don't. We didn't put a gun to his head and force him to take it.

So you think an employee is going to turn down a lucrative increase in their pay packet? How many people on here would turn around to their employers and say no to a big increase in their pay? Get real Ian. He was highly valued by the club at the time having performed well. We chose to agree a massive increase in his pay to keep him at the club. This at a time when our wages were spiralling out of control and exceeding our incoming revenue.

We have been a basket case of a club and are now suffering from the consequences of being run so stupidly. As I repeat we could have told him to get lost but chose to keep him and pay him ridiculous wages. Our fault as a club. No one else’s.

We didn't come up with the figure without his input zip. Utterly delusional to think we just offered him a PL salary with no prompting after he handed in a transfer request and we refused the bid.

Very Tory attitude from you. Grab all you can. Ok.

I think it's you going all Tory here Ian and that on the eve of what could be one of the Lib Dems greatest victories :wink:
You are following the line of that twat of a Treasury Minister who was saying on Monday that workers should be responsible and not ask for wage increases (at a time when inflation is now in excess of 9% per year so effectively many have had a wage cut).

Moore was/is an employee of Reading football club so why should he not have asked his wealthy employers for a wage rise when he thought that he was underpaid for the quality of work produced (I didn't think he was that good but I wasn't his employer).?
The stupid owner coughed up for whatever reason.

RFC is not a co-operative or a charity it is a business, a badly run business but still a business,
We customers of that business have no say in the industrial relations of people that work there-we just hope that by contributing to the running of the business we will get something that entertains us.
Blame the employer, not the employee.

In an ideal world a football club would be so much more about being part of it's local community but that is not the case and clubs are playthings of the mega-rich individuals and , in some cases, foreign States.
We are the muggins that fund the business in a small way all because of a local pride that we have grown up with and in search of some Saturday entertainment.
Regrettably that entertainment has been a bit thin on the ground of late and all our ills cannot be placed on Liam Moore for what he does on the pitch and in his salary negotiations.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Jun 2022 20:40

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal May be hindsight for many of you, but for some of us it was really obvious foresight. Me included.

To use your own term
Bollox
You are having a shocker on this one

Nameless
Snowflake Royal I find that news mote worrying tbh. Either we'll have upped his almost certainly already rather high wages, or we'll have inserted a release clause for a certain fee / level of team performance. Or both.

We're not exactly rolling in money so chucking more at him seems a poor choice. And the owners have just said they won't sell him at any price, the other would be a bit of a mixed message.

if the extra money is performance related it's no big issue. up his win bonus, up his points bonus, up his league place bonus and it pays for itself.
And if he has a storming season and we sell him in the summer for £15 million then it will absolutely have been worth it.
the worrying situation would ave been if we had caved in to Brighton's attempts to get him on the cheap or if he had stayed but gone into a season long sulk. we seem have have avoided both those and probably handled the situation as well as we would have,

Oh look. Me at the time saying the contract was a concern.

And look, there's Nameless quoting me and playing the its fine game.

Fair play.
I don’t keep an archive of comments stretching back years and I’m not averse to contradicting myself in the same thread but you’ve got me bang to rights !
I think there enough caveats in my ancient post to dismiss the ‘it’s fine’ accusation, and it clearly hasn’t worked that way anyway.
Ian’s still having a shocker on the ‘It’s Moore’s fault we pay him too much’ line...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jun 2022 21:13

Think Ian might be living off that for a while

Link is the entire thread Ian, would be quite an interesting read I’m sure

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 Jun 2022 08:58

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal May be hindsight for many of you, but for some of us it was really obvious foresight. Me included.

To use your own term
Bollox
You are having a shocker on this one

:| if it makes you happy to believe that. Knock yourself out. Happily, your opinion doesn’t change reality.

Not hard to call that giving a Championship player a 4/5 year contract on £30k a week when we were in a poor financial position and it would be crippling if we didn’t go up / sell soon after rather than realising a tidy profit and reinvesting it is a terrible idea. Or maybe I'm a genius (I'm not).

I'm not suggesting that the contract itself wasn't a concern, it obviously was, however that's what Moore was worth at the time, hence the PL interest from Brighton and hence why they were his demands. The problem was we were stupid enough to match those demands, rather than sell on for a profit as we, along with the player, obviously believed he would keep performing to that level during basically his prime years.

Unfortunately for us, and Moore, he hasn't and it's left us where we are now.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 29 Jun 2022 15:17

Uproar on Twitter as Liam Moore spotted at golf driving range despite knee injury (two action photos in the Tweets below):

https://mobile.twitter.com/DeanBennett1 ... 0799037442

https://mobile.twitter.com/lastLMplayed ... 8673074180

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jun 2022 15:31

Hmmm. Just how bad is this knee injury then? I know he missed the final weeks of the season with Stoke through injury. So sort of accepted he was genuinely injured. Playing golf with a knee injury? Seems a pretty stupid thing to be doing.
We do need shot of him. Can we not get someone to take him on loan for the season and pay 40% of his wages?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 29 Jun 2022 15:49

morganb Uproar on Twitter as Liam Moore spotted at golf driving range despite knee injury (two action photos in the Tweets below):

https://mobile.twitter.com/DeanBennett1 ... 0799037442

https://mobile.twitter.com/lastLMplayed ... 8673074180

Latest chat is that it is an old photo but was posted today but then hastily deleted

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Jun 2022 16:03

Would depend on the actual injury he has. He might be able to hit a few balls on a driving range quite comfortably.

Either way I'm not into players being chastised for doing perfectly legal activities, Liam Moore can do as he pleases in his free time.
Last edited by NathStPaul on 29 Jun 2022 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 29 Jun 2022 16:23

Providing playing golf doesn't affect his ability to move, I don't really care what he does in his spare time. Knee injuries don't necessarily mean that you can't function at all.
Last edited by YorkshireRoyal99 on 30 Jun 2022 09:53, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 29 Jun 2022 16:43

NathStPaul Would depend on the actual injury he has. He might be able to hit a few balls on a driving range quite comfortably.

Either way I'm not into players being chastised for doing perfectly legal activities, Liam Moore can do as he pleases in his free time.

I feel like the gimp who started the 2nd twitter feed (was it Ian?) might hold Liam to a slightly higher standard!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Jun 2022 16:53

Old photos, tagged TB (throwback).

Past caring anyway

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jun 2022 17:40

Silver Fox
NathStPaul Would depend on the actual injury he has. He might be able to hit a few balls on a driving range quite comfortably.

I feel like the gimp who started the 2nd twitter feed (was it Ian?) might hold Liam to a slightly higher standard!

I'm not lowering myself to twitter, and even if I did, I certainly wouldn't be looking at Moore’s feed or caring what he's doing.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Jun 2022 13:02

I’m just outraged that our players are propping up the golf industry.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Jul 2022 16:15

Well Shane Long missing the last meaningful friendly and Joao benched, anything familiar happening?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Jul 2022 16:26

windermereROYAL Well Shane Long missing the last meaningful friendly and Joao benched, anything familiar happening?

Are you panicking about the season already? Are you ok? You need help?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Jul 2022 16:30

NathStPaul
windermereROYAL Well Shane Long missing the last meaningful friendly and Joao benched, anything familiar happening?

Are you panicking about the season already? Are you ok? You need help?

No.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jul 2022 16:49

Think someone said Fornah had gone off with a cut leg too. Wonder if Reading will have enough senior professionals for next week at this rate.

808 posts