Squad Watch 2022/23

1554 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Squad Watch 2022/23

by windermereROYAL » 26 Jun 2022 13:46

I used to kind of play back in the day, laid on more balls than Britt Ekland and sold more dummies than Mothercare, bit over the hill now though

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Jun 2022 14:01

Hound
SCIAG Team for first game of the season:

RoyalBlue
Ian, Millsy, Lower West, FDTW
Paul, South Coast, Jimmy, Seth
Nameless, Leon

Seth has to do all the running.

Ouch, that’s a proper low for me. Can’t even break into that team

Isn’t Vic about 70 as well?

Samesies. I played local league football for Endsleigh and Cheltenham Civil Service I will have you know.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Jun 2022 14:46

So if you're Franz Carr, I'm probably Julian Dicks. Man or ball, both are fair game.

The high point of my career was probably playing for Thames Water in the Swindon & District Sunday League.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jun 2022 14:58

Hound

RoyalBlue
Nameless, Leon

You can have my slot. I'm proper shit.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jun 2022 15:55

Snowflake Royal
Hound

RoyalBlue
Nameless, Leon

You can have my slot.

Don’t get an offer like that every day

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Jun 2022 16:22

RoyalBlue
Nameless, Leon

I have dislocated my knee 3 times so you can count on me to fill the injury quota for the season.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Jun 2022 16:45

I'm carrying a bit of timber so I could play the Mattheu Manset role of being absolutely fcuked after 20 minutes.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Jun 2022 16:46

St Pauli as manager (gift of the gab, an’all that….lead by democracy, brothers)

Brendy as physio (his gentle bass playing hands would give a nice massage for those that enjoy that kind’ve thing). Could always throttle the unwanted.

Spizz as kit-man and bottom of the pile/last resort utility substitute (ex Frilsham & Yattendon, FHT Stainless, The Plough, Debenhams, Eagle FC) I was shit…still am…just slower and even shitter.

Frimmers as our very own Ken Bailey mascot (complete with patriotic union jax), might finally get that OBE that he craves.

Brogue as groundsman…..he knows how to take care and tame a ‘Green’

DD - catering…craft orange slices at half time.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Jun 2022 18:55

Snowflake Royal
72 bus
SouthDownsRoyal
Connor Wickham can replace them?

53 goals in 265 games would suggest not.

Actually, in many ways Wickham would be a like for like replacement for Puscas. In that he neither plays nor scores much.

ALOL

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 27 Jun 2022 15:26

Reading Football Club are pleased to announce the arrival of 31-year-old Australian goalkeeper Dean Bouzanis who has signed a three-year contract with the Royals.

The 6’2” stopper becomes our second goalkeeping addition of the summer, following the arrival of Joe Lumley on loan from Middlesbrough earlier this month. The Sydney-born stopper will provide further competition for the first team gloves in 2022-23.

Head of Football Operations, Mark Bowen, said: “I’m delighted we have been able to acquire the services of a goalkeeper with Dean’s ability and add him to a group who will benefit from his additional experience between the posts. We now have great strength in depth in a position in the team which will be so important to get right this season. I’m pleased to welcome Dean to the club.”

Born in Sydney, Bouzanis arrived in English football at the age of 16 when he joined the youth ranks at Liverpool in 2007. During four years at Anfield, he featured for the Under-18s and reserve side on Merseyside whilst also enjoying a loan spell back in his home city with Sydney FC.

His professional debut came during a loan stint with Accrington, keeping a clean sheet in his first start for League Two’s Stanley in a 2-0 win at Burton Albion in December 2009. And he left Liverpool to join Oldham in 2011, going on to make 50 starts as a Latic.

After short spells with Greek side Aris FC, at Carlisle United and then as a Western Sydney Wanderer, Bouzanis established himself as a first choice keeper at Melbourne City – making his A-League debut for the club when coming off the bench to stand in for the red-carded former Sunderland, Aston Villa and Stoke City stopper Thomas Sørensen in 2017.

He was also the man between the posts and keeping a clean sheet when Melbourne won their first-ever silverware - an FFA Cup Final win over Sydney FC courtesy of a winner from Tim Cahill.

A spell in Holland working under former Royals boss Jaap Stam at PEC Zwolle led to a return to UK shores with his partner, Arsenal Women left-back Steph Catley, in 2020 when he signed for Sutton United.

18 clean sheets later and Dean was celebrating a title win and promotion to the EFL for the first time in the club’s 123-year-history.

A former Greece and Australia youth international, Bouzanis made 53 appearances in Sutton’s first ever season in League Two – helping the newcomers achieve an eight-place finish and fall just short of a play-off berth last season.

Now he is a Royal. Welcome to Reading, Dean.

Manager Paul Ince, said “Dean is a goalkeeper who I know will put his body on the line and throw everything into keeping the ball out of the net for this football club. He becomes part of what is now a solid-looking goalkeeping department, led by the hugely experienced Tony Warner, and I am confident he will be a real asset to the club this season and beyond.”

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/27/dean-bouzanis-added-to-goalkeeping-options-in-rg2/

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 Jun 2022 15:33

Seems like our goalkeeping position is sorted now for the season then with Lumley and Bouzanis being the 2 vying for a first team place, seems like Southwood will be shown the door or a 3rd choice option and maybe CBC and Andresson will go out on loan for valuable experience.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Jun 2022 15:38

YorkshireRoyal99 Seems like our goalkeeping position is sorted now for the season then with Lumley and Bouzanis being the 2 vying for a first team place, seems like Southwood will be shown the door or a 3rd choice option and maybe CBC and Andresson will go out on loan for valuable experience.

If Southwood stays, I would imagine both Andrésson and CBC go on loan, if Southwood leaves I would expect only 1 to go as they'll need one of them for the u21s.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 27 Jun 2022 15:43

AthleticoSpizz St Pauli as manager (gift of the gab, an’all that….lead by democracy, brothers)

Brendy as physio (his gentle bass playing hands would give a nice massage for those that enjoy that kind’ve thing). Could always throttle the unwanted.

Spizz as kit-man and bottom of the pile/last resort utility substitute (ex Frilsham & Yattendon, FHT Stainless, The Plough, Debenhams, Eagle FC) I was shit…still am…just slower and even shitter.

Frimmers as our very own Ken Bailey mascot (complete with patriotic union jax), might finally get that OBE that he craves.

Brogue as groundsman…..he knows how to take care and tame a ‘Green’

DD - catering…craft orange slices at half time.

Oooh oooh - can I be Goalie coach / warmer-upper?! I don't know anything about the position - but I have some very tight shorts, a decent sized wang - and absolutely LOVE volleying the ball out of my hands as hard as i fcuking can!

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Jun 2022 15:44

Great news that we have signed another goalkeeper, just what we needed

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 27 Jun 2022 15:49

NathStPaul Great news that we have signed another goalkeeper, just what we needed

Bouzanis is very good on the ball apparently so he might be signing to play in midfield. He can battle it out with Tom McIntyre

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Jun 2022 16:09

expecting Southwood out the door very soon then, wonder if we will get a fee for him
Last edited by Brogue on 27 Jun 2022 16:11, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jun 2022 16:11

YorkshireRoyal99 Seems like our goalkeeping position is sorted now for the season then with Lumley and Bouzanis being the 2 vying for a first team place, seems like Southwood will be shown the door or a 3rd choice option and maybe CBC and Andresson will go out on loan for valuable experience.

Yeah wasn’t sure about this but happy enough with it. Cheap and again another big keeper for if Lumley is useless

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Jun 2022 16:15

Brogue expecting Southwood out the door very soon then, wonder if we will get a fee for him

Would imagine so if there is still 12 months left on his deal.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 27 Jun 2022 16:16

RG30
Reading Football Club are pleased to announce the arrival of 31-year-old Australian goalkeeper Dean Bouzanis who has signed a three-year contract with the Royals.

The 6’2” stopper becomes our second goalkeeping addition of the summer, following the arrival of Joe Lumley on loan from Middlesbrough earlier this month. The Sydney-born stopper will provide further competition for the first team gloves in 2022-23.

Head of Football Operations, Mark Bowen, said: “I’m delighted we have been able to acquire the services of a goalkeeper with Dean’s ability and add him to a group who will benefit from his additional experience between the posts. We now have great strength in depth in a position in the team which will be so important to get right this season. I’m pleased to welcome Dean to the club.”

Born in Sydney, Bouzanis arrived in English football at the age of 16 when he joined the youth ranks at Liverpool in 2007. During four years at Anfield, he featured for the Under-18s and reserve side on Merseyside whilst also enjoying a loan spell back in his home city with Sydney FC.

His professional debut came during a loan stint with Accrington, keeping a clean sheet in his first start for League Two’s Stanley in a 2-0 win at Burton Albion in December 2009. And he left Liverpool to join Oldham in 2011, going on to make 50 starts as a Latic.

After short spells with Greek side Aris FC, at Carlisle United and then as a Western Sydney Wanderer, Bouzanis established himself as a first choice keeper at Melbourne City – making his A-League debut for the club when coming off the bench to stand in for the red-carded former Sunderland, Aston Villa and Stoke City stopper Thomas Sørensen in 2017.

He was also the man between the posts and keeping a clean sheet when Melbourne won their first-ever silverware - an FFA Cup Final win over Sydney FC courtesy of a winner from Tim Cahill.

A spell in Holland working under former Royals boss Jaap Stam at PEC Zwolle led to a return to UK shores with his partner, Arsenal Women left-back Steph Catley, in 2020 when he signed for Sutton United.

18 clean sheets later and Dean was celebrating a title win and promotion to the EFL for the first time in the club’s 123-year-history.

A former Greece and Australia youth international, Bouzanis made 53 appearances in Sutton’s first ever season in League Two – helping the newcomers achieve an eight-place finish and fall just short of a play-off berth last season.

Now he is a Royal. Welcome to Reading, Dean.

Manager Paul Ince, said “Dean is a goalkeeper who I know will put his body on the line and throw everything into keeping the ball out of the net for this football club. He becomes part of what is now a solid-looking goalkeeping department, led by the hugely experienced Tony Warner, and I am confident he will be a real asset to the club this season and beyond.”

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/27/dean-bouzanis-added-to-goalkeeping-options-in-rg2/

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 Jun 2022 16:19

Hound

Yeah wasn’t sure about this but happy enough with it. Cheap and again another big keeper for if Lumley is useless

Agree, glad to see we've addressed these issues early enough and will be a cheap option with vast experience, albeit lower league football. Sam Walker esque signing really.

Now time to start moving forward and sorting out other positions.

1554 posts