Squad Watch 2022/23

1554 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Squad Watch 2022/23

by Zip » 29 Jun 2022 19:42

NathStPaul Are they arms or legs?

I know things are tough at Reading FC but I’m hoping the squad will have both.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jun 2022 19:52

Seems to be contentious, but arms are legit

https://www.jotscroll.com/octopus-tentacles-or-octopus-arms

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 29 Jun 2022 20:06

Let’s hope our squad doesn’t have such a soft underbelly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Jun 2022 20:23

+1 for anyone who can fart out ink like that though

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Jun 2022 20:49

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
There is no evidence that we can spend money either and there are many reports from various different journalists suggesting that we can't either, that's all I'm going off as that's all we really know at the moment.

It may be very obvious in some cases, but in some other cases, i.e. depending on the value of the transfer, signing on fee, agent fees, clauses etc that will change in negotiations, it may not be as simple as that which may delay transfers further.

Also just because we are operating to our plan doesn't mean we can go and spend anything either because we (as in us as fans) won't know what our profit/loss will be until the next set of accounts.

The agreed plan makes it clear there is an avenue that allows us to spend money.
Just cause a poor journalist doesn’t know what he is talking about doesn’t change that.
As for not being able to spend because ‘we’ don’t know what is in the accounts, what does that even mean ? The club and FA will know on a daily basis what is in the accounts, and it’s irrelevant whether we know or not. As a club we will know what criteria the EFL will use to decide if we can spend money. It may well dictate what out going business we do, if we need to raise 5 million to be able to spend a million it may not be worth selling anyone.

Possibly some wires being crossed here, I'm suggesting at this moment, it doesn't appear as if we can spend money given by what the reports are, whether you think they are poor or not is subjective ultimately, but that's what has been reported in our current situation.

I'm not suggesting as us fans have a right to know, but I'm saying that we won't know unless the club says otherwise and wouldn't be able to have any idea until our accounts are published. Of course I know the club and EFL will know, but they won't make that public knowledge, which was my point.

We know we are currently meeting the terms of the agreement. We are on target to achieve compliance by the end of the season.
It’s reasonable to assume the business plan doesn’t include generating significant sums from player sales.
Therefore given the agreement doesn’t bar us from paying fees it’s reasonable to assume that should we generate income from sales we will get permission to spend some of it.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 29 Jun 2022 21:10

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
The agreed plan makes it clear there is an avenue that allows us to spend money.
Just cause a poor journalist doesn’t know what he is talking about doesn’t change that.
As for not being able to spend because ‘we’ don’t know what is in the accounts, what does that even mean ? The club and FA will know on a daily basis what is in the accounts, and it’s irrelevant whether we know or not. As a club we will know what criteria the EFL will use to decide if we can spend money. It may well dictate what out going business we do, if we need to raise 5 million to be able to spend a million it may not be worth selling anyone.

Possibly some wires being crossed here, I'm suggesting at this moment, it doesn't appear as if we can spend money given by what the reports are, whether you think they are poor or not is subjective ultimately, but that's what has been reported in our current situation.

I'm not suggesting as us fans have a right to know, but I'm saying that we won't know unless the club says otherwise and wouldn't be able to have any idea until our accounts are published. Of course I know the club and EFL will know, but they won't make that public knowledge, which was my point.

We know we are currently meeting the terms of the agreement. We are on target to achieve compliance by the end of the season.
It’s reasonable to assume the business plan doesn’t include generating significant sums from player sales.
Therefore given the agreement doesn’t bar us from paying fees it’s reasonable to assume that should we generate income from sales we will get permission to spend some of it.

Yeah I know, we are on the same page here. It doesn't seem like we need to sell to comply with our business plan, although may have to in order to be able to invest. There are reports that suggest otherwise though, saying we won't be able to spend, even if we sold. So it's all a bit cloudy at the moment.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jun 2022 23:15

Hound +1 for anyone who can fart out ink like that though

Linekar gave it a go and failed. But could be a good way for a striker to lose their marker.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Jun 2022 09:09

Zip
Hound
SCIAG Team for first game of the season:

RoyalBlue
Ian, Millsy, Lower West, FDTW
Paul, South Coast, Jimmy, Seth
Nameless, Leon

Seth has to do all the running.

Ouch, that’s a proper low for me. Can’t even break into that team

Isn’t Vic about 70 as well?

Samesies. I played local league football for Endsleigh and Cheltenham Civil Service I will have you know.

We can’t afford those sorts of wages. Or luxury players of any sort. Need a team who won’t be distracted by trivialities like “the ball” and will instead focus on kicking the opposition and motivating each other through criticism and booing.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 30 Jun 2022 10:47

Not sure if already mentioned but Shane Long signs for 2 years apparently according to Eddie ITK.

I think provided wages are not too high that is a good move for us.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Jun 2022 10:47

andrew1957 Not sure if already mentioned but Shane Long signs for 2 years apparently according to Eddie ITK.

It was a fake Eddie account... We are coming up to the summer holidays, expect a lot of fake accounts to start popping up.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Jun 2022 10:50

andrew1957 Not sure if already mentioned but Shane Long signs for 2 years apparently according to Eddie ITK.

Happy with that to be honest. Think a step down would be good for both parties and good to have a likeable, experienced character around the club again, think it's one that fans would be pleased with to have someone with a close attachment to the club to come back in and hopefully he can offer us something.

Surely it means there is some movement in a Joao/Puscas deal then to whoever potentially, unless we are bringing in a 3rd striker as we plan to play with a 2 up top which would be fine as well.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 30 Jun 2022 10:50

NathStPaul

It was a fake Eddie account... We are coming up to the summer holidays, expect a lot of fake accounts to start popping up.

:oops: Shame - it would be nice if we actually signed someone other than a goalie.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jun 2022 10:51

andrew1957
NathStPaul

:oops: Shame - it would be nice if we actually signed someone other than a goalie.

Like Tom Ince? :wink:

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 30 Jun 2022 10:52

Hendo
andrew1957
NathStPaul It was a fake Eddie account... We are coming up to the summer holidays, expect a lot of fake accounts to start popping up.

Ok was not really counting him as I meant someone who was not already playing for us last season.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Jun 2022 10:53

Positive news

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Jun 2022 10:53

Oh didn't realise it was a fake account if that's the case.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jun 2022 10:55

SCIAG
Zip
Hound
Ouch, that’s a proper low for me. Can’t even break into that team

Isn’t Vic about 70 as well?

Samesies. I played local league football for Endsleigh and Cheltenham Civil Service I will have you know.

We can’t afford those sorts of wages. Or luxury players of any sort. Need a team who won’t be distracted by trivialities like “the ball” and will instead focus on kicking the opposition and motivating each other through criticism and booing.

Fair enough. I would want to spend time kicking my own team mates

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Jun 2022 10:57

andrew1957
Hendo
andrew1957

Ok was not really counting him as I meant someone who was not already playing for us last season.

Heard we are really close to signing Turkey under 21 Yamas Dildo.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jun 2022 11:01

NathStPaul

Yep there was one yesterday called ReadingITK that posted that we had offered deals to Robbie Brady, Korey Smith and some Norweigian striker - was all plausible accept they also included the name Ilya Kutepov - who is a Russian CB. Going to be a long few weeks wading through crap of various levels of plausability.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Jun 2022 11:03

Stranded
NathStPaul

Yep there was one yesterday called ReadingITK that posted that we had offered deals to Robbie Brady, Korey Smith and some Norweigian striker - was all plausible accept they also included the name Ilya Kutepov - who is a Russian CB. Going to be a long few weeks wading through crap of various levels of plausability.

Shame that I wouldn't have minded that either, bar the Russian CB. :lol:

1554 posts