New Coaches

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New Coaches

by Nameless » 24 Jun 2022 14:26

Zip
Whore Jackie
Hound
He had a lot of coaches but zero support from above. But he was a poor manager certainly

I don’t think that looks too heavy at all. The academy coaches are focussed on getting the best out of one of our most impt assets (they won’t be paid tons either)

Then Ince, his right hand man and a fresh new coach in charge of the first team

Bowen, his trusted mate assisting him and someone looking after recruitment on the general running of the club

That’s a proper structure finally with some accountability

Agreed.

Believe Gilkes is the overall head of the Academy. Hunt in charge of the U23s and transitioning those to the first team. Ledge co-runs U18s.

Ok that makes sense.

Ledge was responsible for monitoring players out on loan, and possibly identifying loan opportunities. I would guess this would now be under Eddie ?
Presumably player development runs across the whole club from youngsters to first team
?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jun 2022 14:32

I think it’s just a title to get Eddie a job tbh

No bad thing as such, think he is a positive to have around the place. Charlie Adam liked him at least!

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 24 Jun 2022 15:22

Would like to see a mention of scouts and whether we actually have any!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jun 2022 15:36

James Bittner has decided not to take on the role in the Academy he was offered following the arrivel of Tony Warner and has therefore been mutual consented out of the club.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Jun 2022 15:58

Stranded James Bittner has decided not to take on the role in the Academy he was offered following the arrivel of Tony Warner and has therefore been mutual consented out of the club.

We seem to have a bit of a habit of downgrading staff, Bowen from manager back to Sporting Director which saw him leave initially and now Bitter from first team to academy, so he can fully understand why he's left. Best of luck to him in the future.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jun 2022 16:05

After the quality of our keeping last season, can’t say this is one that particularly disappoints me

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 04 Jul 2022 12:52

Whore Jackie Believe Gilkes is the overall head of the Academy. Hunt in charge of the U23s and transitioning those to the first team. Ledge co-runs U18s.

Interesting to see where Antoine Thompson from Cheltenham fits into that Academy structure.

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/july/academy-director-antoine-thompson--departs-after-15-years/

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jul 2022 13:05

Not a coach but suggested today that Brian Carey turned down a similar job with Everton to come to us. Kia is apparently heavily involved with Everton's recruitment so could be a suggestion that he is not as involved with us anymore, in line with Bowen's comments.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 04 Jul 2022 20:36

Whore Jackie
Whore Jackie Believe Gilkes is the overall head of the Academy. Hunt in charge of the U23s and transitioning those to the first team. Ledge co-runs U18s.

Interesting to see where Antoine Thompson from Cheltenham fits into that Academy structure.

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/july/academy-director-antoine-thompson--departs-after-15-years/

Replaces Ben Marks - Head of Academy Operations & Psychology

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Jul 2022 13:42

On a lesser scale, i have seen it with my son, but having the right goalkeeping coach does make a massive difference. You would think they should know all the basics but at a higher level it is more than that. Goalkeepers and the team around them are of a different breed. They are very much removed from the core team in training and a team amongst themselves. They build up their own relationships and togetherness. Warner is well regarded so lets hope this has a real positive impact.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2022 14:07

Surely that's all pretty obvious.

Keepers have different skills and require a different type of fitness.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Jul 2022 14:39

Snowflake Royal Surely that's all pretty obvious.

Centre backs have different skills and require different type of fitness to wingers....

It makes sense that keepers are utterly different to outfield player in many more ways than just technique and therefore having absolutely the right coach can make more difference to them as individuals.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 05 Jul 2022 15:42

good that we have got some bodies in on the coaching side but I would priortise player bodies, was it walt whitman who said a coach has never scored a goal

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Jul 2022 15:54

Gus the teenage cow good that we have got some bodies in on the coaching side but I would priortise player bodies, was it walt whitman who said a coach has never scored a goal

What about player-coaches?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Jul 2022 15:58

You would think but perhaps it isnt for some.

Point i am making is that a decent coach can bring out the best in a keeper. We have been really poor with our keepers on a matchday for awhile now, so rightly attention should be drawn to the coaching setup, how they are training etc etc.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Jul 2022 16:46

I think it depends how involved your keepers are in the build up phase, particularly from goal kicks. So I think a goalkeepers training can be much more flexible these days rather than just being separated from the pack and going off to do their own thing.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2022 18:33

paultheroyal

You would think but perhaps it isnt for some.

Point i am making is that a decent coach can bring out the best in a keeper. We have been really poor with our keepers on a matchday for awhile now, so rightly attention should be drawn to the coaching setup, how they are training etc etc.

To be fair I play with a guy who was a borderline semi pro keeper.

Good coaches are hugely important fosho.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 06 Jul 2022 10:59

paultheroyal
Point i am making is that a decent coach can bring out the best in a keeper.

Interesting idea, I wonder if we've considered doing this with the outfield players too.