Tom Ince - Confirmed

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Tom Ince - Confirmed

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jun 2022 21:54

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal My recollection is that it was a front three, with him right, Baldock left and someone else.

Looking at his goals in 18/19 it looks to be a mix of him, mainly with Baldock, and then usually one of McCleary, Barrow, Bodvarsson, Ejaria or Oliveira.

So could well have been the central one. I don't think he'd have been playing with his back to goal much though either way.

On Ince, typical modern winger. Wants to cut inside and shoot. No one really wants to provide any more.

"Thats for fullbacks".

Is Meite best with his back to goal? I always think of him more as a player who needs a bit of space and a foolish LB to underestimate how strong he is.
That's the exact opposite of what I've been saying. He's baaaaad with back to goal. Get him attacking crosses, charging in behind or running at people

Oh. Then I'm with you. His turning circle is laaaaarge.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jun 2022 21:54

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Ince has said about himself "I am not a traditional winger who looks to get crosses in" I believe. He's an inside forward by default given he's not really an out and out striker. I agree Meite is better as a wide forward or winger but I seem to recall him asking to play centrally.

All this is due to me thinking a back 3 makes so much sense for us this coming season with Yiadom being far superior as a wing back and Holmes and McIntyre needing a bit of cover as CBs. That would ideally lead to a 3-4-1-2 in my head meaning something like this:

-------------------Lumley
-------Holmes--Dann--McIntyre
Yiadom----------------------------NEWLB
-------------Tetek?----NEWCM
--------------------Ejaria
------------Meite---------Joao

Which kinda works? On paper? I guess?

I'll renew my objection that Holmes, McIntyre, Dann is way to slow for that. They either sit deep and get run at, which they can't handle, or stay high and get beaten by pace in behind.

And Yiadom doesn't want to cross, and we've just signed a quick winger who is the manager's son, so you know he'll play.

If we had a different defence and weren't allergic to crossing, sure.

I accept that completely, however, I'd rather have 3 slow CBs than 2. Andy started to cross in Ince's last few games.. he might be capable of it if we can keep Joao in the oxf*rd box..

I'll renew my objection that Ince is a terrible signing that should never have been made.

Ok, but less so than Dann.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jun 2022 21:55

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal I'll renew my objection that Holmes, McIntyre, Dann is way to slow for that. They either sit deep and get run at, which they can't handle, or stay high and get beaten by pace in behind.

And Yiadom doesn't want to cross, and we've just signed a quick winger who is the manager's son, so you know he'll play.

If we had a different defence and weren't allergic to crossing, sure.

I accept that completely, however, I'd rather have 3 slow CBs than 2. Andy started to cross in Ince's last few games.. he might be capable of it if we can keep Joao in the oxf*rd box..

I'll renew my objection that Ince is a terrible signing that should never have been made.

Something something leadership, something something experience..

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jun 2022 21:56

Hound
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Anyone remember an interview with Pauno where he said Meite asked to play centrally?

Seth!!!!!

Was Bowen wasn't it. And scored a couple from the wing the next game and Bowen said that should shut him up for a couple of weeks.

Yep welcome back Seth :)

:D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jun 2022 21:56

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth I accept that completely, however, I'd rather have 3 slow CBs than 2. Andy started to cross in Ince's last few games.. he might be capable of it if we can keep Joao in the oxf*rd box..

Something something 35,something something lead legs, something something distinctly average, something something rarely fit.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jun 2022 21:58

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Ok, but less so than Dann.

Something something 35,something something lead legs, something something distinctly average, something something rarely fit.

Oh I'm with you. Would rather have that fella from Everton on loan again.

Edit: would rather have Liam Moore...

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 Jun 2022 07:26

NewCorkSeth Anyone remember an interview with Pauno where he said Meite asked to play centrally?

SETH?