Sarr and Loum

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Sarr and Loum

by Hound » 05 Aug 2022 19:22

Suspect he’d take a small reduction of it meant being paid up front and free to find another club

Talking 15-20% tops.

Regarding Sarr reckon they thought they’d got rid of Puscas but maybe the buying club pulled out or other clubs became interested which Puscas would prefer to go to

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Aug 2022 19:22

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal

It’s not in any way his ‘fault’ !
He had every right to negotiate the best deal he could.
If I’m selling a house and someone offers £100k over the asking price then it’s not MY fault if they’ve over paid....

Bollox we didn’t just offer him a ~50% payrise out of the blue.

Show me someone who'll happily demand to be paid 50% - 100% or more than his colleagues doing the same job, at a rate he knows the business can't afford at the level it operates, and I'll show you a massive pcunt.

That's what he was worth at the time. There was Premier League interest who would pay that and would be playing at a level that he deserved to be playing at as well. It's our fault for offering him the deal and the length of time, the player is entitled to ask for what they want.

Hopefully we can get him moved on (as well as Puscas) as quickly as possible so we can finally push some deals through. Removing £45k~ from our weekly wage bill would be a massive help in bringing in at least another 3/4 players this window with some to spare in January I'd think.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2022 19:26

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
Nameless
If I’m selling a house and someone offers £100k over the asking price then it’s not MY fault if they’ve over paid....

Show me someone who'll happily demand to be paid 50% - 100% or more than his colleagues doing the same job, at a rate he knows the business can't afford at the level it operates, and I'll show you a massive pcunt.

That's what he was worth at the time. There was Premier League interest who would pay that and would be playing at a level that he deserved to be playing at as well. It's our fault for offering him the deal and the length of time, the player is entitled to ask for what they want.

Hopefully we can get him moved on (as well as Puscas) as quickly as possible so we can finally push some deals through. Removing £45k~ from our weekly wage bill would be a massive help in bringing in at least another 3/4 players this window with some to spare in January I'd think.

Clearly he wasn't worth it, or he'd have performed better. Brighton lucked out that our owner is an idiot.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Aug 2022 19:32

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Bollox we didn’t just offer him a ~50% payrise out of the blue.

Clearly he wasn't worth it, or he'd have performed better. Brighton lucked out that our owner is an idiot.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though. It was stupidity on our part, I'd have said that at the time and even now, but clearly our owners thought we were going to be a PL team in the short-term and we were going to keep one of our best players (at the time) in the long-term as well.

I'm not so sure you can argue against paying a player what he was worth, the problem was the club paying it in the position we were in.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Aug 2022 19:40

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal

You’ve utterly lost the plot here.
Completely unjustified (and unsupported) accusations that simply fly in the face of how salary negotiations work.
Moore might be one of the many things you hate about our club but not seen you so bitter and twisted about things before.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Aug 2022 20:13

Vaguely interesting but Brighton have made very few cock ups in the transfer market in recent years. That Iranian cf flopped but other than that…

Very much a sliding doors moment for both our club and Moore’s own career that. Massive shame for both parties in the end

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Aug 2022 20:17

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal

At the time we had top flight aspirations so he would not have realised the potential financial implications for the club.
Besides he's a footballer and not an economist

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Aug 2022 22:03

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal

We pretty much did. He was offered X at Brighton, we wouldn't sell and made ir clear we wanted him to sign a new deal. Moore knew what he was "worth" in the market so said I want to earn what I could earn there.

Now the club could have gone, that's a PL wage, we can write it in the deal that on promotion you'll get X but for now here is a payrise anyway. We also didn't need to offer 5 years. But we didn't and we did.

It was a stupid decision by a stupid owner of a stupid club but Moore is not at fault, his only look out, rightly is his career and earning potential. There will be very few players at their peak, as he was, who would turn down the offer we made.

We arenow stuck with the consequences of those follies.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2022 21:18

Loum deal and visa sorted according to JLow

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Aug 2022 21:30

Hound Loum deal and visa sorted according to JLow

Good news Houndy

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2022 21:32

Zip
Hound Loum deal and visa sorted according to JLow

Good news Houndy

It certainly is

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2022 21:37

Club still hopeful Sarr will be done this week but who knows.

Great news on Loum, expect he'll get minutes tomorrow, if not a start.