Loafer Ince out

There a thread for that m14

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Rotherham United (a)

by Hound » 13 Aug 2022 16:09

SouthDownsRoyal
Brogue Lumley continues in goal for the second half

Quite right. It would ruin his confidence to take him off.

We have lost anyway so who cares who is in goal for the second half.

Yeah of course you don’t take him off. Won’t help anyone that

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2022 16:09

SouthDownsRoyal

Have you not seen how he's reacted? His confidence is gone and he could easily throw another couple in the net. Not going to help his confidence is it. Even if he keeps a second half clean sheet, there's no way that helps.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 13 Aug 2022 16:09

Unfortunately, when league rules force you to try to build a squad almost from scratch, with a very low budget, part of which is taken up by high paid players who aren't even in the squad, you are almost beaten before you start.

I'd say this squad has more chance of ending with under 30 points than over 40.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2022 16:10

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Yeah he's been shit. But the fact our defensive shape is so fragile a simple long ball is enough to carve us apart 4 times is crazy. What are Holmes and Guinness-Walker doing when they ball is played over the top??

Well Guiness-Walker is in their half because Ince is playing wingbacks. In his defence, unlike Gomes, he is at least playing a third centreback to make up for it. But sadly, exactly as I previously described, you can't play that way with slow centre backs because you either play excessively deep or you get exposed in the channels when you player higher.

Holmes is just as slow as McIntyre, and for balls into the Rotherham right channel is further away than McIntyre.

A wingback should absolutely be further forward but only when opposition possession is in their own half. He's much too far forward when they have the ball in good range for a ball over the top.

That's the system

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Aug 2022 16:10

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Yeah he's been shit. But the fact our defensive shape is so fragile a simple long ball is enough to carve us apart 4 times is crazy. What are Holmes and Guinness-Walker doing when they ball is played over the top??

Well Guiness-Walker is in their half because Ince is playing wingbacks. In his defence, unlike Gomes, he is at least playing a third centreback to make up for it. But sadly, exactly as I previously described, you can't play that way with slow centre backs because you either play excessively deep or you get exposed in the channels when you player higher.

Holmes is just as slow as McIntyre, and for balls into the Rotherham right channel is further away than McIntyre.

A wingback should absolutely be further forward but only when opposition possession is in their own half. He's much too far forward when they have the ball in good range for a ball over the top.

Assume that’s what cardiff kept trying to do last week - not very well tbh. Kept trying to hit it over the cbs heads

Hope Sarr has some pace about him

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Aug 2022 16:10

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Hound Just from the goals McIntyre deserves almost as much as Lumley.

Yeah he's been shit. But the fact our defensive shape is so fragile a simple long ball is enough to carve us apart 4 times is crazy. What are Holmes and Guinness-Walker doing when they ball is played over the top??

All a bit trivial now but, did we just set up wrong to begin with i.e. formation? (Obviously the answer is yes).

Forgetting how high or not the defence should be, Hoilett playing RWB again when we could play with a natural enough back 4 (Yiadom, Holmes, McIntyre, NGW) and push Hoilett and Ince wide and Long through the middle. Seems a bit square pegs in round holes really, I'm all for a bit of consistency, but sometimes just going back to basics and putting players back into their natural positions could have helped.

Won't have impacted much because Rotherham have been bang at it and wanted it more in every department today and the momentum has absolutely dragged them through and, likewise, dragged us under.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Aug 2022 16:11

Loafer Ince out

He is mates with the owner. I can see him being here right up to the end when all is lost.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Aug 2022 16:11

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

That's the system

Well, it's dumb and I don't like it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Aug 2022 16:12

tmesis Unfortunately, when league rules force you to try to build a squad almost from scratch, with a very low budget, part of which is taken up by high paid players who aren't even in the squad, you are almost beaten before you start.

We’ll be fine if those injured players come back - still believe the same as I have all season - get Joao, Meite, Sarr, Hutch, Ejaria back in and we’ll be ok

Keep having 5 or 6 injuries and we’ll go down no doubts

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2022 16:12

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

All a bit trivial now but, did we just set up wrong to begin with i.e. formation? (Obviously the answer is yes).

Forgetting how high or not the defence should be, Hoilett playing RWB again when we could play with a natural enough back 4 (Yiadom, Holmes, McIntyre, NGW) and push Hoilett and Ince wide and Long through the middle. Seems a bit square pegs in round holes really, I'm all for a bit of consistency, but sometimes just going back to basics and putting players back into their natural positions could have helped.

Won't have impacted much because Rotherham have been bang at it and wanted it more in every department today and the momentum has absolutely dragged them through and, likewise, dragged us under.

All accurate and valid.

We seem to be set up to soak pressure and break. Which doesn't work if you concede in the first 10 minutes every game.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Aug 2022 16:12

Snowflake Royal
SouthDownsRoyal

Have you not seen how he's reacted? His confidence is gone and he could easily throw another couple in the net. Not going to help his confidence is it. Even if he keeps a second half clean sheet, there's no way that helps.

Works both ways though.

Not going to get any worse now, if he drops another 2 clangers then it's just as bad as the first 2 and we've lost the game as it is. Flip side is we don't concede anymore and he can make a couple of decent saves.

Bottom line is, after any shocker the last thing any player wants is to be thrown under a bus, particularly by management. Fans will say whatever, but it would hurt more if Ince and co lost faith entirely in him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2022 16:13

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth A wingback should absolutely be further forward but only when opposition possession is in their own half. He's much too far forward when they have the ball in good range for a ball over the top.

That's the system

Well, it's dumb and I don't like it.

You are correct.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Aug 2022 16:13

Hound
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

Assume that’s what cardiff kept trying to do last week - not very well tbh. Kept trying to hit it over the cbs heads

Hope Sarr has some pace about him

I'm not certain one CB can make a difference here. We don't have a proper LB..

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Aug 2022 16:14

@Woodley. You need to say “goal” five times in the second half please and preferably for goals at the Rotherham end.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2022 16:15

Zip @Woodley. You need to say “goal” five times in the second half please and preferably for goals at the Rotherham end.

GOAL!!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Aug 2022 16:15

Hound
tmesis Unfortunately, when league rules force you to try to build a squad almost from scratch, with a very low budget, part of which is taken up by high paid players who aren't even in the squad, you are almost beaten before you start.

We’ll be fine if those injured players come back - still believe the same as I have all season - get Joao, Meite, Sarr, Hutch, Ejaria back in and we’ll be ok

Keep having 5 or 6 injuries and we’ll go down no doubts

Yeah. Injuries key but the keeper situation is a big issue.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Aug 2022 16:16

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

All accurate and valid.

We seem to be set up to soak pressure and break. Which doesn't work if you concede in the first 10 minutes every game.

Said it the other day, slow starts and conceding first, we are going to lose far more than we win.

I don't mind what we are trying to do in principle, but if you don't have the resource to do it then just scrap it for a game. Today, we are struggling to field an XI of senior players, so play the XI we have in their natural positions and play a similar way, can try and get 3 players in Ince, Long and Hoilett, who will run and press the ball, to stop longer balls potentially or at least put pressure on which can benefit our defence.

They've had all the time in the world to pick their passes and we know they play long. Fair enough, squeeze the middle of the pitch against teams who want to play through the lines, but this lot won't no matter who they play, they don't have the personnel to do it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2022 16:17

Just inches outside the box.

Was there really no yellow there? Surely two?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Aug 2022 16:17

The CBs were nowhere or the 4th goal, he probably scores if he doesnt try to clear it. he could have taken the guy out but that would have been a red.

394 posts