BFTG Inspired - Rotherham (A) Match Review

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Inspiri genuonly ded - Rotherham (A) Match Review

by skipper » 13 Aug 2022 21:38

I genuinely don't get it though.

We have a fundermentally good squad.

Yeah, we've been oxf*rd for 2 seasons over injuries, but come on, fckin' give it some!!

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Inspired - Rotherham (A) Match Review

by fartdad » 13 Aug 2022 22:24

Ince is out of his depth

What an awful display of soccer

Get him out !!

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Inspiri genuonly ded - Rotherham (A) Match Review

by blythspartan » 13 Aug 2022 22:28

skipper I genuinely don't get it though.

We have a fundermentally good squad.

Yeah, we've been oxf*rd for 2 seasons over injuries, but come on, fckin' give it some!!

The trouble is half of them are injured. I just oxf*rd hope that we can scrape a few points this month and then go again after the international break. We have to eliminate conceding goals in the first 10 minutes as that’s killing us.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Aug 2022 11:54

Lower West
RoyalBlue No players prepared to talk to BBCRB apparently. Where's Yiadom?

Mis-communication apparantly. Holmes did come out. Nothing to see here.

Yes I heard Dellor explain later. He was far from impressed with the Club's Communications people who were the ones that told the media that no players would be made available for interview and I don't blame him. If we can't get things right on the pitch, at least get easy things off the pitch right!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Aug 2022 12:02

fartdad Ince is out of his depth

Get him out !!

What concerns me is that he seems like he's still acting as a pundit with his post match assessments, rather than as the manager. Like him, we can all see what's happening and going wrong. Unlike him, we're not employed to put it right!

Repeatedly conceding early goals, in the way that the team are, is unacceptable.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Aug 2022 13:00

RoyalBlue

Get him out !!

What concerns me is that he seems like he's still acting as a pundit with his post match assessments, rather than as the manager. Like him, we can all see what's happening and going wrong. Unlike him, we're not employed to put it right!

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter ( as some fans are attempting to do).

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 14 Aug 2022 13:07

Lower West

Did see Yiadom on Sheffield platform c6pm.... hope he avoided the Barnsley muppets who arrived back from Derby

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Aug 2022 13:36

Lower West
RoyalBlue

Get him out !!

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter ( as some fans are attempting to do).

You can polish a copralite. Maybe a freeze dried turd too.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 14 Aug 2022 14:27

Hound Last week we beat a team who have won their other 2 games. And beat them relatively comfortably

Shit happens, esp this early in the season with the players we have

Might be a few weeks before we win again mind you. Not optimistic about the next 2. 2 points would be good, 3 or more would be excellent

Never mind the 2 home games, what about Millwall away and Sheff Utd away after that?
Unless we get Sarr in can you see our defence coping with Jake Cooper in the air.

Worrying times already.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 14 Aug 2022 15:46

RoyalBlue
Lower West

Yes I heard Dellor explain later. He was far from impressed with the Club's Communications people who were the ones that told the media that no players would be made available for interview and I don't blame him. If we can't get things right on the pitch, at least get easy things off the pitch right!

Think that was the highlight of the match hearing Dellor and the head of comms going at it in the background while Gooding didn't know what to say. Williams had to quickly cut him off. Worth listening back on iplayer.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Aug 2022 16:29

South Coast Royal
Hound Last week we beat a team who have won their other 2 games. And beat them relatively comfortably

Shit happens, esp this early in the season with the players we have

Might be a few weeks before we win again mind you. Not optimistic about the next 2. 2 points would be good, 3 or more would be excellent

Never mind the 2 home games, what about Millwall away and Sheff Utd away after that?
Unless we get Sarr in can you see our defence coping with Jake Cooper in the air.

Worrying times already.

Depends on who we have really. You’d hope a team with Joao, Meite, Sarr, Holmes, Loum, McIntyre, Yiadom, Dann and Fornah wouldn’t struggle in the air against anyone, even millwall

But yeah 100% it’ll be a relatively tough run.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Aug 2022 17:15

I genuinely see us losing our next 4 now and I don't just say it to be negative. I just don't think our squad is good enough quality wise with the injuries we've got and the next 4 matches are vs teams who are better than Cardiff, Rotherham and Blackpool

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Aug 2022 17:23

Royal_jimmy I genuinely see us losing our next 4 now and I don't just say it to be negative. I just don't think our squad is good enough quality wise with the injuries we've got and the next 4 matches are vs teams who are better than Cardiff, Rotherham and Blackpool

Nothing to suggest Boro are better than Cardiff. Can see us losing the next 4 as well mind you

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Aug 2022 17:31

Hound
Royal_jimmy I genuinely see us losing our next 4 now and I don't just say it to be negative. I just don't think our squad is good enough quality wise with the injuries we've got and the next 4 matches are vs teams who are better than Cardiff, Rotherham and Blackpool

Nothing to suggest Boro are better than Cardiff. Can see us losing the next 4 as well mind you

Boro are nailed on top 6 in my opinion. Same squad but not Joe Lumley in goal holding them back. Cardiff are a mid table side. Not consistent enough

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 14 Aug 2022 17:35

Snowflake Royal
Fornah started badly as usual

Que?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Aug 2022 17:40

skipper
Snowflake Royal
Fornah started badly as usual

Que?

He was deep and anonymous first half against Blackpool.

Same for the first 20 odd minutes against Cardiff.

Similar against Rotherham... pretty much his first touch was a turnover.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Aug 2022 17:45

Reckon we will get a point out of the next 4. I hope.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Aug 2022 17:47

Hound

I think we can definitely get something from the Boro game provided we have the likes of Sarr and Hutchinson and assuming no new injuries

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Aug 2022 17:48

NewCorkSeth

Reckon we will get a point out of the next 4. I hope.

Not much better than 4 straight defeats. Can see us beating Stoke again mind you after that. They look a mess as much as us

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Aug 2022 17:50

I can already see the reaction to Sarr and Hutchinson coming in and failing to transform the side. That's a lot of eggs people are throwing in some fairly weak baskets.

It is currently 19 Mar 2024 11:44