MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (h)

145 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (h)

by Hendo » 18 Aug 2022 16:02

Steve_Upper_West Anyone know a good place to park near the ground, apart from the official car parks ? I previously used that plant hire place at the start of Bennet Road, but I am fairly sure they no longer do match day parking. Thanks in advance

Meeroak or Foster Wheeler P&R would be my suggestion - depending on which way you're coming to the ground.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 18 Aug 2022 16:30

Same again please after best team performance in many a year. Keep the chemistry and this team could surprise many a pundit.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 18 Aug 2022 16:49

Hendo
Steve_Upper_West Anyone know a good place to park near the ground, apart from the official car parks ? I previously used that plant hire place at the start of Bennet Road, but I am fairly sure they no longer do match day parking. Thanks in advance

Meeroak or Foster Wheeler P&R would be my suggestion - depending on which way you're coming to the ground.

Thanks Hendo........ what about the old Greyhound stadium, do they still do parking ?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Aug 2022 16:52

Steve_Upper_West
Hendo

Thanks Hendo........ what about the old Greyhound stadium, do they still do parking ?

Yes, but it now an official car park (I believe), so thought that was covered in your original post :)

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 18 Aug 2022 17:12

If you get there reasonably early, 2 ish, the charity place (SANA?) in Bennet Road just up from where you used to park on the other side is closer and £8.
It seems to have got on the horizon of visiting clubs - I got there shortly after 2 for the Cardiff game and it was full. Told by the guy on the gate that about 30 cars full of Taffs rolled up in convoy.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 18 Aug 2022 17:48

Is everyone forgetting when they say same team that Lumley can`t play !!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2022 18:03

Do we know he can't play?

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 18 Aug 2022 18:08

Hendo
Steve_Upper_West
Hendo

Yes, but it now an official car park (I believe), so thought that was covered in your original post :)

Old man has parked outside Europcar down commercial road fine for years.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Aug 2022 21:57

Snowflake Royal Do we know he can't play?

Believe Ince confirmed as much after last night's game.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Aug 2022 21:59

ayjaydee

If you get there reasonably early, 2 ish, the charity place (SANA?) in Bennet Road just up from where you used to park on the other side is closer and £8.
It seems to have got on the horizon of visiting clubs - I got there shortly after 2 for the Cardiff game and it was full. Told by the guy on the gate that about 30 cars full of Taffs rolled up in convoy.
’SARA’ (ftr, asthma charidee I believe)

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 19 Aug 2022 12:12

right, serious question. If Dann or Hutch are fit for Saturday, given the performance on Wednesday, who do you drop to allow Yids to play RWB again? Surely you can't drop Hoillett? Surely it's got to be between Hendrick and Fornah?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Aug 2022 12:17

3points right, serious question. If Dann or Hutch are fit for Saturday, given the performance on Wednesday, who do you drop to allow Yids to play RWB again? Surely you can't drop Hoillett? Surely it's got to be between Hendrick and Fornah?

Nope.

a) why would you change a back line which kept a clean sheet? Obviously the keeper is enforced.
b) they aren't going to be totally match fit, so would be fine with one or both of them on the bench

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 19 Aug 2022 12:34

Bench them - bring them on in the latter stages of games. Hutch can do the defensive midfield cover if needed. Dann can come on and get injured i suppose...better than Holmes or Tmac getting a knock late on.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2022 12:41

Yeah bench. Yiadom is a decent RCB. Bossed BBD on Wednesday

Be interesting if and when Sarr signs fully though. Also millwall away the week after - that’s be one id think of putting yids at RB and have Sarr, Dann or Hutchinson at CB

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Aug 2022 13:00

3points right, serious question. If Dann or Hutch are fit for Saturday, given the performance on Wednesday, who do you drop to allow Yids to play RWB again? Surely you can't drop Hoillett? Surely it's got to be between Hendrick and Fornah?

I would change nothing.

I liked the way we moved between 3, 4 and 5 at the back. They've just shown they're starting to be able to execute what Ince wants.

There is no one who warrants dropping.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2022 13:17

Sounds like Boro absolutely battered Stoke (who are shite mind you - what was Laurent thinking?)

Boro midfield looks tasty - McNair/Howson/Mowatt. Fair play if we can get on top of that trio. Will need a repeat performance from Loum, Hendrick and Fornah

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 19 Aug 2022 14:24

Thought it worth mentioning that there is a train strike on tomorrow and there are lot of trains not running into Reading

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2022 14:30

morganb Thought it worth mentioning that there is a train strike on tomorrow and there are lot of trains not running into Reading

It’s news when there isn’t a train strike atm

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Aug 2022 20:26

Hound Sounds like Boro absolutely battered Stoke (who are shite mind you - what was Laurent thinking?)

Boro midfield looks tasty - McNair/Howson/Mowatt. Fair play if we can get on top of that trio. Will need a repeat performance from Loum, Hendrick and Fornah

And we battered a team with a 100% record.

We have nothing to fear from Boro, they have shown a little fragility at the back. Our record against them is terrible, 1 win, 7 defeats in the last 8. So sensible head says away win.

I'll take a point and a decent performance.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Aug 2022 00:58

Tails 2-0 Reading! Hendricks and Joao 8)

Hi Tim Dellor.

145 posts