BFTG - Blackburn Home

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: BFTG - Blackburn Home

by RoyalBlue » 18 Aug 2022 12:06

The Real Sandhurst Royal Fantastic team performance that bought the fans into the game creating a brilliant atmosphere. Lumley's save at one nil was crucial as an equalizer would have been unjust when we should have been 2 or or 3 nil up.

Ince's delivery from corners with pace and great delivery threatened every time.
Loum, Fornah and Hendricks worked as a unit to close down, winning ball after ball to break up the play up.
Long worked his socks off up front, I hope he is not added to the injury list
Good to see Joao return with a goal already.

Paul Ince tuned an awful result at Rotherham around with this win.. Bring on Saturday for more of the same against a Boro who are still looking for their first win.

Only negative for me on the night was Keith Stroud's performance he has been poor for years.

I really should've realised from the clown's performance that it was him! Was never really in control of the game and players throughout. I lost count of how many times their 21 (Buckley) got away with blatant dissent as well as pushing and shoving our players in incidents off the ball. The most blatant example was when he shoved Yiadom in the chest with both hands, right in front of Stroud, when Yiadom came up (as captain) to highlight a bad foul that had just taken place.

Given how Blackburn clearly lost their heads at times and were blatantly trying to bully their way back into the game, it's astounding that they only picked up 2 yellows.

At least he evened out the clear penalty claims for both sides, I suppose.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Aug 2022 12:10

RoyalBlue
The Real Sandhurst Royal Fantastic team performance that bought the fans into the game creating a brilliant atmosphere. Lumley's save at one nil was crucial as an equalizer would have been unjust when we should have been 2 or or 3 nil up.

Ince's delivery from corners with pace and great delivery threatened every time.
Loum, Fornah and Hendricks worked as a unit to close down, winning ball after ball to break up the play up.

Paul Ince tuned an awful result at Rotherham around with this win.. Bring on Saturday for more of the same against a Boro who are still looking for their first win.

Only negative for me on the night was Keith Stroud's performance he has been poor for years.

I really should've realised from the clown's performance that it was him! Was never really in control of the game and players throughout. I lost count of how many times their 21 (Buckley) got away with blatant dissent as well as pushing and shoving our players in incidents off the ball. The most blatant example was when he shoved Yiadom in the chest with both hands, right in front of Stroud, when Yiadom came up (as captain) to highlight a bad foul that had just taken place.

Given how Blackburn clearly lost their heads at times and were blatantly trying to bully their way back into the game, it's astounding that they only picked up 2 yellows.

Why do referees get so obsessed by time wasting (which is a non event anyway given the time just gets added on anyway) but rarely crack down on dissent ?

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 18 Aug 2022 12:18

Refs need to get back to actually booking players who surround them. I thought this was a rule brought in a few seasons ago where only the captains could approach the ref along with the player in question.
Stroud last night was running the risk of losing control, borderline dangerous for our players knowing our injury record.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 18 Aug 2022 12:20

Absolutely brilliant performance. We were at it right from the off: in their faces, aggressive, high presses, quick transitions. Some of the stuff we played in the first half was a delight and we could have have been three up by half time. I saw enough of Loum from the Stevenage game to know that he would give us that athletic physicality and passing ability in a sorely needed area - what a cu nt of a player he must be to play against and some of his pinged passes were a joy to behold. Ince seems to have found a great balance in midfield and we absolutely dominated there all night. Fornah was superb on the left showing Ejaria-like skills at times, but done at pace. Fantastic assist for Joao and almost another for Holmes, who should have scored. Honestly, 6-0 would have flattered Rovers.

Also noticeable that the crowd really got behind the team as well and it helped generate a brilliant atmosphere. One of the best nights at the Madstad for a very, very long time.

Lumley 7
Yiadom 8
Holmes 8
McIntyre 8
Guinness-Walker 7
Ince 8.5
Hendrick 7
Loum 9
Fornah 9
Hoillet 8
Long 8

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Aug 2022 12:23

Ark Royal Absolutely brilliant performance. We were at it right from the off: in their faces, aggressive, high presses, quick transitions. Some of the stuff we played in the first half was a delight and we could have have been three up by half time. I saw enough of Loum from the Stevenage game to know that he would give us that athletic physicality and passing ability in a sorely needed area - what a cu nt of a player he must be to play against and some of his pinged passes were a joy to behold. Ince seems to have found a great balance in midfield and we absolutely dominated there all night. Fornah was superb on the left showing Ejaria-like skills at times, but done at pace. Fantastic assist for Joao and almost another for Holmes, who should have scored. Honestly, 6-0 would have flattered Rovers.

Also noticeable that the crowd really got behind the team as well and it helped generate a brilliant atmosphere. One of the best nights at the Madstad for a very, very long time.

Lumley 7
Yiadom 8
Holmes 8
McIntyre 8
Guinness-Walker 7
Ince 8.5
Hendrick 7
Loum 9
Fornah 9
Hoillet 8
Long 8

A big +1 to all of that apart from the Madstad reference

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Aug 2022 12:26

RoyalBlue

I am not Stroud's biggest fan and know him personally and his ego does match the saying "small man syndrome" - but...

i dont think he warrants too much criticism last night. For a bloke in his 50's he's still got an engine on him. He let alot go, apologised when mistake was made (advantage) - although drop ball given and his bookings were well timed.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Aug 2022 12:28

paultheroyal Combination of being my birthday and that performance meant I did not fall asleep till gone 3am last night. Tossing and turning and just could not sleep!

Forgot what that feeling was like.

Happy birthday! Hope Ian spoilt you rotten x

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Aug 2022 12:30

paultheroyal
RoyalBlue

I am not Stroud's biggest fan and know him personally and his ego does match the saying "small man syndrome" - but...

i dont think he warrants too much criticism last night. For a bloke in his 50's he's still got an engine on him. He let alot go, apologised when mistake was made (advantage) - although drop ball given and his bookings were well timed.

There were a number of times when one of our players won the ball with a tough tackle and he waved play on when I fully expected him to blow up for a foul. I thought he was ok.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Aug 2022 12:40

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Hell, 1 in 4 would be pretty tasty.

Thats 11 wins yeah? Might need a few more..

Well we won Cardiff as well.

Meant 11 wins total out of 46. Unless my math is off.. so 2 down 9 to go? I'm hoping for 15 wins this season to make sure we're safe.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2022 12:42

Pepe the Horseman
paultheroyal Combination of being my birthday and that performance meant I did not fall asleep till gone 3am last night. Tossing and turning and just could not sleep!

Forgot what that feeling was like.

Happy birthday! Hope Ian spoilt you rotten x

:lol:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Aug 2022 13:51

Couple of further talking points.

1- Holmes' dive with his little handbags with (?was it Gallagher can't remember) was embarrassing. Got him a yellow rightly. Having said that, as mentioned by someone above, good to see us playing hard, aggressive and dirty. None of this soft nice-boy stuff we're used to.

2 - Lumley's celebration at the other end of the pitch. What was it like down there, for peeps who were near? Hopefully good rapport and confidence building for the chap?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Aug 2022 14:08

How bad were Blackburn?!

I thought they were one of the worst teams to visit last season then they turn up with a non-league striker with 0 goals to his name up top, a 17 yr-old at the back (who was OK to be fair) and their better players; Dack and Gallagher on the bench. A mixture of arrogance and tactical ineptitude from a rookie manager. Mid-table for them again methinks.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 18 Aug 2022 15:13

https://fanbanter.co.uk/blackburn-fan-e ... ading-end/

blackburn fan jumps in the reading end
second video blackburn fan praising our fans

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 18 Aug 2022 15:18

I thought it was an exceptional performance and the best we've played in years too. The xG I see from Infogol had it 0.95-0.42 but I don't think it does us justice as we had 2 efforts cleared off the line and numerous other chances.

Loum and Fornah were brilliant in midfield and Ince was a constant menace with his work rate. Lumley's save at 1-0 was critical and should give him a huge confidence boost.

Atmosphere was brilliant for a crowd of 11/12k and the owner was in attendance. Don't think it could have gone much better really.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Aug 2022 15:42

Zip
paultheroyal
RoyalBlue

There were a number of times when one of our players won the ball with a tough tackle and he waved play on when I fully expected him to blow up for a foul. I thought he was ok.

Yes, our players were also guilty of some fouls too that he inexplicably missed or let go. And I laughed at his 'performance' on those occasions too. However, I still believe that the card count nowhere near reflects the thuggery demonstrated at times by some of the Blackburn players. And since when has a full force (largely unprovoked) shove with both hands in a player's chest, right in front of the ref, not warranted at least a yellow.

Other officials would have cracked down a lot quicker and firmer on the early scuffles, which would have discouraged the repeats we saw throughout last night's game.

I also dislike officials who use their whistles far more frequently than their voice when interacting with the players.

As far as I'm concerned he may still have an engine but it is quite clear his headlights aren't up to the job as he was clearly struggling with visibility.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Aug 2022 15:54

Card count was 5 to 2 - NGW and Lumley were for time wasting, so fairly balanced on that - Loum's was a totally needless one as well.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Aug 2022 16:03

Stranded Card count was 5 to 2 - NGW and Lumley were for time wasting, so fairly balanced on that - Loum's was a totally needless one as well.

Would argue that Holmes' was a bit needless as well.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Aug 2022 16:07

Hendo
Stranded Card count was 5 to 2 - NGW and Lumley were for time wasting, so fairly balanced on that - Loum's was a totally needless one as well.

Possibly but in the case of Loum, it was the 96th min and whilst it was good that he kept biting at the Blackburn player, he pushed it too far with the 3rd go at him which got him booked.

I don't really have a problem with it as Loum will play on the edge of things by the looks of things and just annoy the hell out of the opposition - he's going to get booked and a relatively pointless one like that will get him to a ban that little bit quicker. Small price to pay though for a team that finally stopped looking so passive.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Aug 2022 16:07

Stranded
Hendo

Possibly but in the case of Loum, it was the 96th min and whilst it was good that he kept biting at the Blackburn player, he pushed it too far with the 3rd go at him which got him booked.

I don't really have a problem with it as Loum will play on the edge of things by the looks of things and just annoy the hell out of the opposition - he's going to get booked and a relatively pointless one like that will get him to a ban that little bit quicker. Small price to pay though for a team that finally stopped looking so passive.

Agree with all of that.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Aug 2022 16:30

I said a few weeks ago that our card count is going to be a lot higher this season
We need to be careful not to pick up too many suspensions