Re: MATCHWATCH : Wigan Athletic (a)

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Sep 2022 17:13

Other fans will be fuming. Love it x

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Sep 2022 17:13

Zip
Sutekh 2 weeks off and 18 points. Shame about the Sunderland game but they are rather good away from home (drew 2-2 at Watford today).

Hoping Reading bring decent performance with them when Huddersfield roll in on 1 Oct, might then be able to not worry about Norwich visiting.

We should have Sarr, Ejaria and Long back for that game. It may well be a very strong bench. Got to be happy with 18 points and third place.

Let’s be honest, no silly injuries in the internationals or training and we are in a far stronger position than even the most optimistic of us could have imagined

Good strong first 18, 3rd place and 18 from 10

We’ll get tonked now and again I reckon but we do seem capable of grinding out games - even more so once everyone fit

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Sep 2022 17:16

Hound
Zip
Sutekh 2 weeks off and 18 points. Shame about the Sunderland game but they are rather good away from home (drew 2-2 at Watford today).

Hoping Reading bring decent performance with them when Huddersfield roll in on 1 Oct, might then be able to not worry about Norwich visiting.

We should have Sarr, Ejaria and Long back for that game. It may well be a very strong bench. Got to be happy with 18 points and third place.

Let’s be honest, no silly injuries in the internationals or training and we are in a far stronger position than even the most optimistic of us could have imagined

We’ll get tonked now and again I reckon but we do seem capable of grinding out games - even more so once everyone fit

Yep. That's the encouraging thing. We score first and win the game. Its a great start to the season

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Sep 2022 17:26

Hound
Zip

Well in the last po season Reading were done 5-0 at Fulham, 4-1 at both Brentford and Newcastle plus the 7-1 at Norwich so this is not unknown in RG2 when circulating at the top end of the division.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 17 Sep 2022 17:45

I know we got well beaten on Wednesday but I am really happy with how this team bounces back from adversity. I love that we have a centre back pairing of 2 home grown players. Yes, they’ll make mistakes as they’re still learning but nonetheless they’ve done really well today.

His name eludes me but do we still have the trialist who was at Newcastle at one time? I think we lack a bit of creativity at times but Ince has had a phenomenal season so far.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Sep 2022 17:49

blythspartan I know we got well beaten on Wednesday but I am really happy with how this team bounces back from adversity. I love that we have a centre back pairing of 2 home grown players. Yes, they’ll make mistakes as they’re still learning but nonetheless they’ve done really well today.

His name eludes me but do we still have the trialist who was at Newcastle at one time? I think we lack a bit of creativity at times but Ince has had a phenomenal season so far.

Not sure but his name is Yusuf Ben El-Mhanni, also Jordon Ibe is rumoured to be or have been training with the club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Sep 2022 19:01

Just on the highlights we should have won comfortably

Those chances for Meite and Ince - have to put those away

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Sep 2022 19:28

Zip
Hound
Zip

Yep. That's the encouraging thing. We score first and win the game. Its a great start to the season

At the moment, as soon as we score, we've won. We've scored in 6 games and taken 18pts from them. Failed to score in the other 4...you get the picture.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Sep 2022 19:36

Hound Just on the highlights we should have won comfortably

PInce said his daughter could have scored that header,

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Sep 2022 19:38

windermereROYAL
Hound Just on the highlights we should have won comfortably

PInce said his daughter could have scored that header,

Is she a free agent ?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Sep 2022 19:45

Dai Yongge was there today, interacting with the fans too.

JR

by JR » 17 Sep 2022 20:21

Snowflake Royal 10 games in, still no draws.

I’ve always the worst type of team to support is a heavy drawer. The score differential makes it a dangerous game - would much rather be feast or famine like us this season.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 17 Sep 2022 22:50

Thought you might like this, from someone who doesn't have a HNA? account.....

And within moments of getting indoors the police helicopter begins circling. Guessing some disgruntled Wigan fans have reported me for the theft of three points. #readingfc

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 17 Sep 2022 23:54

IMS, Alan Pardew had a feast or famine attitude, which culminated into a, drawn to success finale, so whatever keeps us competitive and successful will be a very pleasant change IMHO!!!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Sep 2022 06:55

JR

I’ve always the worst type of team to support is a heavy drawer. The score differential makes it a dangerous game - would much rather be feast or famine like us this season.

Yep. Look at WBA this year. 7 draws from 10. Pretty painful.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Sep 2022 07:56

Stranded
JR

Yep. Look at WBA this year. 7 draws from 10. Pretty painful.

Think that’s better now than the Reading way of drawing 9 out of 10 right at the business end of the season. :o

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 18 Sep 2022 08:08

Apart from the one that hit the post and rolled along the line :shock: :shock: i didn’t really feel anxious at the end.
Mbengue (correctly spelt?) looked eager, a little too eager, but he’s a youngster. Rahman was either confident that nothing was going to happen or very unfit yesterday. There was one time when Holmes ( or was it TMc) was marking two players in the 2nd half. Dim and Mick lost their sh!te, but quite rightly. TINce looked a class above again, but what was the celebration about :lol: ?
Please start AC2 with Lucas next game. I think it’d be an interesting combo. Then bring Shane on for one of those 2 late on for his hard work. Hendrick did well yesterday in that deeper role. Tyrese looks like a gem, can we have him next season as well? The defenders defended solidly and Hutch at the end doing shuttle runs near the end to prevent them getting near the box :shock: , mega impressed

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 18 Sep 2022 08:28

LOL @ 8 minutes added time.
First half was soporific. Great freekick. Efficient (!) game management. Other than that post and out moment, where cloth was touched, did not think much about Wigan.
Solid away win.

I also went to a few delightful pubs and had a pie.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Sep 2022 11:53

10 games in, clear third and we only have three of the current top eight to play.

184 posts