MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h)

by Zip » 27 Sep 2022 20:13

Can anyone confirm if the M4 is closed between junction 12- to 11 eastbound on Saturday? I have seen reports saying it will be but also that it will re-open between 6am and 10pm on Saturday.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 28 Sep 2022 07:16

URZZZZ Would go:

Lumley

Yiadom
Holmes
Sarr

Hoilett
Fornah
Hutchinson
Rahman

Ince
Long
Joao

Bench: Bouzanis, McIntyre, Hendrick, Loum, Ejaria, Carroll, Meite

Leaving out both Mbengue and NGW. Sure there’ll be a few mystery injuries and of course is on the proviso that Sarr, Ejaria and Long are all fit

Good team although Rahman played in both Ghana fixtures, Loum came on from bench for Senegal, Hoillett started for Canada and Hendrick got 90mins for Ireland last night. They’ll be knackered. I wouldn’t be too surprised if Ince keeps one eye on Norwich, to spare our blushes.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Sep 2022 07:29

Would have Hendrick on tbe bench anyway. Baba probably needed the games and thought Loum stayed on the bench?

Hoilett would be one who may miss out due to the internationals I reckon

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 28 Sep 2022 07:48

Stand corrected, Loum was indeed an unused sub. Just think 3 games in 6 days is going to be a tough ask from the rest of them.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Sep 2022 08:06

Zip Can anyone confirm if the M4 is closed between junction 12- to 11 eastbound on Saturday? I have seen reports saying it will be but also that it will re-open between 6am and 10pm on Saturday.

As I understand things the M4 eastbound carriageway will close between J12 (A4 Theale) and J11 (A33 Basingstoke) from 9pm on September 30 and will reopen at 6am on October 1. It will then be closed again at 10pm and reopen at 5.30am on Monday October 3.

The confusion is caused as the highways agency site is still showing the original closure plans of all weekend but the Chronicle (dated 27 Sep - link below) states the above changes following discussions between the agency and RBC.

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... ain-chaos/

Also be aware there may still be other roadworks in Reading itself if you’re coming down from Caversham/Crowmarsh directions.

Fans should note though that the Bracknell/Wokingham exit (J10) to J11 sections are still slated for closure over the 2 following weekends (8/9 Oct and 15/16 Oct).

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Sep 2022 08:37

Sutekh
Zip Can anyone confirm if the M4 is closed between junction 12- to 11 eastbound on Saturday? I have seen reports saying it will be but also that it will re-open between 6am and 10pm on Saturday.

As I understand things the M4 eastbound carriageway will close between J12 (A4 Theale) and J11 (A33 Basingstoke) from 9pm on September 30 and will reopen at 6am on October 1. It will then be closed again at 10pm and reopen at 5.30am on Monday October 3.

The confusion is caused as the highways agency site is still showing the original closure plans of all weekend but the Chronicle (dated 27 Sep - link below) states the above changes following discussions between the agency and RBC.

Also be aware there may still be other roadworks in Reading itself if you’re coming down from Caversham/Crowmarsh directions.

Fans should note though that the Bracknell/Wokingham exit (J10) to J11 sections are still slated for closure over the 2 following weekends (8/9 Oct and 15/16 Oct).

Thanks mate

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Sep 2022 09:00

royalp-we Stand corrected, Loum was indeed an unused sub. Just think 3 games in 6 days is going to be a tough ask from the rest of them.

Hopefully all on duty came through unscathed…

Senegal (Mbengue) played Bolivia in France and Iran in Austria. Mbengue was unused sub in both.

Canada (Hoilett) played Qatar in Czech Republic (Hoilett played full 90) and then Uruguay in Slovakia (Hoilett came on at half time)

Ireland (Hendrick) played away in Scotland (Hendrick non playing sub) and then Armenia in Dublin (Hendrick played full 90)

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 28 Sep 2022 09:04

Sutekh

If it's anything like the traffic in Reading last weekend then good luck to anyone looking to attend as it was horrendous.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Sep 2022 09:43

RG30
Sutekh

If it's anything like the traffic in Reading last weekend then good luck to anyone looking to attend as it was horrendous.

If it’s that bad I’ll be leaving the car at home and walking

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 28 Sep 2022 12:34

We are pleased to confirm that the planned roadworks on the M4 eastbound between Junction 12 for Theale and Junction 11 for Reading will be suspended on Saturday 1 October for our match with Huddersfield Town.

The closure was initially planned for the full weekend but National Highways are opening this section of the motorway between 6am and 10pm on matchday.

However please allow extra time for your journey as there will be one lane remaining closed as we look forward to a bumper crowd for our fixture with the Terriers.

Supporters travelling from all directions can expect the roads to be busier than usual for the game as we are hosting our ‘schools and grassroots’ scheme - where over 4,000 tickets have been sold to local schools and grassroots clubs. So please allow extra time for your journey.

The M4 closure will be in place on Sunday 2 October when Reading Women host Tottenham Hotspur Women so a motorway diversion will be active. Allow significantly more travel time as any M4 diversion that affects J11 often causes general motorists to drive through the centre of Reading and can cause serious logjams in the town centre and surrounding area.

While M4 works are ongoing, we will provide updates on a game-by-game basis.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2022/september/28/m4-open-on-saturday/

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 28 Sep 2022 12:44

Sutekh

RBC have now confirmed this for Saturday 1 October:
https://media.reading.gov.uk/news/road-closures-to-be-aware-of-around-reading?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Orlo

Believe it's just eastbound ie J11 to J10 that's closed 8–9 October and 15–16 October, but you wonder if RBC will intervene again.
https://nationalhighways.co.uk/our-roads/south-east/m4-junctions-3-12-smart-motorway/

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Sep 2022 13:55

Whore Jackie
Sutekh

RBC have now confirmed this for Saturday 1 October:
https://media.reading.gov.uk/news/road-closures-to-be-aware-of-around-reading?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Orlo

Believe it's just eastbound ie J11 to J10 that's closed 8–9 October and 15–16 October, but you wonder if RBC will intervene again.
https://nationalhighways.co.uk/our-roads/south-east/m4-junctions-3-12-smart-motorway/

Yep all good

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 28 Sep 2022 14:19

Notice on the club website from Midday today states:-
The road works which were due to shut the M4 between junctions 12 and 11 for the entire weekend have been suspended from 6am and 10pm on matchday by National Highways. However, allow more time for travel as one lane will be closed, also roads are likely to be busier than usual as over 4000 tickets have sold to schools and clubs.
I don't know how to upload the article, so would be grateful if someone could.

EDIT. The full closure will be in operation for the Sunday WSL game against Spurs so it would be best to allow extra time for the diversion that will be in operation on that day. Updates will be provided by the club on a match by match basis whilst the M4 roadworks are taking place. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Sep 2022 14:28

The Royal Forester

Notice on the club website from Midday today states:-
The road works which were due to shut the M5 between junctions 12 and 11 for the entire weekend have been suspended from 6am and 10pm on matchday by National Highways. However, allow more time for travel as one lane will be closed, also roads are likely to be busier than usual as over 4000 tickets have sold to schools and clubs.
I don't know how to upload the article, so would be grateful if someone could.

EDIT. The full closure will be in operation for the Sunday WSL game against Spurs so it would be best to allow extra time for the diversion that will be in operation on that day. Update will be provded by the club on a match by match basis whilst the M$ roadworks are taking place. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Thanks it's good news for people like me travelling eastbound on the M4 from Glos to Reading

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Sep 2022 15:24

For those that care, Huddersfield have today announced that their new manager/head coach will be ex Norwich and Dundee midfielder Mark Fotheringham who has most recently been working as an assistant to Felix McGath in Germany. Therefore I’d probably expect Huddersfield to be right up for things with players anxious to show what they can do. This is going to be a very tricky game. Let’s hope Reading can induce more of a new manager splat than bounce.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Sep 2022 17:43

Prutton predicting we'll win this so a big L incoming.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Sep 2022 09:48

CountryRoyal Prutton predicting we'll win this so a big L incoming.

Did he not predict us to beat Stoke? Maybe times are changing.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 30 Sep 2022 12:57

Really looking forward to this one. I think from memory the last time I saw us beat them was 1-0 in September 2016.

Jonathan Hogg is normally a thorn in our side though and Zorba Thomas battered us last season. Apart, from the playoff final I have normally enjoyed our games against them, especially in the FA cup. Trevor Senior scoring the winner in a replay at Elm Park in 1986 and the 5-2 win a few years back were good games.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Sep 2022 16:52

YorkshireRoyal99
CountryRoyal Prutton predicting we'll win this so a big L incoming.

Did he not predict us to beat Stoke? Maybe times are changing.

Nah he predicted them to win 2-0.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Sep 2022 16:57

blythspartan Really looking forward to this one.

This is when I know we will lose. Everytime I’m optimistic and more importantly excited for a game, it is invariably horrible. Sunderland was the last time :lol:

The international break is all the more worse because for 99% of people, even if their team isn’t doing well, you still just can’t wait to get back to league football. So I’m fully preparing for a crap performance and a loss and then hopefully I’ll be surprised :P

As a matter of interest does anyone have any stats for our record first game after international break? In my head it’s pretty bad, that could just be influenced by us actually being pretty bad for the majority of recent years.