MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (a)

278 posts
karbota
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (a)

by karbota » 06 Oct 2022 20:40

Zip Have a feeling Ejaria will start tomorrow night to give one of the midfielders a rest.

God NO!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 07 Oct 2022 07:48

I heard Willock is probably out for them tonight

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 07 Oct 2022 07:49

Theroyalbox 143 tickets left.

More or less sold out then. Understand the disgusting pricing but we only have 2 London away games and few local ones bar Watford, Luton and maybe Bristol City. The rest of the league is basically northern.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Oct 2022 07:56

Royal_jimmy

More or less sold out then. Understand the disgusting pricing but we only have 2 London away games and few local ones bar Watford, Luton and maybe Bristol City. The rest of the league is basically northern.

Bit like Luton and Bristol are exactly close either

Fair play for selling the tickets with the crappy train strike etc

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Oct 2022 08:58

3rd kit tonight?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Oct 2022 08:58

Would happily take another draw tonight. Going to be a tough one.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Oct 2022 09:04

Hound 3rd kit tonight?

Wouldn't be surprised.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 Oct 2022 09:09

Zip Have a feeling Ejaria will start tomorrow night to give one of the midfielders a rest.

I think he'd be a welcomed addition into the midfield 3, I personally think that's where I saw him consistently performing during his initial loan spell and that's his best position for me anyway.

Tough decisions to make due to the game being away from home against a side performing well and in form. It's tough to change much in the midfield from Tuesday, but obviously aware rotation might be necessary, but then you'd be thinking that Mbengue might be best to give us a bit of energy and battle in the middle, whereas Ejaria might be best to come off the bench if we are chasing the game.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 07 Oct 2022 09:15

Hound
Royal_jimmy

Bit like Luton and Bristol are exactly close either

Fair play for selling the tickets with the crappy train strike etc

I think its a cracking effort. There is only 10 left now

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 07 Oct 2022 09:17

On Trainline suggests trains are running to Clapham Junction, does anyone know any different due to strikes?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 07 Oct 2022 09:38

Theroyalbox On Trainline suggests trains are running to Clapham Junction, does anyone know any different due to strikes?

Not what I'm seeing, trains are running to both Paddington and Waterloo but with less frequency than normal

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Oct 2022 11:41

SOLD OUT

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 07 Oct 2022 11:43

YorkshireRoyal99

I think he'd be a welcomed addition into the midfield 3, I personally think that's where I saw him consistently performing during his initial loan spell and that's his best position for me anyway.

Tough decisions to make due to the game being away from home against a side performing well and in form. It's tough to change much in the midfield from Tuesday, but obviously aware rotation might be necessary, but then you'd be thinking that Mbengue might be best to give us a bit of energy and battle in the middle, whereas Ejaria might be best to come off the bench if we are chasing the game.

Think Ejaria will start...Ince has been talking him up on the OS this week

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Oct 2022 11:53

Mid Sussex Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Think Ejaria will start...Ince has been talking him up on the OS this week

Ejaria behind Carroll/Ince has the opportunity to be a very, very strong front 3 as each have very different skill sets that will make it very hard to shut all 3 down. As shutting down one, should create opportunities for the other 2.

And if all 3 can work together. Carroll wins header to Ejaria, who in turn finds the pass to Ince who bursts forward the moment Carroll wins the header. Could be very exciting indeed.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Oct 2022 11:55

Fair chance he will I guess, depends on his fitness

See him as more a replacement for Fornah or Hendrick than a Tom Ince style number 10. Really don’t see him as an especially attacking option nowadays, more a pretty well rounded midfielder

Different topic but think Ovie shows one of the things wrong with modern mens pro football. Get a sublimely skilled maverick midfielder and end up turning him into a fairly defensive work horse who doesn’t create a lot. Bit of a shame really

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 Oct 2022 12:18

I think it's just perception personally. You see a talented player with the ball and automatically assume he should be able to create chances at will, score and assist 15+ a season (each) and be the best player, it's one of the gripes I have with Grealish, where everyone thinks he should get all these numbers, when that's not actually what he was bought for.

I think as an attacking midfielder/winger, you're wanting to them to hit 5-10 goals minimum and a similar amount of assists, whereas as a more central midfielder, like an 8, the direct contribution you're looking at would be substantially less in a lot of cases. Ovie's biggest criticism is his numbers, not his talent or ability. Take away the criticism by changing his role and position (to what I think suits him best personally) and I think there will be less pressure on him.

He works hard for the team, is good with the ball and can open up space elsewhere. Nice to have that in an attacking area, but not every player fits that logic. Sometimes having him in a crowded central midfield area to turn away from 2/3 players and exploit open defences by passing it to the players (Ince, Meite, Joao, Carroll, wing backs etc) that are meant to do the creating/scoring might suit him better.

Gloucesterroyal

by Gloucesterroyal » 07 Oct 2022 18:58

We're gonna lose.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Oct 2022 19:00

Destroying the magic of SKY

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 Oct 2022 19:01

Yiadom and Joao back in
Hoilett and Ince on bench

Needle

by Needle » 07 Oct 2022 19:02

Ince Out!

278 posts