BFTG - Norwich

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Norwich

by blythspartan » 05 Oct 2022 12:59

I really enjoyed the game last night, plus a couple of Norwich fans I spoke to were fairly complimentary and rated the stadium. I maybe alone here but I think NGW should be our number one LB.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Oct 2022 13:04

blythspartan I really enjoyed the game last night, plus a couple of Norwich fans I spoke to were fairly complimentary and rated the stadium. I maybe alone here but I think NGW should be our number one LB.

Difficult to say at this point as there’s still a lot of learning for him (which is to be expected, of course). But he’s got attributes which are promising, looks good on the ball, can put a decent cross in and has been fairly solid

Would rather see him over Rahman who’s fairly average but “average” can have its uses over the season so looking forward to seeing the competition between those two

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Oct 2022 13:13

NGW has been excellent these last two games. At his best be probably does offer more than Baba.

However we’ll need them both over the course of the season so all good

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 05 Oct 2022 13:30

John Madejski's Wallet For a game with so few chances I quite enjoyed that tbf.

Norwich looked great on the ball, but our back 3 were absolutely immense. I think if we'd had Yiadom overlapping Hoilett we'd have been a couple up in the first half, because Hoilett was class. Midfield was half decent, and Carroll and Ince tried their best against a decent defence. Might be being a bit harsh on the youngster but thought NGW was our weakest player

Lumley won't have an easier game in his career

Agree with most of that but disagree NGW was weakest.

The guy was tasked with keeping Sargent (current second in scoring charts and USA international) quiet, as well as Hernandez (Chilean International) when he came on. Had Pukki on his shoulder all night too. Can’t ask for more from a lad who was prepping for a season against Harrogate, Barrow and Salford just a couple of months ago. He had a solid game imo.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Oct 2022 13:34

Think Rahman will have more quality consistently, whereas NGW may have more "stand-out" games, probably partly because there is less expectation on a low-risk, younger player who has recently come out of L1 as opposed to an International defender going to the World Cup who has been at Chelsea and various other European clubs.

That's no disrespect to NGW though, to be in the same bracket as someone with that reputation and plenty more games at a higher level than himself is a compliment within itself. I can definitely say I've been more impressed with NGW this season, but the sample is still rather small considering Rahman hasn't played much yet and NGW, let's not forget, has struggled somewhat, particularly in his first couple of games.

But for sure, NGW is proving his worth.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 05 Oct 2022 14:33

First game of the season for me, I made the choice at 6:45 to buy a ticket.

Last night makes me want to go a lot more. Hard not to like how Ince has us setup, the players and the effort they put in.

Long may it continue. InceIN

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Oct 2022 15:04

LWJ First game of the season for me, I made the choice at 6:45 to buy a ticket.

Last night makes me want to go a lot more. Hard not to like how Ince has us setup, the players and the effort they put in.

Long may it continue. InceIN

That's good to hear.We need more bums on seats to give the players the support they deserve.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 05 Oct 2022 15:16

royalp-we

Norwich looked great on the ball, but our back 3 were absolutely immense. I think if we'd had Yiadom overlapping Hoilett we'd have been a couple up in the first half, because Hoilett was class. Midfield was half decent, and Carroll and Ince tried their best against a decent defence. Might be being a bit harsh on the youngster but thought NGW was our weakest player

The guy was tasked with keeping Sargent (current second in scoring charts and USA international) quiet, as well as Hernandez (Chilean International) when he came on. Had Pukki on his shoulder all night too. Can’t ask for more from a lad who was prepping for a season against Harrogate, Barrow and Salford just a couple of months ago. He had a solid game imo.

Hernandez is a Cuban international. Nunez is the Chilean international.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Oct 2022 15:51

Norfolk Royal
royalp-we

Hernandez is a Cuban international.

I thought he ran out of puff.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Oct 2022 15:53

Norfolk Royal
royalp-we

Hernandez is a Cuban international. Nunez is the Chilean international.

Close but no cigar there, from royalp-we.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Oct 2022 17:19

blythspartan I really enjoyed the game last night, plus a couple of Norwich fans I spoke to were fairly complimentary and rated the stadium. I maybe alone here but I think NGW should be our number one LB.

Nope. Been right behind him for ages.

Much better attacking outlet than Rahman, not far off him defensively.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 05 Oct 2022 18:48

URZZZZ

Difficult to say at this point as there’s still a lot of learning for him (which is to be expected, of course). But he’s got attributes which are promising, looks good on the ball, can put a decent cross in and has been fairly solid

Would rather see him over Rahman who’s fairly average but “average” can have its uses over the season so looking forward to seeing the competition between those two

A big plus for me has to be the long throw which he has in his locker.