MATCHWATCH : Watford (a)

268 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Watford (a)

by Sutekh » 08 Nov 2022 21:57

Millsy
Snowflake Royal Subs too late.

Shouldve happened at 70mins at the latest.

Ince has no clue about how to manage substitutions and has any sub he’s made actually made a difference to a game?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Nov 2022 21:57

Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2 We have been absolutely abysmal up front today, don't look like scoring if we played all night, oxf*rd furious.

Created absolutely nothing straightforward from midfield.

Feed our strikers and they'll score. But we don't. It's all scrappy and trying too much. Why did Ince take on 2 at walking pace rather than pass.

Will our strikers score? I'm not convinced by that at all

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 08 Nov 2022 21:57

karbota Parky is waiting.

Let's hope he keeps waiting.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Nov 2022 21:58

Royal_jimmy We've been toothless and not good enough going forward yet again. Hardly created a decent chance

6 shots, 1 on target in the end. Way to go :roll:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 08 Nov 2022 21:58

Are you drunk?

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 08 Nov 2022 21:58

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Nov 2022 21:58

Well this is utterly shit. Not sure how long Ince can continue serving this up. This team are much better than this.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 08 Nov 2022 21:59

Sutekh
Royal_jimmy We've been toothless and not good enough going forward yet again. Hardly created a decent chance

6 shots, 1 on target in the end. Way to go :roll:

Yet never looked like scoring all night

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Nov 2022 21:59

Snowflake Royal
Millsy How the **** we are unable to create decent chances with Meite, Long, Ejaria, Long, Fornah, Joao in our squad is beyond me.

Because you've only listed one creative player and he's never actually created anything and has lost what small creativity he had.

I thought you meant Fornah, creates out of nothing. Ejaria is very creative, Ince clearly can't get the best out of him. Long isn't a scorer, does nothing but pressure defences, open space, create chances. Meite makes things happen out of nothing as he did twice tonight. Joao makes stuff out of nothing normally. Carroll wins everything at him and turns long balls into chances. An immense attacking line, we should be doing better. Not to mention Ince.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Nov 2022 22:01

Zip
Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2 We have been absolutely abysmal up front today, don't look like scoring if we played all night, oxf*rd furious.

Created absolutely nothing straightforward from midfield.

Feed our strikers and they'll score. But we don't. It's all scrappy and trying too much. Why did Ince take on 2 at walking pace rather than pass.

Joao's record prior to this season was virtually 1 in 2. Carroll can always get a few, Long a few, Meite has got goals for us across about three or four seasons and been top scorer twice isn’t it?

So yes. Absolutely.

How many good chances have our strikers had in the last few games? I reckon you could count on the fingers of one hand. They're not missing anything clear cut and we have the fewest shots per game in the division. Our conversion rate is actually decent.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Nov 2022 22:02

Sutekh
Millsy
Snowflake Royal Subs too late.

Shouldve happened at 70mins at the latest.

Ince has no clue about how to manage substitutions and has any sub he’s made actually made a difference to a game?

Yeah it's a bit worrying. I guess his only defence is we were doing alright for a little while, but certainly by 70mins it became clear that it wasn't going to lead to anything.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Nov 2022 22:04

Millsy
Snowflake Royal
Millsy How the **** we are unable to create decent chances with Meite, Long, Ejaria, Long, Fornah, Joao in our squad is beyond me.

Because you've only listed one creative player and he's never actually created anything and has lost what small creativity he had.

I thought you meant Fornah, creates out of nothing. Ejaria is very creative, Ince clearly can't get the best out of him. Long isn't a scorer, does nothing but pressure defences, open space, create chances. Meite makes things happen out of nothing as he did twice tonight. Joao makes stuff out of nothing normally. Carroll wins everything at him and turns long balls into chances. An immense attacking line, we should be doing better. Not to mention Ince.

:lol: if you call falling on his arse creative. When has he ever made more than 5 assists in a season? Never. In 127 appearances for us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Nov 2022 22:08

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Created absolutely nothing straightforward from midfield.

Joao's record prior to this season was virtually 1 in 2. Carroll can always get a few, Long a few, Meite has got goals for us across about three or four seasons and been top scorer twice isn’t it?

So yes. Absolutely.

How many good chances have our strikers had in the last few games? I reckon you could count on the fingers of one hand. They're not missing anything clear cut and we have the fewest shots per game in the division. Our conversion rate is actually decent.

We don't create much so I agree on that but Joao has been poor this season and nothing like the player of two seasons ago
Long is a workhorse and not a goalscorer.
Carroll had a number of headed chances v Luton and didn't take them or even come close to doing so.
Yaks is a hardworking player and will maybe get ten in a season..

They don't get much service but sometimes they need to try and create something out of nothing and none of them are capable of that.

Ince has to turn this around soon.
He is not on borrowed time yet but he will be if this wretched run continues much longer
We could easily be in the bottom three by Christmas.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Nov 2022 22:10

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
Snowflake Royal Because you've only listed one creative player and he's never actually created anything and has lost what small creativity he had.

:lol: if you call falling on his arse creative. When has he ever made more than 5 assists in a season? Never. In 127 appearances for us.

.I'm afraid to coming around to this point of view too Always backed Ovie but he had to produce the goods this season and has been very poor.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Nov 2022 22:10

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
Snowflake Royal Because you've only listed one creative player and he's never actually created anything and has lost what small creativity he had.

Creating doesn't necessarily mean the final assist you know, but turning the game - a bit of trickery out of nothing. He's been shite lately, yes, but you are aware that you are allowed to petulantly detest a player as your "thing" on HNA but actually sometimes concede that he does have some good points about him? Because that's literally the only thing he's good at ffs - presumably what you meant by "bags of talent" the other day - unless you meant he's a good goalkeeper or ball header or something else?
Last edited by Millsy on 08 Nov 2022 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 08 Nov 2022 22:11

That’s the poorest game I’ve seen Tince have this season. Difficult to see where goals are coming from.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Nov 2022 22:13

Norfolk Royal That’s the poorest game I’ve seen Tince have this season. Difficult to see where goals are coming from.

Agreed. I'd have kept Joao on ahead of him. At least Joao was actually starting to do something.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 08 Nov 2022 22:17

Millsy
Norfolk Royal That’s the poorest game I’ve seen Tince have this season. Difficult to see where goals are coming from.

Agreed. I'd have kept Joao on ahead of him. At least Joao was actually starting to do something.

Yeah, he jumped for two headers. OK they were more like slight hops but a new record for him nonetheless.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Nov 2022 22:20

leon Well this is utterly shit. Not sure how long Ince can continue serving this up. This team are much better than this.

I don't think he will be here beyond January the way this is heading

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 08 Nov 2022 22:22

Ascotexgunner

Let's hope he keeps waiting.

Took Colchester with the smallest budget to there highest ever league position. The only manager to take a 4th tier team to the league cup final. Beat Chelsea at the bridge after being 2-0 down. Managed Charlton to the playoffs only to lose Swindon on penalties.
Took Bradford up via the play offs to the 2nd division. Never finishing outside the top ten. Went to Bolton despite a transfer embargo gained automatic promotion to the championship. Winning 3 Managers of the month along the way.
Left Sunderland with the team in 6th Sunderland failed to make the playoffs after he left. Has 63% win record at Wrexham runners up in the league and FA trophy.

Rubbish manager

268 posts