MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a)

250 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a)

by Millsy » 12 Nov 2022 20:27

I can't fault anyone's performance today because I didn't watch it.

Btfg or at least ratings please for those of us who missed it.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 12 Nov 2022 21:28

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal You all said he was good at centre back in a game I missed. Since then I've seen him play there and I'm not impressed. About all he's got is effort and pace as far as I can see.

You seem to be in the minority. Many on twitter saying he was motm and I wouldn't necessarily disagree.

Twitter? The pit of despair well known for it's good judgement?

Ok, he was great. :roll:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Nov 2022 21:40

Snowflake Royal Hull will be disappointed with that. Dominated large sections, how they didn't go 2-0 up I don't know when all they needed was to roll it into the net... they may argue we should have been down to 10 and they will probably claim 2 penalties, but ref got all three spot on imo.... I thought the Carroll shout he looked right at and waved away was the strongest, but probably 6 of one.

Not often you say this in the Championship, but I think the ref had a proper good game. We were ropey as oxf*rd at times and very lucky to win, but we made them work and forced the two goals in somehow. And that's all it takes.

You know what ?

Fcuk Hull.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 12 Nov 2022 21:42

leon
Snowflake Royal Hull will be disappointed with that. Dominated large sections, how they didn't go 2-0 up I don't know when all they needed was to roll it into the net... they may argue we should have been down to 10 and they will probably claim 2 penalties, but ref got all three spot on imo.... I thought the Carroll shout he looked right at and waved away was the strongest, but probably 6 of one.

Not often you say this in the Championship, but I think the ref had a proper good game. We were ropey as oxf*rd at times and very lucky to win, but we made them work and forced the two goals in somehow. And that's all it takes.

You know what ?

Fcuk Hull.

We should have had three penalties against them last season at the Mad Stad.

What goes around comes around.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Nov 2022 21:43

Orion1871
leon

You know what ?

Fcuk Hull.

Well quite

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Nov 2022 21:48

Just seen the Hendrick challenge - looks nothing like a red to me

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Nov 2022 21:52

Millsy I can't fault anyone's performance today because I didn't watch it.

Bouzanis - 6 one cracking save, one cracking punch, one air kick that should have been punished but wasn't and some poor kicking. Decent performance.
Hoilett - 7 after some recent lacklustre performances he beat his man plenty, defended ok, whipped in good crosses and generally played well.
Rahman - 5 Just makes far too many loose passes and errors, needs to improve on his delivery too
Yiadom - 6 started not great, but did ok
Holmes - 7 he's turning into a good reliable defender. Apparently at fault for the goal, but I didn't see it so not marking him down for it.
Mbengue - 5 well, he's quick and he tries and there's something there, but he's full of errors and doesn't look comfortable in defence.
Hendrick - 6 silly challenge aside, he was fairly typically Hendrick, quietly ok.
Fornah - 6 thought he generally played well and was surprised he was taken off, more likely to create a chance than Hendrick, Loum or Ejaria
Ince - 7 usual Ince, lots of work rate and some good balls in
Meite - 7 scored, somewhat fortunately, and caused difficulties without looking brilliant
Long - 6 good work rate, don't remember him looking very likely

Loum - 6 not good Loum, but not quite bad Loum, he was a bit iffy
Carroll - 6 caused the goal and did well, but we didn't seem to know how to use him a fair bit
Joao - 6 some decent hold up and link play, nothing really came his way chance wise.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Nov 2022 21:53

Orion1871
leon

You know what ?

Fcuk Hull.

If there's weren't penalties, which they weren't... not really...

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Nov 2022 21:57

Snowflake Royal

Bouzanis - 6 one cracking save, one cracking punch, one air kick that should have been punished but wasn't and some poor kicking. Decent performance.
Hoilett - 7 after some recent lacklustre performances he beat his man plenty, defended ok, whipped in good crosses and generally played well.
Rahman - 5 Just makes far too many loose passes and errors, needs to improve on his delivery too
Holmes - 7 he's turning into a good reliable defender. Apparently at fault for the goal, but I didn't see it so not marking him down for it.
Mbengue - 5 well, he's quick and he tries and there's something there, but he's full of errors and doesn't look comfortable in defence.
Hendrick - 6 silly challenge aside, he was fairly typically Hendrick, quietly ok.
Fornah - 6 thought he generally played well and was surprised he was taken off, more likely to create a chance than Hendrick, Loum or Ejaria
Meite - 7 scored, somewhat fortunately, and caused difficulties without looking brilliant

Carroll - 6 caused the goal and did well, but we didn't seem to know how to use him a fair bit
Joao - 6 some decent hold up and link play, nothing really came his way chance wise.

Once again thank you, really useful.

Subs used in good time? Made a a difference?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 12 Nov 2022 22:01

Millsy
Snowflake Royal

Once again thank you, really useful.

Subs used in good time? Made a a difference?

Not really useful when he gives the man of the match a 5.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Nov 2022 22:11

Yeah the 5 for Mbengue is way too harsh

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Nov 2022 22:33

Ian does wear glasses tbf

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Nov 2022 23:18

Just seen the Hendrick challenge. Never a red. In fact, if anyone was going in 2 footed, it was the Hull player.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Nov 2022 23:46

That was bloody terrific today, glad we finally beat Hull away we deserved it

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Nov 2022 23:49

LUX Me, I’m ecstatic with that.

Higher has some good memes/ visuals btw.

I'm very drunk but enjoying this win. I'm finally home

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Nov 2022 23:51

From Despair To Where? Just seen the Hendrick challenge. Never a red. In fact, if anyone was going in 2 footed, it was the Hull player.

Rosenior said i was a leg breaker and the Hull fans are not happy, not a fucking chance was that a red, feet firmly on the ground, no studs and not high.

mikey_1871

by mikey_1871 » 13 Nov 2022 00:22

Cracking away day, found some excellent pubs in the city centre and a 94th minute winner in a game that was heading for a draw was just wonderful. Now home, very drunk and vey happy.

Don't care about ratings, we got 3 points. That's the only number that matters.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 13 Nov 2022 00:33

That was one of the worst games of football I've ever seen. Hull scrapped against us and bought us down to a poor level. At best we deserved a point but turned them over. Terrific result

Live Fast Dai Yongge

by Live Fast Dai Yongge » 13 Nov 2022 00:35

Very happy. Can go into the long WC break feeling a lot better about the second part of the season after that.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Nov 2022 00:40

4 of our last 5 have been away from home with 3 of our next 5 also away from home. So this is a really tough run of 10 games. Such a big win today.
Well done to all those who travelled today. Serious dedication to the cause.

250 posts