MATCHWATCH : Manchester United (a)

275 posts
Fezza

Re: MATCHWATCH : Manchester United (a)

by Fezza » 30 Jan 2023 06:35

For me the game has just reinforced how vulgar the FA, Premier League and EFL have allowed the sport to become. 30 places separate us from them but it may as well be light years. The amount they’ve spent in the last season would have sustained us for the last three decades. Where they can borrow and invest, we’ve been hamstrung and asset stripped by the very body meant to protect us (EFL - Olise, Richards & Loader, the lack of due diligence on owners since JMad). F*cling sick of it.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 30 Jan 2023 07:53

Fezza For me the game has just reinforced how vulgar the FA, Premier League and EFL have allowed the sport to become. 30 places separate us from them but it may as well be light years. The amount they’ve spent in the last season would have sustained us for the last three decades. Where they can borrow and invest, we’ve been hamstrung and asset stripped by the very body meant to protect us (EFL - Olise, Richards & Loader, the lack of due diligence on owners since JMad). F*cling sick of it.

I pretty much feel this. We obviously have to take accountability for our own overspending but football these days is mostly about the rich getting richer, which reflects society.

I am sure I read that more money should be coming down the football pyramid but I can’t specifically remember the article or timeframes.

I’ll always support Reading but my love of football has waned over the years. Listening to commentators eulogising over teams/players that cost billions/millions beating teams put together on a shoestring makes my blood boil at times.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Jan 2023 08:54

blythspartan
Fezza For me the game has just reinforced how vulgar the FA, Premier League and EFL have allowed the sport to become. 30 places separate us from them but it may as well be light years. The amount they’ve spent in the last season would have sustained us for the last three decades. Where they can borrow and invest, we’ve been hamstrung and asset stripped by the very body meant to protect us (EFL - Olise, Richards & Loader, the lack of due diligence on owners since JMad). F*cling sick of it.

I pretty much feel this. We obviously have to take accountability for our own overspending but football these days is mostly about the rich getting richer, which reflects society.

I am sure I read that more money should be coming down the football pyramid but I can’t specifically remember the article or timeframes.

I’ll always support Reading but my love of football has waned over the years. Listening to commentators eulogising over teams/players that cost billions/millions beating teams put together on a shoestring makes my blood boil at times.

I'm hoping these changes in FFP regulations will make some sort of a difference, but it's more hope than expectation anyway. Clubs will just look for more commercial income to boost their revenue streams and will probably mean a quicker return of the European Super League again.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jan 2023 09:24

YorkshireRoyal99
blythspartan

I'm hoping these changes in FFP regulations will make some sort of a difference, but it's more hope than expectation anyway. Clubs will just look for more commercial income to boost their revenue streams and will probably mean a quicker return of the European Super League again.

Can’t help but hope that the ESL happens so the big clubs can go and play with themselves “to their heart’s content” and the rest of us can get back to playing proper football on a more level playing field.

:lol: anyone thinking the ”fan led review” will go anywhere other than quietly disappear up it’s own backside.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Jan 2023 09:29

Sutekh
YorkshireRoyal99
blythspartan

Can’t help but hope that the ESL happens so the big clubs can go and play with themselves “to their heart’s content” and the rest of us can get back to playing proper football on a more level playing field.

:lol: anyone thinking the ”fan led review” will go anywhere other than quietly disappear up it’s own backside.

You don’t think that this will just mean that the PL clubs will have even bigger squads and keep their position in the PL. That would potentially make picking up players more difficult, not less
They want to increase revenue, not swap one stream for another

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2023 12:58

Carroll’s managed to put Eriksen out for the season pretty much

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 31 Jan 2023 13:00

The fallout from Andy Carroll's foul:

Christian Eriksen is expected to be out of action for an extended period, says Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag. The Denmark midfielder suffered an ankle injury in the FA Cup victory over Reading last Saturday. Initial assessments indicate that Eriksen is likely to be out until late April or early May.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2023 13:18

Be such a shame if he contributed to them not winning a cup/ missing out on champs league

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2023 13:20

Carroll currently very popular on Twitter I notice

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Jan 2023 13:26

Same pricks complaining would have cheered every shit Roy Keane tackle back in the day

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2023 13:29

They could have always played a second XI to protect their players.

Shit happens, deal with it big boys, you bunch of whiny entitled pricks.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 31 Jan 2023 13:56

All part of the master plan to now sell Ejaria to United as a replacement

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Jan 2023 14:16

Franchise FC
Kitsondinho I enjoyed last night…we played pretty well and weren’t disgraced. It was great to get a goal and we even had a couple of half chances to make it 3-2…
However, the most fun thing was how unbelievably sensitive the United fans were. ‘Stoke City scored 4’ really annoyed the ones next to the block I was in. They were so quiet for the majority of the game and talking to a few of them on the tram back to the car, you’d have thought we lost 8-0…

Apparently, the performance from Casimero was the most complete by any midfielder ever …. against a rag tag midfield of freebies, loans, etc. of a side that are 16th in the Championship
He’s good, but yesterday wasn’t a marker

At least Anthony found his level against Baba Rahman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Conservative_dad
Hob Nob Regular

by Conservative_dad » 31 Jan 2023 14:22

Snowflake Royal They could have always played a second XI to protect their players.

three very bad tackles but like you say, all part of the game.

I was delighted when VVD got taken out for the season (in respect of how it affected LOLfc)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2023 16:04

Conservative_dad
Snowflake Royal They could have always played a second XI to protect their players.

three very bad tackles but like you say, all part of the game.

I was delighted when VVD got taken out for the season (in respect of how it affected LOLfc)

The third was very late and absolutely worth a yellow, but will rarely cause a real injury imo because there wasn’t all that much force, Carroll was pulling out as much as he could on the stupid late slide.

The scissor also often won't cause an injury either (absolutely a yellow imo), Erikson unlucky it happened to force his ankle to roll, wouldn’t expect that to happen normally, but always a risk I guess.

I forget the other one.

275 posts