MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h)

211 posts
Crowbar6753

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h)

by Crowbar6753 » 23 Feb 2023 17:44

P.Ince defending playing his negative 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 as he likes to put it, so you 100% know its going to be 5 at the back for this game!!!! Sounds like Babba and Holmes are both out so at least we get NGW as WB again.
P.Ince also asking that the crowd sticks with the team....I'm sure they will, however, if he persists on this 5-3-2 formation against Blackpool and they take the lead i'm pretty sure it'll turn ugly very quickly.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 23 Feb 2023 17:47

YorkshireRoyal99 Yeah I wouldn't want Dann playing after his last couple of games, I was hoping/expecting that he might turn out to be decent with a few games under his belt (I mean, very optimistic me is saying he might) and a bit more fitness but it doesn't seem like it's turning out that way. Admittedly, the one thing I did see him doing last Friday was a bit of organising around, but is that really enough to warrant a spot?

Loum tends to be a bit all over the place when he's been out of the side for a couple of games, seems to take him a game or two to find his feet again so hopefully some consistent starts will see him get back to a more consistent level. Obviously, when you pick up that many bookings and the odd injury/rotation it will be hard.

Loum is actually someone I'd consider signing if the price was right (so very low/free) just for the sake of some continuity and I think he could improve on this season with another season in this league now he's had experience.

They were quoting $5 million at the start of the season!! no way on earth would i pay that!!!!!! PS i do not have a pound sign on my keyboard, so it's $5 million in Canadian dollars lol....which is still around 3 million pounds which is about 4 times the price i would pay for this donkey :D :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Feb 2023 18:44

Loum has been disappointing- he clearly has something and has had some great games, but too often way off the pace and elementary mistakes

Definitely wouldn’t re-sign

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Feb 2023 08:40

Crowbar6753
YorkshireRoyal99 Yeah I wouldn't want Dann playing after his last couple of games, I was hoping/expecting that he might turn out to be decent with a few games under his belt (I mean, very optimistic me is saying he might) and a bit more fitness but it doesn't seem like it's turning out that way. Admittedly, the one thing I did see him doing last Friday was a bit of organising around, but is that really enough to warrant a spot?

Loum tends to be a bit all over the place when he's been out of the side for a couple of games, seems to take him a game or two to find his feet again so hopefully some consistent starts will see him get back to a more consistent level. Obviously, when you pick up that many bookings and the odd injury/rotation it will be hard.

Loum is actually someone I'd consider signing if the price was right (so very low/free) just for the sake of some continuity and I think he could improve on this season with another season in this league now he's had experience.

They were quoting $5 million at the start of the season!! no way on earth would i pay that!!!!!! PS i do not have a pound sign on my keyboard, so it's $5 million in Canadian dollars lol....which is still around 3 million pounds which is about 4 times the price i would pay for this donkey :D :D

Yeah certainly not for the price we were quoted previously, but you can see he has something about him and possibly a bit of faith in the player and continuity after a season in this league might see him improve next season. He won't be the first/last player to improve after a season in England or at the club anyway.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Feb 2023 11:55

Snowflake Royal
Would really like to see something from Sarr, but I think Holmes, McIntyre and Mbengue are all better defenders.

I'd find a seniors competition for Dann.

Didn’t see a lot wrong with Dann’s performance last week. I think some people like to come in with pre-conceived ideas. Didn’t look too comfortable with the ball but there’s such a chronic lack of movement in the side that it’s difficult as a defender in this side

Agree with Sarr mind. Like Dann, he struggles with the ball but he also struggles defensively. For a defender of his size, he isn’t close to being dominant enough. Had high hopes but he’s been disappointing this season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Feb 2023 12:36

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
Would really like to see something from Sarr, but I think Holmes, McIntyre and Mbengue are all better defenders.

I'd find a seniors competition for Dann.

Didn’t see a lot wrong with Dann’s performance last week. I think some people like to come in with pre-conceived ideas. Didn’t look too comfortable with the ball but there’s such a chronic lack of movement in the side that it’s difficult as a defender in this side

Agree with Sarr mind. Like Dann, he struggles with the ball but he also struggles defensively. For a defender of his size, he isn’t close to being dominant enough. Had high hopes but he’s been disappointing this season.

Dann's obviously good at defending. Or at least was. His problem is his legs are long gone and he is incapable of getting to where he needs to be on the pitch. And that forces his teammates to compensate for him, when they're already struggling enough on their own.

He's a force divider.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Feb 2023 12:58

Dann got absolutely rinsed when the cardiff forward got behind him and got the shot away which Lumley had to save. Also when he gave away that terrible yellow card/free kick

They were two things he definitely did wrong. He’s just too immobile

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Feb 2023 13:05

Can't wait for 5-3-2 with 2 defensive mids.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Feb 2023 13:38

tidus_mi2 Can't wait for 5-3-2 with 2 defensive mids.

Only 24 hours to go :D

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 24 Feb 2023 17:30

I’m not looking forward to this one, as last season’s dread under Pauno has returned for me. I know they’re second from bottom but I’ve a horrible feeling they’ll be too lively and mobile for us.

I really hope I’m wrong but having watched us play so many negative, sh*t games (apart from Blackburn) I fear the worst. Maybe the bigger than normal crowd can help make a difference.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 24 Feb 2023 20:53

blythspartan I’m not looking forward to this one, as last season’s dread under Pauno has returned for me. I know they’re second from bottom but I’ve a horrible feeling they’ll be too lively and mobile for us.

I really hope I’m wrong but having watched us play so many negative, sh*t games (apart from Blackburn) I fear the worst. Maybe the bigger than normal crowd can help make a difference.

With you on this, we just don't do anything the easy way!!! This game is so pivotal for us, win and we really are only a few points away from safety....lose and with the run of games coming up we really could be thrown right back into the mix.

I honestly think Ince will go with 5 at the back and we will get beat. However, a win in front of a big crowd would give everyone a huge lift and hopefully allow us to go into this tough run of games with a more positive we have nothing to lose attitude and maybe a change to a more attacking style of play.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Feb 2023 21:25

I mean, the defensive tactics are frustrating but we have continued to win at home despite Ince's insistence on sticking with it so maybe it will be okay.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Feb 2023 07:06

Hound Dann got absolutely rinsed when the cardiff forward got behind him and got the shot away which Lumley had to save. Also when he gave away that terrible yellow card/free kick

Think that first one is tough on Dann, Sarr let the man run across him and behind Dann, who was well placed. Striker was quick and already had 3m on Dann who also had to turn. A lot of quicker defenders would not have caught up either.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Feb 2023 10:15

This game has "banana skin" all over it. I have family connections with 2 Blackpool STHs and I just know I'm going to get a load of stick when we lose. I'm still seething at throwing away a 2-0 lead against them last year.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Feb 2023 10:47

We may well lose but no reason to go into it expecting it.

We have scored 2 goals in each of the last 5 home games, so whilst it will be a tough game, we are likely to at least score.

Will likely lose 1-0 now I've said that mind.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Feb 2023 11:51

tidus_mi2 I mean, the defensive tactics are frustrating but we have continued to win at home despite Ince's insistence on sticking with it so maybe it will be okay.

After Rotherham, I fear a poor first half performance and going in down at HT could get really toxic.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Feb 2023 11:53

Stranded
Hound Dann got absolutely rinsed when the cardiff forward got behind him and got the shot away which Lumley had to save. Also when he gave away that terrible yellow card/free kick

Think that first one is tough on Dann, Sarr let the man run across him and behind Dann, who was well placed. Striker was quick and already had 3m on Dann who also had to turn. A lot of quicker defenders would not have caught up either.

I remember that, Dann had about a 3 yard head start on about a 10 yard sprint and got beaten there by 5 yards.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 25 Feb 2023 13:53

4-5-1.

Dann and the Italian start

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Feb 2023 14:04

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Feb 2023 14:05

gazzer, loyal royal 4-5-1.

Dann and the Italian start

1 up front at home to Blackpool!

Dread to think who negative Nancy will select when someone good comes to town!

211 posts