Do you want Ince as our manager next season.

165 posts

Do you want ince to continue as manager next season?

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 93
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Do you want Ince as our manager next season.

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Mar 2023 19:57

Brogue
tmesis
NewCorkSeth My opinion is that a competent manager would have gotten us to 15 wins already

No side below 7th has reached 15 wins yet.

Suggesting not doing so is a sign of incompetence, is a bit of a stretch, especially considering our patched up squad of free transfers and loans.

Especially as in the same breath he says he doesn’t expect us to be top or mid table.

I dont think that come the end of the season we will be top or mid table*

I want and expected us to get 15 wins this season and, given we got 7 in our first 12 games I think its reasonable to have expected us to have crossed that milestone by this point. There are a lot of games between that draw against Norwich and now that I believe a decent manager would have gotten a result out of. I guess you can argue that Ince is due credit for the start but this attitude of the team is too shit to get better results out of is just incorrect.

Fezza

by Fezza » 05 Mar 2023 20:07

I fully expect that Man Utd fans are calling for ten Hag's head tonight having been smashed by Brentford, Cadiz, City, Villa and now the Scousers this season, especially since they've spent 1/4 billion...

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 05 Mar 2023 20:11

Fezza I fully expect that Man Utd fans are calling for ten Hag's head tonight having been smashed by Brentford, Cadiz, City, Villa and now the Scousers this season, especially since they've spent 1/4 billion...

Not sure he’d come here. And wcbap

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 05 Mar 2023 20:14

Emphatically yes.

All things considered, the club has done very well to get through this time without any serious relegation risk (potential points deductions aside). PInce deserves his share of the credit and has earnt the right to have another season with a transfer window in which we can (sort of) buy players.

I'm watching the same away games as you guys - yes, they are awful. But i'm keeping the faith.

And ultimately this comes down to whether we could get a better manager in. Sure - if the club can entice someone with proven success at the Championship/PL level then I'd consider it. But we all know that whoever they get will be another gamble.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Mar 2023 20:33

Spot-on EPK

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 Mar 2023 21:05

NewCorkSeth
Hound
NewCorkSeth We have also turned results from wins or draws into defeats? What progress have we made on the pitch? Very few of our results have come because of managerial decisions beyond starting Tom Ince. There are just no signs that we are operating on the pitch with any vision for the future.

Not sure we could very progress a lot on the pitch this year. Holmes, McIntyre, Azeez another years experience in them, Abrefa, Abbey, CBC a bit closer to the first team and the u21s looking in half decent shape is encouraging but agree the main spine of the first team will just disappear again in the summer

On paper he has done pretty well but fully agree actually watching us is a real chore atm and we’re not a good side

My opinion is that a competent manager would have gotten us to 15 wins already and that if we were a side defined by our hard work and graft we would have drawn more than 5 games this season.

I think the progress on the pitch for me would be to see some sort of plan for next year, players we will actually have being given more minutes, a formation that we would see as our starting tactic going forward. It just seems to me that were watching a manager who doesnt know what he wants to do with this team. He doesnt know Meite is strong on the right hand side? We cant play football because the players are too shit? We brought in Casadei but the manager doesnt want to play him because hes not got any experience outside of under21s football? Was it a Bowen signing then? does the manager have no say in signings? its all a mystery to the fans and, given his interveiws, its a mystery to Ince too. He comes across so confidently clueless.

I dont expect us to be top or even mid table, but I expect to see some sort of semblance of a plan. Watching Boro I sat there thinking this is Ince playing a back 4 against one of the in form attacking teams to spite the fans. "I told you it wouldnt work". Saw a joke that Ince has been told hes not getting a contract for next season and has downed tools and sometimes i cant help but believe it.

15 wins and a few more draws would have us in the top 6, do you seriously believe this squad is that good?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Mar 2023 21:29

Mid Sussex Royal
NewCorkSeth
Hound
Not sure we could very progress a lot on the pitch this year. Holmes, McIntyre, Azeez another years experience in them, Abrefa, Abbey, CBC a bit closer to the first team and the u21s looking in half decent shape is encouraging but agree the main spine of the first team will just disappear again in the summer

On paper he has done pretty well but fully agree actually watching us is a real chore atm and we’re not a good side

My opinion is that a competent manager would have gotten us to 15 wins already and that if we were a side defined by our hard work and graft we would have drawn more than 5 games this season.

I think the progress on the pitch for me would be to see some sort of plan for next year, players we will actually have being given more minutes, a formation that we would see as our starting tactic going forward. It just seems to me that were watching a manager who doesnt know what he wants to do with this team. He doesnt know Meite is strong on the right hand side? We cant play football because the players are too shit? We brought in Casadei but the manager doesnt want to play him because hes not got any experience outside of under21s football? Was it a Bowen signing then? does the manager have no say in signings? its all a mystery to the fans and, given his interveiws, its a mystery to Ince too. He comes across so confidently clueless.

I dont expect us to be top or even mid table, but I expect to see some sort of semblance of a plan. Watching Boro I sat there thinking this is Ince playing a back 4 against one of the in form attacking teams to spite the fans. "I told you it wouldnt work". Saw a joke that Ince has been told hes not getting a contract for next season and has downed tools and sometimes i cant help but believe it.

15 wins and a few more draws would have us in the top 6, do you seriously believe this squad is that good?

Yeah i see that isnt clear.

I think that we should have 2 more wins by this point or we have a manager who manages to turn a good few of those defeats into draws. not both at the same time. I was trying to say we dont have an identity as a tough to beat, hard working team becasue if we did then we would have drawn more games. During the same post i was saying a more competent manager wins at least 2 more games. Birmingham and Cardiff for example.

I dont think that this is a top squad obviously. I just think that in many games this season it has been the manager who is at fault for the defeats and individuals who have been the reasons for victory. How many games would you say there has been a clear game plan that worked? Millwall?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 05 Mar 2023 22:34

Thoroughly whelmed. He's absolutely fine. Done a good job that has gradually felt less impressive as the season has gone on.

Obviously in hindsight we should never have sacked Paunovic. There's a chance that our next manager would be someone of that calibre, but it could just as easily be someone worse than Ince. Better the devil you know etc.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Mar 2023 23:56

SCIAG Thoroughly whelmed. He's absolutely fine. Done a good job that has gradually felt less impressive as the season has gone on.

Obviously in hindsight we should never have sacked Paunovic. There's a chance that our next manager would be someone of that calibre, but it could just as easily be someone worse than Ince. Better the devil you know etc.

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 06 Mar 2023 00:20

Anyone we get in if there’s still an embargo in the summer is doomed to fail. This is not a good group of players and is about to get drastically worse on the goal scoring front should both Joao and Meite go. I don’t rate him as a manager, but I don’t think many people would be doing much better than Paul Ince this season.

If there is more market flexibility though, then it’s an easy decision.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 06 Mar 2023 07:47

Snowflake Royal
SCIAG Thoroughly whelmed. He's absolutely fine. Done a good job that has gradually felt less impressive as the season has gone on.

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 Mar 2023 08:45

Obvious troll is obvious.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Mar 2023 08:47

NewCorkSeth
Mid Sussex Royal
NewCorkSeth My opinion is that a competent manager would have gotten us to 15 wins already and that if we were a side defined by our hard work and graft we would have drawn more than 5 games this season.

I think that we should have 2 more wins by this point or we have a manager who manages to turn a good few of those defeats into draws. not both at the same time. I was trying to say we dont have an identity as a tough to beat, hard working team becasue if we did then we would have drawn more games. During the same post i was saying a more competent manager wins at least 2 more games. Birmingham and Cardiff for example.

I dont think that this is a top squad obviously. I just think that in many games this season it has been the manager who is at fault for the defeats and individuals who have been the reasons for victory. How many games would you say there has been a clear game plan that worked? Millwall?

Have you considered that maybe he's already turned a lot more defeats into wins already? Given our points total (despite our position when the 6 points come off), we can say we are still doing significantly better than what most thought we would have done.

I don't really like going down the route of, "yeah we should have won these games" because it all balances out. On paper, we should have done better in the defeats at Birmingham and Cardiff but I'm sure there are various examples of games where we probably were a tad fortunate to come away with a win, the recent home game against Rotherham for instance as well as a few others.

Blackburn and Swansea both worked where I noticed we were different than normal. But every game we've played this season we will have had a plan.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Mar 2023 10:25

No

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Mar 2023 10:35

YorkshireRoyal99
NewCorkSeth
Mid Sussex Royal

Have you considered that maybe he's already turned a lot more defeats into wins already? Given our points total (despite our position when the 6 points come off), we can say we are still doing significantly better than what most thought we would have done.

I don't really like going down the route of, "yeah we should have won these games" because it all balances out. On paper, we should have done better in the defeats at Birmingham and Cardiff but I'm sure there are various examples of games where we probably were a tad fortunate to come away with a win, the recent home game against Rotherham for instance as well as a few others.

Blackburn and Swansea both worked where I noticed we were different than normal. But every game we've played this season we will have had a plan.

I shudder to think what the hell that plan was yesterday.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Mar 2023 21:38

Sutekh
YorkshireRoyal99
NewCorkSeth Yeah i see that isnt clear.

Andy Carroll is our plan A,B,C,D....
Lump it to him and see what happens.....isn't that the plan?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 13 Mar 2023 23:31

Sutekh
YorkshireRoyal99
NewCorkSeth Yeah i see that isnt clear.

Whatever it was, it was stifled by a Millwall team well skilled in classic shithousery, who did all they could to stop a game of football breaking out.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 14 Mar 2023 08:17

If Ince is the manager next season then we will have stayed up, so yes I want him to be the manager

elrey

by elrey » 14 Mar 2023 08:48

Ince has a tendency to do well for a while and then completely fall off the wagon.

This year we've played 11 games, won two, against 20th and 22nd in the table. We've drawn two, against a team which sacked their manager and 19th.

I can't imagine anything from Blackburn, Hull have won 4 in 2023, they beat West Brom and drew with Coventry, so, probably another 1-0 or 5-0 defeat.

There are some winnable games in April, Wigan, Birmingham, and Huddersfield in May.... but the problem is this is so Ince. To start well and then fall down and down and down, even the easy games will not be easy any more. It's like he pushes the players so much that they can't perform after a while. It's like he got a little pick me up from the World Cup break, still lost to Birmingham, but then after about 4 games it all fell apart again.

I don't know who else would come in and do a better job.... it's a difficult one. We're just not the sort of club anyone would want to manage.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Mar 2023 09:27

elrey
This year we've played 11 games, won two, against 20th and 22nd in the table. We've drawn two, against a team which sacked their manager and 19th.

Slightly misleading here.

QPR were in 13th and above us when we drew with them, not 19th.
Watford were 9th and above us when we drew with them, you missed out their position all together. Not sure what sacking their manager has anything to do with it, seeing as it a) didn't come immediately after our game and b) it is Watford who have a history of sacking their managers way too quickly.

Whilst still not great, lets get facts right before we make an argument.

165 posts