Do you want Ince as our manager next season.

165 posts

Do you want ince to continue as manager next season?

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 93
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Do you want Ince as our manager next season.

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Mar 2023 18:02

Just something to mention or debate......Get Reading saying our season ticket sales are just 9000 now. I wonder how much money we have lost in ticket sales because the football is that bad. By all means ride this season out.....or Sack Ince and let Bowen run the team til the end of the season......but it would really be bad press to keep someone in charge whose football is at times turgid and crap. I don't expect us to have a strong squad next season either but we need a tried and test Championship manager (for a change) . I would still take Ainsworth btw. I think given time he could build something. QPR won't give home time....few more Tonkin's and he might be available.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Mar 2023 19:49

Ascotexgunner Just something to mention or debate......Get Reading saying our season ticket sales are just 9000 now. I wonder how much money we have lost in ticket sales because the football is that bad. By all means ride this season out.....or Sack Ince and let Bowen run the team til the end of the season......but it would really be bad press to keep someone in charge whose football is at times turgid and crap. I don't expect us to have a strong squad next season either but we need a tried and test Championship manager (for a change) . I would still take Ainsworth btw. I think given time he could build something. QPR won't give home time....few more Tonkin's and he might be available.
Ainsworth is at QPR….he’s gone mate.

Who (tried and tested Championship manager….to quote you) do you think wants to come here, given all of our ‘background noise?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Mar 2023 19:58

AthleticoSpizz
Ascotexgunner Just something to mention or debate......Get Reading saying our season ticket sales are just 9000 now. I wonder how much money we have lost in ticket sales because the football is that bad. By all means ride this season out.....or Sack Ince and let Bowen run the team til the end of the season......but it would really be bad press to keep someone in charge whose football is at times turgid and crap. I don't expect us to have a strong squad next season either but we need a tried and test Championship manager (for a change) . I would still take Ainsworth btw. I think given time he could build something. QPR won't give home time....few more Tonkin's and he might be available.

Who (tried and tested Championship manager….to quote you) do you think wants to come here, given all of our ‘background noise?

Dean Smith, Nathan Jones, Frank Lampard?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Mar 2023 20:00

I suspect if Ainsworth was here we’d also play turgid crap tbh

We’ll play better football if we can get some better players in basically

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Mar 2023 20:01

Here is video on the bbc - Vincent kompany discussing the Patrick viera sacking. Replace the words Patrick viera and replace the club Crystal Palace and this explains why ince shouldn’t be sacked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64995055

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Mar 2023 20:03

Royal_jimmy
AthleticoSpizz

none of which would be coming here….get real :roll:

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Mar 2023 20:22

AthleticoSpizz
Royal_jimmy
AthleticoSpizz Ainsworth is at QPR….he’s gone mate.

none of which would be coming here….get real :roll:

To be fair, Nathan Jones might know it could be a while before he can get the Luton job again.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 17 Mar 2023 21:00

Frank Lampard would be an exciting appointment, as long as he brought Mason Mount, Fikayo Tomori and Harry Wilson with him.

Mark McGhee is available.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Mar 2023 08:45

Wants tried and tested Championship manager. Names Gareth Ainsworth. :roll:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Mar 2023 10:36

I’d rather have McGhee than Ainsworth.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Mar 2023 12:09

Snowflake Royal

Wants tried and tested Championship manager. Names Gareth Ainsworth. :roll:

Yeah,I said I would take Ainsworth if he was available......so I named him, otherwise I want someone with EFL experience and who has achieved something. Why is that a rolleyes?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Mar 2023 12:51

Alan Pardew

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Mar 2023 15:37

Sutekh Alan Pardew

He is an odd one. Got Newcastle to fifth. Great management record, yet vanished off the face of the earth.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Mar 2023 18:11

Ascotexgunner
Sutekh Alan Pardew

He is an odd one. Got Newcastle to fifth. Great management record, yet vanished off the face of the earth.

The issue is that his managerial record over the last decade is really shit.

Was given huge amounts of money to spend by Mike Ashley, brought in players like Cabaye, Ba, Debuchy, Sissoko, but had an awful awful 2014 after Ba and Cabaye left. Went to Palace after Christmas. Good 2015, followed by an awful 2016 (only 6 wins) and was sacked with the club in 17th.

Only lasted four months at West Brom, left them bottom of the league (17th when he took over). 14% win rate.

Would have got ADO Den Haag relegated but the season was cancelled. 12% win rate.

Left CSKA Sofia after 7 games because fans racially abused their own players. 1 win in 7.

Hugely underperformed with Aris and fired after only five months.

So yeah, in the last ten years he's had two good ones... which is about the same as Reading.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 18 Mar 2023 18:19

I’d just like a manager that isn’t shit

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Mar 2023 18:34

Brogue I’d just like a manager that isn’t shit

One that watches the game analyses the game and makes changes at the next game based on what he’s seen and thought about.

It really is very low fcuking bar.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Mar 2023 19:21

I'd like a manager whose team selections suggest there is a plan in how to win a game.

Even Pauno had a plan. It was a shit out of date plan. But you knew what he wanted to happen. Pass the ball to Swift and have him create some magic.

But with Ince it appears to be kick it at Carroll's chest / head, but don't have any runners off him or players near by to receive the ball off him. And certainly don't make use of his aerial ability by regularly crossing to him in the box.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Mar 2023 19:30

We definitely seem to have regressed over the season which is disappointing

I’m still a bit on the fence. I do think the team really is pretty poor, but Ince isn’t helping matters either

Do feel we kind of felt it was job done after Blackpool which without this points deduction nonsense it pretty much was.

Genuinely not sure we can find someone who will do loads better. Worn down with crap season after crap season tbh. Even Pauno one was crap for half of it and we never got to be there for when we were quite good

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Mar 2023 20:21

leon
Brogue I’d just like a manager that isn’t shit

One that watches the game analyses the game and makes changes at the next game based on what he’s seen and thought about.

It really is very low fcuking bar.

Or at least one that is capable making worthwhile substitutions and even giving them enough time to try and effect a game’s outcome.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Mar 2023 21:08

…how did we ever survive with managers who could only name and play one substitute? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

165 posts