MATCHWATCH : Hull City (h)

213 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (h)

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Mar 2023 12:52

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal Can't be a great feeling in the squad with the manager constantly telling you all you aren’t good enough for the division, whilst his son berates you for any error on the pitch, hiding from his own and being untouchable.

This definitely feels like the vibe in the squad. It isn't healthy at all but then it's worked for much of the season some how

It's getting way worse recently though.

For a player who came through the early Fergie dark times and won titles you'd think Paul would handle pressure better

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 19 Mar 2023 13:05

AthleticoSpizz
Ascotexgunner
Half Horse
Absolutely! If his remit for this season was to keep us up then he should be given a chance next season.

Really???????? Another shit season of shit football, a new contract for him (only to sack him by November and piss more money on paying another manager out of his contract). No thanks. I'd rather take may chance with someone else.
(yet again) who?

(remember, SSCoppell wasn’t an instant success spending SJM’s money…it took a while….and without the ‘embargoes’

Keep it real

There is no point in giving names now, Ince is going nowhere and financially, hiring a new manager is out of the question. Bowen is the only alternative available, but that's not gonna happen. The original question was do we give Ince a new contract, and I would say a big fat no. Take a raincheck in the summer and see who is available.....if we do go down the bar as to who we take on is lowered as well.........I just cannot take another season of Ince undermining our young players and saying they are not good enough....or writing off the older players.
As far as the injury arguement goes, we have had a decent squad for the last few months yet we have returned only 5 wins in 25....or something like that. It's poor and you can understand why the fanbase is split.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Mar 2023 13:11

Tbh, I can’t understamd why anyone would defend Ince at this point. There's nothing to be split about.

Boo hoo finances. Boo hoo injuries. Boo hoo pre-season expectations.

Fact is, we have got progressively worse as the season goes on. And we're barely even trying to pick up points these days.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Mar 2023 13:12

The thing about yesterday was we could have lost it. The ref was on our side and they could and probably should have had a penalty for the first half handball. It looked blatant but there wasn't any appeals.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Mar 2023 13:13

Snowflake Royal Tbh, I can’t understamd why anyone would defend Ince at this point. There's nothing to be split about.

Boo hoo finances. Boo hoo injuries. Boo hoo pre-season expectations.

Fact is, we have got progressively worse as the season goes on. And we're barely even trying to pick up points these days.

Exactly. Managers have to work with what they have. He should adapt to the players available but just moans all the time

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Mar 2023 13:14

Royal_jimmy The thing about yesterday was we could have lost it. The ref was on our side and they could and probably should have had a penalty for the first half handball. It looked blatant but there wasn't any appeals.

Well I'd love to see it again because from my very far away view, it looked like it hit him in a natural position.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Mar 2023 13:40

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal Can't be a great feeling in the squad with the manager constantly telling you all you aren’t good enough for the division, whilst his son berates you for any error on the pitch, hiding from his own and being untouchable.

This definitely feels like the vibe in the squad. It isn't healthy at all but then it's worked for much of the season some how

For a player who came through the early Fergie dark times and won titles you'd think Paul would handle pressure better

That is true but Paul Ince is 55. He retired from the game like 20 years ago. Maybe he's arrogant and think his way of doing things is better

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Mar 2023 13:51

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy

That is true but Paul Ince is 55. He retired from the game like 20 years ago. Maybe he's arrogant and think his way of doing things is better

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 19 Mar 2023 14:03

Royal_jimmy The thing about yesterday was we could have lost it. The ref was on our side and they could and probably should have had a penalty for the first half handball. It looked blatant but there wasn't any appeals.

Last season they got an undeserved draw here when we were denied three clear penalties. I'd say we're even.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 19 Mar 2023 15:17

Watching Seri and Slater controlling midfield yesterday for them I was wondering when we last had a midfield where simple pass and move football got us up the pitch.
Was it as far back as Sidwell and Harper.

Don't agree at all with the posters who have kept on about Hull being poor-we were poor playing at home to a mid-table side, we were second best for most of the game but , fortunately, we end up with what might be a valuable point.

We have seen other sides come here such as Coventry and Sunderland who at times looked a division higher with expressive attacking football whereas we play what used to be Div 4 stuff of long-ball to a big striker, play for free-kicks all in the hope that we might snatch something.
Surely we have players capable of doing more than that or do we?

We are not the only club that hasn't bought players, we are not the only club with injuries as Ince would have us believe-didn't Hull have to sell their best player Keane Lewis-Porter?
Rosenior looks to have done a good job with them and they were struggling when he went there.

Oh well, not too many more games left thank goodness-as others have said regularly we are a hard watch and just have to hope for better days next season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Mar 2023 15:23

South Coast Royal Watching Seri and Slater controlling midfield yesterday for them I was wondering when we last had a midfield where simple pass and move football got us up the pitch.
Was it as far back as Sidwell and Harper.

Don't agree at all with the posters who have kept on about Hull being poor-we were poor playing at home to a mid-table side, we were second best for most of the game but , fortunately, we end up with what might be a valuable point.

We have seen other sides come here such as Coventry and Sunderland who at times looked a division higher with expressive attacking football whereas we play what used to be Div 4 stuff of long-ball to a big striker, play for free-kicks all in the hope that we might snatch something.
Surely we have players capable of doing more than that or do we?

We are not the only club that hasn't bought players, we are not the only club with injuries as Ince would have us believe-didn't Hull have to sell their best player Keane Lewis-Porter?
Rosenior looks to have done a good job with them and they were struggling when he went there.

Oh well, not too many more games left thank goodness-as others have said regularly we are a hard watch and just have to hope for better days next season.
Howerd, Tabb & Sigurdsson. Norwood and Williams to an extent too.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Mar 2023 16:53

I really do think we have a poor team, not completely excusing Ince here as far from impressed with what is being served up, but player for player we are bottom 5 imo. Even most of our wins this year have been a real struggle

Lumley - joke figure before we signed him
Yiadom, Holmes, TMc - all are just about ok individually but part of the worst defence in the division for about 3 years
Sarr - let go by a team who have spent all seaosn in the bottom 3
Dann - slower than me, constantly injured
Baba - bang average last year, worse this
NGW - potential but relegated from div1 last year
Hendrick - we’ll past his best, terrible at qpr last year by all accounts
Loum - some ability but zero concentration and consistency
Ince - hated by Stoke fans, barely played for 2 years
Carroll - old and no one else wanted him. Failed a medical
Long - old and barely scored for years
Meite/Ejaria - been out of form for 2 years. Dodgy attitude with Ejaria and some weirdness in Covid times
Azeez - young and constantly injured
Joao - mega inconsistent, knocking on and out of form
Moore - constantly injured
Fornah - prob not up to this level, never played in the champ previous
Casadei - never played this level or much men’s football
Ehib, Abbey etc - young with potential but not quite ready from the look of it

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Mar 2023 17:20

Hound I really do think we have a poor team, not completely excusing Ince here as far from impressed with what is being served up, but player for player we are bottom 5 imo. Even most of our wins this year have been a real struggle

Yiadom, Holmes, TMc - all are just about ok individually but part of the worst defence in the division for about 3 years
Meite/Ejaria - been out of form for 2 years. Dodgy attitude with Ejaria and some weirdness in Covid times

It's almost like I was right when I said our signings weren't very good and they were being hailed. Although that's as one eyed negative a look at our players as the one-eyed positive look people were taking at the start of the season.

There's still plenty there to finish lower mid-table with if used properly and encouraged.

MR.CYNICAL

by MR.CYNICAL » 19 Mar 2023 17:29

Agree with SCR, Inces tactics are from the dark ages, Alex Rae can do one as well.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Mar 2023 17:35

Hound I really do think we have a poor team, not completely excusing Ince here as far from impressed with what is being served up, but player for player we are bottom 5 imo. Even most of our wins this year have been a real struggle

I agree that our team isn’t good. Initially, I thought we’d made some astute signings but we were fishing at the bottom of the pond and as the season has progressed it’s clear that the team is limited. However, Ince isn’t playing players in the right position and there’s no real game plan. I’d rather see someone like NGW playing regularly even if he’s making the odd defensive error. After yesterday’s debacle I don’t want PInce in charge next season.

I actually thought Hull were decent until they got to the penalty area and if they get one or two good strikers they could be useful next season. We don’t look like a football team atm and with the points deduction coming next week I don’t see how we’ll survive.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Mar 2023 17:40

blythspartan

I agree that our team isn’t good. Initially, I thought we’d made some astute signings but we were fishing at the bottom of the pond and as the season has progressed it’s clear that the team is limited. However, Ince isn’t playing players in the right position and there’s no real game plan. I’d rather see someone like NGW playing regularly even if he’s making the odd defensive error. After yesterday’s debacle I don’t want PInce in charge next season.

I actually thought Hull were decent until they got to the penalty area and if they get one or two good strikers they could be useful next season. We don’t look like a football team atm and with the points deduction coming next week I don’t see how we’ll survive.

It was also clear Hull had plenty of defensive mistakes in them, when we pressed them they looked very uncomfortable, I don't think we did it enough.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Mar 2023 17:48

Ok so we’re saying our players are shite. So that gets Ince off the hook then and presumably means we’re Bowen out instead? Just checking.

No secret that I like Ince, but I think we do have fairly decent players and am disappointed that we can’t play in a way that gets the best out of them. Our game plan is lump it to Carroll and hope Tom Ince’s hard work pays off.

MR.CYNICAL

by MR.CYNICAL » 19 Mar 2023 18:37

Why do you like Ince when you accept that he can't get the best out of his players?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Mar 2023 18:40

Millsy Ok so we’re saying our players are shite. So that gets Ince off the hook then and presumably means we’re Bowen out instead? Just checking.

No secret that I like Ince, but I think we do have fairly decent players and am disappointed that we can’t play in a way that gets the best out of them. Our game plan is lump it to Carroll and hope Tom Ince’s hard work pays off.

Nope not Bowen’s fault - remember we’ve had no budget to play with and the likes of Hendrick were prob as good as we could hope for. And tbf the experience of the likes of Carroll, Long and Ince has won us points.

From the state of the trialists we had pre season he did well to get as good as team as we have. It’s still crap though

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Mar 2023 18:42

Orion1871

Last season they got an undeserved draw here when we were denied three clear penalties. I'd say we're even.

Fair point. I forgot about that game

213 posts