money on when coppell will leave reading/ Forster to get 15?

294 posts
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 25 Jul 2005 13:21

Some cracking responses in here.

Anyone slightly embarrassed?

Berry

by Berry » 25 Jul 2005 14:10

This Season IMO is the first for many years that we can really have a real go at promotion, and out come the doom mongers, reading the texts about Fozzy scoring 15 goals is laughable, I loved him at Reading but in his twilight injury hit years hed be lucky to muster say 6 or 7 goals, Jesus Christ whats up with people on here, he wasnt a team player, he scored some lovely goals but was never a goalscorer. My mate last season had the balls to stand up in the East stand and shout "Coppell Out" boy did he get slagged off, he even says lets give him a chance, the signings show we are moving the right way...Back the Boys...Cmon URZZZZZZZZZZz

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 25 Jul 2005 14:10

Oh dear, there are loads....

Jeffers 217 :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 25 Jul 2005 14:18

Coppell's Right Footed 11
RoyalBird
Coppell's Right Footed 11 cos hes crap in the transfer market, and has not progressed us in the slighest. We have a worse squad than when he took over!

That doesn't mean he won't buy excellent players! How do you know he hasn't got Lita lined up or Aliaderie (spelling?) coming on loan to Reading? There's still a month to go before the start of the season people! Give him a little more time!

because alladiere signed for celtic today on loan, and lita said he's not going anywhere? do you keep upto date on news?

This was my personal favourite!

Berry

by Berry » 25 Jul 2005 14:26

Platypuss
RoyalBird
Coppell's Right Footed 11 cos hes crap in the transfer market, and has not progressed us in the slighest. We have a worse squad than when he took over!

That doesn't mean he won't buy excellent players! How do you know he hasn't got Lita lined up or Aliaderie (spelling?) coming on loan to Reading? There's still a month to go before the start of the season people! Give him a little more time!

because alladiere signed for celtic today on loan, and lita said he's not going anywhere? do you keep upto date on news?

This was my personal favourite!

Hey Platypuss, Do you need to be Mad to go on here? Do I qualify Ive heard we may be re-signing Adie Williams fom Wolves!! :shock:

Skyline

by Skyline » 25 Jul 2005 14:42

Royalee
Platypuss
18urz71 Because Lita said he wants to stay at Bristol City, and Aliaderie is on loan at Celtic. Coppell just can't attract bigger name players to the club like Pardew could. Pardew's era was about ambition and success, whereas Coppell's is about doing things on the cheap, and maintaining where we are.

Which "big name" players did Pardew attract to us since we've been in the Championship (which is the only fair comparison to make)?

Goater? :oops:
Murray? :oops:

Struggling now. Care to help out?

What we could do in "League 1" a few years back is wholly irrelevant now. We were small fish in a big pond then, but now we're relative small fry in with the big boys.

Luke Chadwick
Matthew Upson
Steve Sidwell was building a name for himself at this level and that was an ambitious signing.

I liked this one. Hands on hearts, no-one could say that Upson was a 'big name' when he came to us. It was only after his successful loan spell with us that he got picked up by Birmingham and propelled into the England team off that.

And how many people had heard of Sidwell before he joined us? Doubt if many Premiership fans could have named him, except maybe some of the more dedicated Arsenal fans.

fruits

by fruits » 26 Jul 2005 14:16

Royal Rother I don't think he's a particularly good finisher, and I think he creates most of his own goals rather than feeding off other players. Ok, he might have a better quality of ball delivered next season, but he's been like that for years at Reading, so I'm not just talking about last season.

In any case, to score 15 goals he needs to play a lot of games. I would doubt his fitness will hold up for 30 and he'll certainly need that many to bag 15 if he matches his usual conversion rate.

I doubt he is capable of scoring every other game.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 02 Aug 2005 16:03

Sorry, don't want this one to drop down too far!

dougdeep

by dougdeep » 03 Aug 2005 21:08

He'll walk out and go back to his beloved Palace one day.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 25 Sep 2005 14:18

I'm Mad After the way he walked out on Man City after just 33 days in charge; I'm suprised he's lasted this long and have to say that if were to walk out on us tomorrow it would have come about 18 months too late for my liking.

Quality!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Sep 2005 14:21

Platypuss
I'm Mad After the way he walked out on Man City after just 33 days in charge; I'm suprised he's lasted this long and have to say that if were to walk out on us tomorrow it would have come about 18 months too late for my liking.

Quality!

:lol:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 25 Sep 2005 14:23

Coppell's Right Footed 11 agreed, coppell is crap in the transfer market and can't attract players! as soon as we get rid of him and bring in a lively goood motivational manager the better. The club is boring me to death at the moment and so is coppell.

Oh dear!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Sep 2005 14:25

Recipe for humble pie: scrape egg off face, beat self senseless......

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Sep 2005 14:26

Keep trawling Platy this is top fun.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 25 Sep 2005 14:27

You are a wicked person Mr Puss.

Keep it up!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 16 Oct 2005 22:41

Seven pages packed full of chewy goodness! :lol:

dink

by dink » 22 Oct 2005 19:14

ITFC
Royal Rother What I meant was that I'm confused as to whether you're pro or anti Coppell. I don't hang on your every word but I detect confusing messages at times!

Oh and Forster - good player - overrated by Reading fans - nobody ever established a partnership with him which I believe held us back. I like him, he's intelligent, committed and a nice bloke by all accounts but I can assure you there is very little chance of him bagging 15 goals next season, even he plays every game. Which he most certainly won't.

Oh and Coppell actually said when he joined us that he would consider it a failure if RFC were not in The Premiership by 2005/6 season and that was why he only wanted a 2 year contract. I'm pretty sure he said he would go if he failed - yet here we are!

I'll pay £50 to a charity of your choice if he doesnt bag 15 next season. We play much more attacking football, not just compared to you but everyone else in the division, that may just suit him.

lol

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Oct 2005 21:08

Platypuss Seven pages packed full of chewy goodness! :lol:

Where do you park your JCB between excavations :P

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 22 Oct 2005 21:13

Jeffers217 Please now! Can't sign a named player to save his life, couldnt even sign Powell. Damaged all the enthusiasm of the club and damaged the half decent football we used to play. Added to this players have lost confidence- Harper, Murty, etc

Football is a funny old game. :D

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 23 Oct 2005 09:09

RoyalBird
RoyalBird
Jeffers217 Please now! Can't sign a named player to save his life, couldnt even sign Powell. Damaged all the enthusiasm of the club and damaged the half decent football we used to play. Added to this players have lost confidence- Harper, Murty, etc

Be quiet and have some optimism! The season hasn't even started and some of you guys are moaning about him! :roll:

AND THERE'S STILL A FREAKING MONTH TILL THE SEASON STARTS SO HOW DO YOU KNOW COPPELL HASN'T GOT ANYONE LINED UP?!??!?

ALL YOU MOANERS CAN JUST OXF*RD OFF AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED! :evil:

cos hes crap in the transfer market, and has not progressed us in the slighest. We have a worse squad than when he took over!

This is wonderful stuff!! :lol:

If only the team had taken more notice of the advice on this thread back in July, we could have been stuck going nowhere in a mid-table position by now. It would be far easier to handle and I wouldn't have to cope with this constant high level of anxious expectation. I'm very disappointed.

294 posts