Kitson on keyboard warriors

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Kitson on keyboard warriors

by TFF » 20 Jul 2006 12:21

"The fact is it's easy to slate people on these internet forums and the like. They are all faceless fans who refuse to come to the real Fans' Forums.

"If they were real men they wouldn't hide behind their computer screens, they'd speak to us face-to-face."

The Chronicle

HNA? fan then :lol:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 20 Jul 2006 12:27

Spot on Mr Kitson.

TVPRoyal

by TVPRoyal » 20 Jul 2006 12:31

Well Said Kits!! :D

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 20 Jul 2006 12:34

Take note, negative posters (i.e. West Stand Tosser, SDR, Bracknell RFC etc etc)

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 20 Jul 2006 12:48

Kitson tells it how it is. This forum is poor during the season and appalling during the summer.

Find me a fan site that isn't full of shit, mind you.

retired aggro
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Behaving in a drunk, Unruly And Arrogant, Truculent, Abusive And Non-compliant manner

by retired aggro » 20 Jul 2006 12:49

I think Kitson's a rubbish player, no where near Prem standard. And he's ginger.

dogmark01

by dogmark01 » 20 Jul 2006 12:54

retired aggro I think Kitson's a rubbish player, no where near Prem standard. And he's ginger.

most of us on here think your a to$$er but we dont say

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Jul 2006 12:54

If he was a real man he would have told us this face to face and not in print :lol:

Step aside Roy "Cinema" Smith and MV Chesson, Make way for Dave Kitson: Newspaper warrior :lol:

I'd happilly chat to the players and manager directly about football matters if they were to make themselves available during office hours and find a way for me to chat to them without my boss finding out, Until then I'll just have to make do with discussing my opinions on here or to the blokes sat next to me at work.

I don't see why I should pay £10 Star membership plus travel expenses to get into a fans forums just to tell the players how I feel when they obviously read these messageboards and can see for themselves. I'd much rather stay in and watch Eastenders.

Seriously though, I can see where Kitson is comming from. Maybe he should see where we're comming from, This is like a virtual pub with people talking about football (and other things), If we were criticising him in a pub and he walked in some would shut up and keep quiet for fear of upsetting him (He is quite big!), Others would be two faced speak to him and say the sun shines out of his rear whilst some, possibly those who've had 8 pints would go over to him and tell him he's been shite and needs to pull his finger out.

I'm happy to tell players to their faces when they've been crap, unless they look like they might Zidane me, but I won't go out of my way to stalk a player just to tell him to his face, He has Steve Coppell and co to do that.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Jul 2006 12:55

retired aggro I think Kitson's a rubbish player, no where near Prem standard. And he's ginger.
Lies Lies and er... a bit of truth (well he is ginger).

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 20 Jul 2006 12:59

SpaceCruiser Take note, negative posters (i.e. West Stand Tosser, SDR, Bracknell RFC etc etc)

Dave Kitson Real supporters have their say but they still support the team. That's what being a proper fan is all about.

People are entirely justified to be as critical as they like about the team and the club in general - so long as they put their money where their mouths are and support the club in terms of paying good money week-in week-out to watch. That is the bottom line as far as I am concerned.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 20 Jul 2006 13:03

I think Kitson has missed the point somewhat. Yes it is easy to slate the club from behind a computer screen (and many do) but may of the people on here do attend the fans forums, those that don't should not be looked down on as people have busy lives and can't always spare an evening to hear stuff that they can read on here the next day.

So apart from fans forums where you may or may not get a chance to ask a question where else can we talk to them face to face? I'd like to hear Kitson's view on that. Will he be making himself available for informal chats with fans and will he encourage his teammates and management to do the same?

I doubt it. Instead he will criticise us in the media.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 20 Jul 2006 13:06

As much as I rate him Kitson can be a knob sometimes.

But presumably(sp?) Kitson reads this forum? :?

Dear Dave,

The internet isn't real, we will say what we please. Stop being a cry baby or I'll make a thread detailing what you were saying to that waitress last Saturday after your game of golf. The wife would love that :wink:

(someone quote this before a mod deletes it)

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Jul 2006 13:07

AF1 Dear Dave,

The internet isn't real, we will say what we please. Stop being a cry baby or I'll make a thread detailing what you were saying to that waitress last Saturday after your game of golf. The wife would love that :wink:

(someone quote this before a mod deletes it)
Oh hang on, I am a mod :shock:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 20 Jul 2006 13:08

Wycombe Royal I think Kitson has missed the point somewhat. Yes it is easy to slate the club from behind a computer screen (and many do) but may of the people on here do attend the fans forums, those that don't should not be looked down on as people have busy lives and can't always spare an evening to hear stuff that they can read on here the next day.

So apart from fans forums where you may or may not get a chance to ask a question where else can we talk to them face to face? I'd like to hear Kitson's view on that. Will he be making himself available for informal chats with fans and will he encourage his teammates and management to do the same?

I doubt it. Instead he will criticise us in the media.

Exactly, I too think Kits has seriously missed the point. The fans forums wouldn't allow a proper chat between you and a player anyway, just to ask questions like 'do you like goal music?' 'who is the joker in the team?' etc.

I am unaware as to anyone really slating anyone on the team especially in the last 18 months. There's always debate about how a player has played or what he's doing but that's what fans talk about. The internet is just an easily accesible thing for fans from all around the world to discuss things.

If Kitson is offering to meet fans with negative things to say then by all means go for it Dave but until then your just having a go at fans via a newspaper and not face to face. Who's the keyboard warrior?

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 20 Jul 2006 13:13

I'll be having a word with Kitson in Sweden. Then we'll see who the real fans are :lol:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 20 Jul 2006 13:13

floyd__streete
SpaceCruiser Take note, negative posters (i.e. West Stand Tosser, SDR, Bracknell RFC etc etc)

Dave Kitson Real supporters have their say but they still support the team. That's what being a proper fan is all about.

People are entirely justified to be as critical as they like about the team and the club in general - so long as they put their money where their mouths are and support the club in terms of paying good money week-in week-out to watch. That is the bottom line as far as I am concerned.

Exactement.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Jul 2006 13:15

Royalee
floyd__streete

Exactement.

Indeed, and I think that was kind of the point Kitson was trying to make.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 20 Jul 2006 13:15

Regardless of whether he's missed the point or not, it's moments like these that keep our Dave near the top of my preferred RFC players list.

You might not agree with what he says, but at least he says something. It sparks debate in an otherwise dull time and gives him a personality, something which too few footballers appear to have.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 20 Jul 2006 13:17

Wycombe Royal So apart from fans forums where you may or may not get a chance to ask a question where else can we talk to them face to face?

I took my lads to the open training day at Hogwood. Very interesting day, autographs from nearly all the players and I had a good natter with Wally, Harper and Little.

I've also bumped into Marcus (and years ago Gilkes) out shopping. They're generally pretty approachable - not that I'd have slagged Marcus off to his face!

SeniorStrikes

by SeniorStrikes » 20 Jul 2006 13:18

You've got to love the guy and what he comes out with - always putting in to practice his GCSEs.... :lol: