Kitson on keyboard warriors

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 20 Jul 2006 14:36

Riseley We are all keyboard warriors to a certain extent. Who amongst us would be brave enough to call Maguire a 'big girl's blouse' to his navel?

Some of us may be as tall as him (almost!).

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 20 Jul 2006 14:43

Alan Partridge
Gav Regardless of whether he's missed the point or not, it's moments like these that keep our Dave near the top of my preferred RFC players list.

You might not agree with what he says, but at least he says something. It sparks debate in an otherwise dull time and gives him a personality, something which too few footballers appear to have.

Agreed but he won't practise what he preaches. Will Kitson go out of his way to meet fans that have different views to him? I somewhat doubt it.

Reading the whole article has ground the gears a little bit. I think serious questions were rightly asked 2 years ago. Why and how did we go from a team challenging from automatic promotion to a team that couldn't beat Rotherham? How did we finish 7th? Why didn't Coppell and the rest of the board act in January when we couldn't score goals? I personally have liked Steve Coppell from day 1 but I could full understand why others didn't.

You look at last seasons signings (as fans, we don't know an awful lot that goes on) and with Lita apart it looked as if we'd brought in a lot of 'squad' players. We hadn't heard of Doyle and Long, Hunt had been released by Brentford. Watford weren't too fussed about losing Gunnarsson and Makin and Oster had been released by other clubs. As it turned out they were all masterstrokes but that's what fans talk about. 98% we talk bollocks and haven't got a clue about how things are run or what the club does but because we are passionate about this club we talk about them anyway. Desperate for the team to do well, that when it doesn't go well you look for scapegoats, seems to be a British trait.

People react to things differently it doesn't mean they support the club any more or less than others. I have a laugh and a joke at Gordons Cumming who I think is a bit negative but I know he would have been bloody delighted about last year like all the rest of us! :lol: :wink:

An excellent assessment and I agree with this 100%. I have received my fair amount of stick over the past couple of weeks for my comments and views on the Sidwell situation, and to me this is what makes football and being a football supporter such a great 'hobby/pasttime'

Football is all about debate, opinions and passion. I can see where Kitson is coming from to an extent. The trouble with websites such as this is that as well as a lot of serious/sensible postings, there is also a lot of 'tongue in cheek' wind up comments. I guess the trick either as a fellow supporter or player (if you read this site) is to determine what is meant as a wind up and what is not.

I respect all people's views on this site but I just wish the 'kids' who post just plain obscenities would stickto other non football sites that welcome this sort of thing!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 20 Jul 2006 15:07

Tilehurst Mike ............................ but I just wish the 'kids' who post just plain obscenities would stickto other non football sites that welcome this sort of thing!

I agree

w*****s

UrbieG

by UrbieG » 20 Jul 2006 15:12

Back in the midsts of time, did HobNob not organise an online chat with JM?
Could STAR arrange this with Kitson?

JamesH

by JamesH » 20 Jul 2006 15:13

Fair play to him....

If I could read on the internet, discussion forums slagging off my attitude or my work when I had never even met the people then I would get pretty fed up too.

That said, these places exist for disccusion. I am sure Kitson understands that but just gets frustrated by the more vitreolic comments.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 20 Jul 2006 15:20

JamesH Fair play to him....

If I could read on the internet, discussion forums slagging off my attitude or my work when I had never even met the people then I would get pretty fed up too.

That said, these places exist for disccusion. I am sure Kitson understands that but just gets frustrated by the more vitreolic comments.

Unfortunately he does a job that is viewed by paying people. Therefore it will be discussed by them as well in public. It is going to get worse this season.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Jul 2006 15:23

A quick look at my pay packet and the smile on my face from playing the game I love everyday would soon cheer me up if I were in his shoes!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Jul 2006 15:51

Hoop Blah

A quick look at my pay packet and the smile on my face from playing the game I love everyday would soon cheer me up if I were in his shoes!

He's got it lucky... he doesn't have a wife and kid to support - unlike some!

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 20 Jul 2006 15:57

if he stopped dying his hair blonde, im sure he could find a wife

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Jul 2006 16:16

Reading the whole piece rather than the snippets that some choose to post, I find myself in general agreement with Dave Kitson.

He seems to be refering, in large part, to those very embarrassing contributions in that thread regularly regurgitated by one of our moderators (and much enjoyed by so many of us :P )

Coppell's lack of signings before our record breaking campaign were criticized whilst these fans tried to guess when he would eventually take such gross incompetance to some other poor unfortunate club :?

I believe Kitson's latest remarks are in response to the "signings not good enough thread" where (unbelievably) we have no shortgae of people who are hellbent on making the same cringeworthy errors just one year later :?

Whilst I would agree that he may have his wires crossed a little regarding anonymity, his general thrust of "what a bunch of w@nkers" seems about right from where I'm sitting, especially given just how far wide of the mark such obervations proved to be last season.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 21 Jul 2006 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

Chicken Balti Pie
Location: Sleep pattern fcuked by watchin the English batsmen struggle....

by Chicken Balti Pie » 20 Jul 2006 16:29

Kitson was mis-quoted.

I am sure this is aimed at the uneducated drivel that is based on nothing more than 'I like him' v 'I don't like him'.

And there is plenty of it on here.

I give you the people who want curo's babies. Guess what - he had some weaknesses in his game. Hard to believe I know for some of you.

FWIW I like Kitson's approach - he says what he thinks and is not scared of the reaction he will get. We could all learn from that I am sure.

But above that I remember his goals, his bookings at QPR and Sheff Utd, him being 'Carlo Nashed' (as Harper would say). And that is why I think...

We are very lucky to have a Dave Kitson, he would walk into any Championship team and who knows for next season some premiership teams.

Maybe while we are on the subject, maybe the reading fans slagging off Sonko at Watford would like to come on justify themselves ??

To sum up my endless drivel above - and in the words of Roy Walker -

SAY WHAT YOU SEE :wink:

JamesH

by JamesH » 20 Jul 2006 16:48

Wycombe Royal

Unfortunately he does a job that is viewed by paying people. Therefore it will be discussed by them as well in public. It is going to get worse this season.

So do train conductors, shop assistants etc etc

I know Kitson gets paid a lot more than they do but that is not the point. All I am saying is that I can understand his frustration!

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 20 Jul 2006 16:52

Tilehurst Road
Finch Royal I'll be having a word with Kitson in Sweden. Then we'll see who the real fans are :lol:
As long as it's nothing like the Harper scenario I've heard about from a few years ago. :lol:

I told him to rediscover his form, he did.

Finch come up trumps again. 8)

Petercccccc

by Petercccccc » 20 Jul 2006 16:56

The fact of the matter is we dont pay money to moan at players we pay to watch them play football vise versa player's aren't immune from getting slagged off and are more likely to because of there high status.

Kitsons job is to play football, a Builders job is to build (Keeping up spacey)

Would you slag of a builder for doing a shite job on your house? Off course you would but Because we pay £20 a match are each one of those players doing a job for us?

On the other hand 10k-20k a week. I'd get gang raped for that.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 20 Jul 2006 16:58

I think Kitson lacks a sense of humour.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 20 Jul 2006 17:07

Petercccccc On the other hand 10k-20k a week. I'd get gang raped for that.

We're in the Premiership now, so who knows? Just hang about the team hotel and keep Max Clifford's number handy.

Petercccccc

by Petercccccc » 20 Jul 2006 17:09

That Friday Feeling
Petercccccc On the other hand 10k-20k a week. I'd get gang raped for that.

We're in the Premiership now, so who knows? Just hang about the team hotel and keep Max Clifford's number handy.

Cheers. Ill keep that in mind.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Jul 2006 17:50

Unless you work in the entertainment business then your situation is completely different from that of Kitson. We pay money for people, including professional footballers to entertain us, if they don't or we are not happy with what they are doing, we are perfectly entitled to say so.

If they can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen (chefs also have their work slagged off by people they've never met!).

Just read the point about bus conductors etc. Yes they are in the public eye and yes they also get (rightly) slagged off by people they don't know if they don't perform as they are expected to.

And yes, if I thought one of our players wasn't pulling his weight or I was disappointed with his performance, I would happily discuss that with him face to face. Can't see either them or the club being prepared to facilitate that en masse though!

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 20 Jul 2006 17:56

Come on Kitson, got the bottle to spout off in the paper, reveal yourself as you obviously read this forum :wink:

meeky_no9

by meeky_no9 » 20 Jul 2006 19:51

retired aggro I think Kitson's a rubbish player, no where near Prem standard. And he's ginger.

Why don't you give him the chance of playing Premiership football,
And then after 6-7 matches we will see if you right or not but i think
You will be wrong as he will atleast try a bit more as it is against top Opposition.