by Petercccccc » 20 Jul 2006 16:41

Number 13 will hopefully do well to.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 20 Jul 2006 16:43

number 13 to break his leg pre season

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 21 Jul 2006 15:07

Seol and Convey, plus Lita.
I'm interested to see who Coppell goes with up front. The natural partnership for me is Kits and Lita and when ive seen them playing together i am very impressed. However IMO Doyle has been by far the best striker this season and more of a team player. I think Kitson's performances depend very much on his motivation. We were less dependent on him last season whereas the year before, for me he was the best striker in the league. He will hopefully have more motivation in the premiership and Lita will take it by storm.

Shorey will have another consistent season and could well be in the England frame shortly but i feel we def need another centre back- i have faith that Coppell will bring the right guy in.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 21 Jul 2006 15:22

I think the partnership of Sidwell and Harper will be key. To me it's seems very light weight and I'm surpised that we haven't added to this area, even if we do sign Whithead he's not really going to beef up the midfield. I don't think we can really rely on Bryn to take the ball winning role in midfield and Harper has a nasty habbit of following really good seasons with really shit ones.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 21 Jul 2006 15:26

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe I think the partnership of Sidwell and Harper will be key. To me it's seems very light weight and I'm surpised that we haven't added to this area, even if we do sign Whithead he's not really going to beef up the midfield. I don't think we can really rely on Bryn to take the ball winning role in midfield and Harper has a nasty habbit of following really good seasons with really shit ones.

I agree with that wholeheartedly except Whitehead is more of a Sidwell than a Harper from what I've seen of him. Bryn is different class, if he was 5 years younger with a bit of pace he'd be the first name on the sheet. 8)

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 21 Jul 2006 15:51

He wouldn't be at Reading though, would he?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Jul 2006 18:44

To be honest I really don't see us as having any really standout players.

Hahnemann, Murty, Shorey, Sonko, Ingimarsson, Convey, Seol, Little, sidwell, Gunnersson, Harper, Lita, Doyle and Kitson are all at similar standards in their respective positions.

I think most of the premiership teams have better stars than us, but few other than the big 5 or six have such consistant quality through their side (although theirs is of a much higher quality than ours obviously), and I think that is why we'll do alright next season.

If I really had to pick out 3 people who had to perform for us to do well then it would have to be Hahnemann, Kitson and Sonko.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 22 Jul 2006 15:21

Alan Partridge Lita. I truly think he'll be our top scorer next season. His type of striker usually does well in the Prem.

I think exactly the same - I think Convey will have a brilliant year though and he'll progress even more next year.

Cookie

Re: Key players for the coming season

by Cookie » 22 Jul 2006 19:14

Forbury Lion
Royalwaster I'd say: Doyle, Convey and Little.
No mention of Kitson - If you think he's not good enough to make your top 3 then at least have the balls to say it to his face. What a disgrace. It's keyboard warriors like you who give the internet a bad name :wink:

Keyboard worrier . . . . :(

Fox5

by Fox5 » 22 Jul 2006 19:24

Ian Royal To be honest I really don't see us as having any really standout players.

i agree with that, i think the team plays off each others strengths