A message from BBC Radio Berkshire

301 posts
topfuller

by topfuller » 25 Jul 2006 01:23

But which-ever if we do get it back we all owe 'thefruits' a beer !!

My petition, my beer!

Shame I am underage! :shock:

I really hope this petition has made the impact I wanted when I first started it.

C'mon JM you know what to do now.

Sorry andyhalls I dont know quite how I made that mistake ! - ...

But which-ever if we do get it back we all owe 'andyhalls' a lemonade !!

Fubar
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Fubar » 25 Jul 2006 01:43

I've just sent JM a cheque for £1.00 with a note that says, "Here's my pound, you greedy b*st*rd!" !! :x

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Jul 2006 08:31

windjammer We are grateful for what he has done over the years for Reading FC but maybe it is time he sold out to someone with more money and maybe a better appreciation of true football fans.

I'd love it to happen but in truth how many such Chairmen/potential Chairmen exist? I suspect the overwhelming majority have a similar personality/make up to Mr M.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 25 Jul 2006 08:42

Fubar I've just sent JM a cheque for £1.00 with a note that says, "Here's my pound, you greedy b*st*rd!" !! :x

no you haven't...

:roll:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Jul 2006 10:17

Jerry St Clair But what does "meeting BBCRB in the middle" actually mean? The possibility of shared rights to live commentary with 107? 107 being ditched in favour of BBCRB?
In today's EP 107FM are saying they've not bought exclusive rights, are complimetary to BBC Berks and say their plans will not change if BBC Berks reach an agreement to also broadcast commentry.

107 don't sound like the bad guys here, although their bidding may have inadvertedly pushed the price out of reach of BBC Berks.

windjammer
Location: Now living down in Cornwall, but missing the Royals

by windjammer » 25 Jul 2006 10:55

Forbury Lion
Jerry St Clair But what does "meeting BBCRB in the middle" actually mean? The possibility of shared rights to live commentary with 107? 107 being ditched in favour of BBCRB?
In today's EP 107FM are saying they've not bought exclusive rights, are complimetary to BBC Berks and say their plans will not change if BBC Berks reach an agreement to also broadcast commentry.

107 don't sound like the bad guys here, although their bidding may have inadvertedly pushed the price out of reach of BBC Berks.

Are you serious? Do you think that Reading 107, the station where JM is the major owner actually outbid Radio Berkshire? I would be surprised if they paid one penny. 107 is just another part of JM's empire.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 25 Jul 2006 11:03

windjammer
Forbury Lion

Are you serious? Do you think that Reading 107, the station where JM is the major owner actually outbid Radio Berkshire? I would be surprised if they paid one penny. 107 is just another part of JM's empire.

finally some sense has been spoken.

i've said this before... 107 was always going to win, whether bbc berkshire offered 250k or 500k, it wasn't about money. JM wants HIS radio station to be commentating on HIS premiership club and no one else.

Anyone who really believes that 107 bid more money is wrong.

windjammer
Location: Now living down in Cornwall, but missing the Royals

by windjammer » 25 Jul 2006 11:03

RoyalBlue
windjammer We are grateful for what he has done over the years for Reading FC but maybe it is time he sold out to someone with more money and maybe a better appreciation of true football fans.

I'd love it to happen but in truth how many such Chairmen/potential Chairmen exist? I suspect the overwhelming majority have a similar personality/make up to Mr M.

Reading is not some country hick town with a football team that was lucky enough to get itself promoted. Reading is a booming business town with many hi-tech companies within a short distance, and many more being encouraged to relocate to this area. Surely there must be some companies with Chairman willing to use RFC as an additional publicity outlet. I think that JM wants to sell the club to one man. Wouldn't it be better to bring in several men with money to take different sized shares. We must be the club in the Premiership with the smallest number of directors?

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 25 Jul 2006 11:58

BBC Radio Berkshire will be reinstated, tim and joel will once again feel the power of my texts.
it is this hole episode that has forced me to leave my dungeon retreat and become a memeber of HobKnob to show my support for the BBC Berkshire team.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 25 Jul 2006 11:58

windjammer
RoyalBlue

Reading is not some country hick town with a football team that was lucky enough to get itself promoted. Reading is a booming business town with many hi-tech companies within a short distance, and many more being encouraged to relocate to this area. Surely there must be some companies with Chairman willing to use RFC as an additional publicity outlet. I think that JM wants to sell the club to one man. Wouldn't it be better to bring in several men with money to take different sized shares. We must be the club in the Premiership with the smallest number of directors?

I personally think its better if you have one man in charge however this has its draw backs.

I guess we just have to trust that Mr Madejski actually cares for the club which I personally think he does and that when he sells he does not sell to someone Like Rupert Lowe

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 25 Jul 2006 12:37

Fubar I've just sent JM a cheque for £1.00 with a note that says, "Here's my pound, you greedy b*st*rd!" !! :x

why dont you send the "greedy bastard" the 50 million he has spent on the club over the last 16 years?
fcuking words fail me!!!!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Jul 2006 13:21

Chaney

why dont you send the "greedy bastard" the 50 million he has spent on the club over the last 16 years?
fcuking words fail me!!!!

Perhaps the insensitivity of the words used by Fubar matched those used by the Chairman in the EP!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Jul 2006 13:24

Yes, let's turn this into a personal attack on Mr Madejski shall we? Maybe that will persuade him to sell up post haste to some shady foreign investor.

Jesus wept.

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 25 Jul 2006 13:35

floyd__streete

Yes, let's turn this into a personal attack on Mr Madejski shall we? Maybe that will persuade him to sell up post haste to some shady foreign investor.

Jesus wept.

i agree people have lost sight that this is not a personal attack on jm or 107 for that matter.

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 25 Jul 2006 15:09

floyd__streete

Jesus wept.

Oh come on, isn't that a bit of an over reaction?

Also, it's hardly a secret that Mr Madejski wants to sell up regardless!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 25 Jul 2006 16:07

idiot.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 25 Jul 2006 16:14

From a business viewpoint, isn't this exactly what JM wants? He allows 107 to 'buy' the rights because BBCRB have supposedly under bid for the commentary rights. This generates public opinion deriding the decision so he says he is willing to go halfway, BBCRB are then almost obliged to pay the extra or ask STAR to help out due to the overwhelming public outcry. JM makes more money, the club makes more money and the supporters are out of pocket because of it.

So BBCRB refuse to pay the extra and 107 keep it. It's all charged internally so no-one actually loses any money and JM gets additional revenue from extra advertising during Premiership games than he did during Championship ones which he would not have got if BBCRB had the rights.

Very clever

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 25 Jul 2006 16:19

Huntley & Palmer From a business viewpoint, isn't this exactly what JM wants? He allows 107 to 'buy' the rights because BBCRB have supposedly under bid for the commentary rights. This generates public opinion deriding the decision so he says he is willing to go halfway, BBCRB are then almost obliged to pay the extra or ask STAR to help out due to the overwhelming public outcry. JM makes more money, the club makes more money and the supporters are out of pocket because of it.

So BBCRB refuse to pay the extra and 107 keep it. It's all charged internally so no-one actually loses any money and JM gets additional revenue from extra advertising during Premiership games than he did during Championship ones which he would not have got if BBCRB had the rights.

Very clever

May seem clever on paper, but only works if people fall for it.

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 25 Jul 2006 16:23

Huntley & Palmer From a business viewpoint, isn't this exactly what JM wants? He allows 107 to 'buy' the rights because BBCRB have supposedly under bid for the commentary rights. This generates public opinion deriding the decision so he says he is willing to go halfway, BBCRB are then almost obliged to pay the extra or ask STAR to help out due to the overwhelming public outcry. JM makes more money, the club makes more money and the supporters are out of pocket because of it.

Very clever

but surely the "107 brand" is going to be tainted ? thus driving away commercial revenue?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 25 Jul 2006 16:34

Tainted by who? A couple of hundred RFC fans on an internet message board? 107 will offer a more attractive proposal for businesses looking to advertise as they would expect more people to switch on and listen and their product would be associated to a higher quality brand in the Premiership. Simple business sense.

301 posts