A message from BBC Radio Berkshire

301 posts
BBC Radio Berkshire

A message from BBC Radio Berkshire

by BBC Radio Berkshire » 21 Jul 2006 09:43

Dear All,

Just a quick note to say many thanks for all your kind words in the wake of the news of BBC Radio Berkshire losing the Reading FC commentary rights.

Rest assured that 'Loyal to the Royals' is more than a slogan for us and therefore there's no chance of us jumping off the bandwagon after covering the team through thick and thin.

Whilst we won't be able to provide commentary (except for FA matches) we will, of course, continue to cover Royals matches live with regular reports from the matches plus goal flashes.

We will also continue to give fans a platform to have their say on the club as well as keeping supporters bang up to date with all the news from the club.

We will still have an extensive and comprehensive pre match programme from 1 o'clock with the phone and text lines open throughout the programme but especially after the final whistle for the post match phone in.

I hope you continue to tune in.

Please feel free to contact me via joel.hufford@bbc.co.uk

All the best

Joel

joe999

by joe999 » 21 Jul 2006 09:47

Thanks for being with the Royals through thick and thin Joel, I will be so sorry to see your great commentary go. Can't understand why we need "exclusive" commentary, Berkshire's was better anyway.

All the Best Joel (And Tim too) And I might see you in Warings again sometime :lol:

I sympathise with you very strongly and will be sorry to see you go.

Joe

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 21 Jul 2006 09:53

thanks for the post Joel, hope you know that the feelings mutual, we respect and will miss your contribution

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 21 Jul 2006 09:56

Hurrah,

wrong forum :wink:

but hurrah all the same

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 21 Jul 2006 09:59

good luck - you'll be missed...

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

Re: A message from BBC Radio Berkshire

by Skin » 21 Jul 2006 10:01

BBC Radio Berkshire Dear All,

Just a quick note to say many thanks for all your kind words in the wake of the news of BBC Radio Berkshire losing the Reading FC commentary rights.

Rest assured that 'Loyal to the Royals' is more than a slogan for us and therefore there's no chance of us jumping off the bandwagon after covering the team through thick and thin.

Whilst we won't be able to provide commentary (except for FA matches) we will, of course, continue to cover Royals matches live with regular reports from the mtaches plus goal flashes.

We will also continue to give fans a platform to have their say on the club as well as keeping supporters bang up to date with all the news from the club.

We will still have an extensive and comprehensive pre match programme from 1 o'clock with the phone and text lines open throughout the programme but especially after the final whistle for the post match phone in.

I hope you continue to tune in.

Please feel free to contact me via joel.hufford@bbc.co.uk

All the best

Joel

Joel, does this now mean that you will be able to broadcast your (watered down) coverage over the net, rather than switching it off as per 'live internet football' broadcast regulations have meant in the past?

Please let us know as it could be a faint silver lining on a current dark cloud!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 21 Jul 2006 10:04

Well Done Joel on years of excellent commentary. Myself and my Dad always tune in before and after games and you and Tim have brought many a smile to the face.

As you can see once again this is not a popular decision from RFC with it's supporters and rest assured most of us won't give 107 the time of day.

You have been Loyal to the Royals throughout thick and thin (and thinner) the interview with Burns after the 6-0 was still a 'highlight' and the way Radio Berks seems to have been treated is nothing short of a disgrace IMO.

Keep up the good work lads and you'll be back after this season no doubts. 8)

Freddy
Hob Nob Regular

by Freddy » 21 Jul 2006 10:07

Excellent that you can still keep going!

Let's hope that the listening figures demonstrate to the club and 107 that they have made a poor decision and that they are prompted to review it.

loyalest royalest

by loyalest royalest » 21 Jul 2006 10:10

Thankyou BBC Berkshire for everything. Driving back from the Mad Stad listening to Joel and Tim has become part of the Reading FC ritual for my family. Good Luck!

reading98

by reading98 » 21 Jul 2006 10:13

Sad to hear about BBC Berks not getting the rights it always made the journey to the stadium.

It always got me prepared for the game. Always top quality coverage on the team really will miss it.

Good luck Tim and Joel :cry: :cry: :cry:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 21 Jul 2006 10:13

It's plainly clear who the winner is from this:

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

BBC Berkshire continued their excellent support not only through the match with entertaining commentry and great information, but even better was before and after the match.

Phone ins, statistics, highlights, interviews, information about fixtures, etc.... a great loss, but I will still rather listen to BBC Berkshire through the match and have an up-to-date score than any alternatives :wink:

March 25 2006 ... Remember the moment!!!
:wink:

Murtys Right Foot

by Murtys Right Foot » 21 Jul 2006 10:16

Very sad to see you go. Always entertaining - comical in many cases.

I wish you well.

Freddy
Hob Nob Regular

by Freddy » 21 Jul 2006 10:23

reading98 Sad to hear about BBC Berks not getting the rights it always made the journey to the stadium.

It always got me prepared for the game. Always top quality coverage on the team really will miss it.

Note this.. "
reading98 Sad to hear about BBC Berks not getting the rights it always made the journey to the stadium.

Note this.. "We will still have an extensive and comprehensive pre match programme from 1 o'clock with the phone and text lines open throughout the programme but especially after the final whistle for the post match phone in."

Use it or lose it!

Gregster

by Gregster » 21 Jul 2006 10:28

Apologies for the way RFC have treated you guys. I'll still be tuning into the pre-match buildup though on the way to the stadium.

I simply can't stand 107fm.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 21 Jul 2006 10:30

I think BBC Berks will soon be back, 107 coverage is rubbish, they dont really commentate, whereas Joel and team tell what is happening, and always with knowledge and humour.

Tredder will not know where to txt anymore.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Jul 2006 10:30

I can honestly say this has pissed me off more than any of the other recent displays of incompetence from RFC. Hang in there and i'm sure it'll be back.

I resolve to send in nonsensical texts on an even more regular basis next season. Have the club also poached David Downs on a free transfer for his question of the week?

Blue Jay

by Blue Jay » 21 Jul 2006 10:33

see my poll in club policies!

BBC Radio Berkshire

BBC Radio Berkshire's New Look Royals Prog

by BBC Radio Berkshire » 21 Jul 2006 10:34

Just to let you know that the whole of our Royals prog (goal updates and all) will be available via the net on a our radio player at bbc.co.uk/berkshire

Ta

Joel

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 21 Jul 2006 10:34

Good to know there will still be a programme of some sorts. I want to get my revenge on Royals masterbrain at some point :wink: Ian Branfoot, not Ian Porterfield :oops:

301 posts