from Seol's country

Hup Holland Hup

by Hup Holland Hup » 01 Aug 2006 13:39

SpaceCruiser
OzBiscuit2004
SpaceCruiser
Are they actually from these countries or are they exiled royals?

I'm a born and bred Aussie. I did what a lot of Aussies do and travelled to the UK in 1989. Got a job with Foster Wheeler and the rest as they say is history.

Good for you, I'm glad you're a Reading fan. I think a couple of foreign posters on here have actually been to Reading when they were over here for university - I think they are Hup Holland Hup and japanreading. There may be a couple of others who are the same....

Never went to university in Reading but did live and work there for almost 11 years. Great people in a reasonable nice town.

Can't say the two Dutch players employed by the club did too much to enhance the reputation of Dutch football :oops:

Hup Holland Hup

by Hup Holland Hup » 01 Aug 2006 13:46

AllRoyals I'm Swedish and not an Exile. We're a few Royals in Sweden. Not 2 many active here though. C u next week!

After talking with a rather pleasent young lady employed by Reading to renew all world subscriptions, I can confirm that there are more Royals in Finland then any other country (UK excempt).

Have Nokia got business interests in the town?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 01 Aug 2006 13:51

Hup Holland Hup
SpaceCruiser I think a couple of foreign posters on here have actually been to Reading when they were over here for university - I think they are Hup Holland Hup and japanreading. There may be a couple of others who are the same....

Never went to university in Reading but did live and work there for almost 11 years. Great people in a reasonable nice town.

Ah, I'm sorry I remembered incorrectly. :oops:

finky

by finky » 04 Aug 2006 14:31

haha :P itz good to see a korean here as im a korean too ! lol

i've been wondering this site since Seol transfered to Reading but then I only got to post something today since it took some time for the administrator to aprove me or something .

anyway ! im so glad that Seol is doing a great job in there :D

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 04 Aug 2006 15:07

Welcome, welcome!

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

Re: ooooh

by exileinleeds » 05 Aug 2006 12:31

bobjones2 Oh you Reading fans... I am Korean American and I started to follow Reading ever since Seol got sent there. The thing is, this is the first real year when I'm following professional football (WC fever has turned into full blown footie madness) and out of all the teams I could have got sucked in (i.e. ManYoo-Park Ji Sung, Tottenham-Lee Young Pyo), I'm getting sucked into Reading. This is utter madness, I've never been to Berkshire (i've been to england) all my life, hell I haven't even been to New Maldin. The closest connection to Berkshire I have is I read couple of speeches given by Warren Buffet, the chairman of Berkshire Hathaway. The other connection to Reading is that my buddy's dad comes from Reading Pennsylvannia. I am paranoid all of the sudden for no good reason at all that Reading F.C. will be relegated next season--and even so, I find myself keep getting obsessed over Reading. Why is it that I am obsessing over this guy named Sidwell or some obsure player from Sunderland, neither of whom I have never heard of (or even play) even when I was busy playing Winning Eleven 9? I find that I am obsessing over Majeski (sp?) an obscure businessmen I have never heard of, when everyone around me is following up over that other businessman in New York, George Steinbrenner.

I'm starting to daydream that this guy named Oser, whom I have never heard of before looking him up on Wiki yesterday, he would suddenly turn into Wayne Rooney.

Something about Reading reminds me of the Korean National Team. Reading F.C. has a very old history (i guess all your english football clubs do) and KNT has a long history considering Asia. Both never had shining moments, but the sudden spot light is very exciting.

My brain tells me upsets are almost nil-possible, but I find that I'm fantasizing about Reading at UEFA and beating Inter.

When will my madness end??? Good luck to all you loyal Reading fans, and whatever happens, I hope we all can see some good football (soccer to me). I have my fingers crossed that Seol will become the 20 goals scoring Seol at Anderlecht instead of the 4 goals scoring Seol at Wolverhampton.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep - I think you got it bad!

Welcome to being a royal.... it's character building!

cinga

by cinga » 06 Aug 2006 02:44

Hi, another Korean fan here. I like to have a conversation about football with other fans. Seol joining Reading means that we Koreans are near guaranteed all Reading games live on TV. It will be great to talk about Reading matches with fans from Reading!

I became aware of this site because some Korean media quoted some fans' reaction to Seol's transfer on this site. Korean journalists keep an eye on this site, so watch out your language. :P

moongirls

My name is Seol.

by moongirls » 06 Aug 2006 03:33

'Seol' is not a common surname in Korea, so actually Seol Ki-Hyun is a kind of relative to me - He doesn't know me, though. :lol:

I'm so delighted to see a jersey which has my name on the back side in the one of the greatest leagues in the world. I'm definitely gonna buy it if I can buy it in Korea. Actually, I've just come back from England and I think I should have bought it there... How stupid I am!

Anyway, I do hope Reading can get a really good result in this season - at least, getting to European Cup next season!
Last edited by moongirls on 06 Aug 2006 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Aug 2006 11:27

Jay Is this guy genuine?
He's posting from a South Korean ip address.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Aug 2006 11:28

Have any of you South Korean's heard of a player called Jamie Cureton?

Bucks Dave

by Bucks Dave » 06 Aug 2006 11:34

So the Korean media keep a watch on this site as well as Korean football fans, eh?

Well, in that case I would just like to say that I am old enough to have thoroughly enjoyed the 1966 World Cup and I remember the tremendous popularity here (especially in North East England) of North Korea.

Oh, hang on......

I'm also young enough to go quiet at the thought of moongirls pleasure at seeing her name on a players backside.

sid

by sid » 06 Aug 2006 12:59

cinga Korean journalists keep an eye on this site, so watch out your language. :P

한국기사들 ì €ë„

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 06 Aug 2006 15:25

Babelfish claims sid The Korean article wild writing cum petty do widely well

Good old Babelfish.

finky

by finky » 06 Aug 2006 16:56

well they (korean media) do. I 've seen several korean articles that refers to this site.. like how much u guys welcomed Seol and stuff

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 06 Aug 2006 17:17

USRoyal17 new member here as well... and you can add me to the list of foreigners on the site and hopefully you guys won't mind me jumping on the Reading bandwagon

Join the "Convey Convoy"!

Monkey Magic

by Monkey Magic » 06 Aug 2006 20:56

I live in London me, which isn't very interesting. But it does occur to me that if pretty much every Reading game is going to be shown in Korea next season then that makes it very likely that they'll find their way onto the likes of ppStream or SopCast..... bonus.

:)

iang040563

by iang040563 » 06 Aug 2006 21:15

Hup Holland Hup
AllRoyals I'm Swedish and not an Exile. We're a few Royals in Sweden. Not 2 many active here though. C u next week!

After talking with a rather pleasent young lady employed by Reading to renew all world subscriptions, I can confirm that there are more Royals in Finland then any other country (UK excempt).

Is this because (with the exception of 2004/2005) we always Finnish strongly?? :lol:

Cavaman

by Cavaman » 06 Aug 2006 23:06

iang040563
Hup Holland Hup

Is this because (with the exception of 2004/2005) we always Finnish strongly?? :lol:

Norway should puns like this be allowed :oops:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Aug 2006 00:42

Wow, welcome to all the new Korean members. It's nice to see that not only is Reading FC getting international recognition, but so is HNA?!

We're going to have to watch the xenophobia with so many yanks and Koreans joining us. - Spacey, behave! - Sounds like in Seol we now have 3 or 4 wingers capable of terrorising defences and banging in the goals. With Kitson, Lita, Doyle, Long and Cox to add to that tally I hav no worries about our ability to score.

The only question mark to remain is our ability to not concede, and our defence has been one of our strongest attributes for several years now which bodes well.

Isn't this exciting, only 12 days to go and I may even manage to get hold of a ticket! I'm getting really nervous now.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 07 Aug 2006 00:50

Actually, despite Koreans, Yanks and feyenoord fans in plenty this week the xenophobes have been conspicuous by their absence. Always the way isn't it. Plenty of mouth when they are a safe majority, but get too many oppo around and they run like SROT.